Nutrition and Diet After Stomach Botox
Excess weight is a common problem for many people. The medical world is also developing new methods to combat this problem. The most popular slimming method of the last period is stomach botox application made by the endoscopic method. In fact, Botox has been used in many fields of medicine, especially in aesthetic surgery, for years.
In the last 10-15 years, it has been used in the treatment of obesity. As the name suggests, stomach botox application is the process of applying botox to certain parts of the stomach. Thus, the contraction of the stomach muscles is limited and as a result, the patient’s appetite is reduced.
The success rate of stomach botox application is over 90 percent. Patients usually start to lose weight 1-2 days after the application. There is a diet program that should be applied after this application. If this program is not paid attention to, the effect and success of the application will decrease.
So what are the stomach botox nutrition rules? How should I be fed before and after the application? The answers to all these questions and everything you wonder about the stomach botox application are waiting for you in the rest of our article.
What is Stomach Botox?
- It is one of the effective methods applied within the scope of combating the obesity problem.
- Stomach botox, as the name suggests, is the process of applying botulinum toxin, or botox, to certain parts of the stomach. This application is done by the endoscopic method.
- The main purpose of the application is to limit the contraction of the stomach muscles of the patient. When the stomach muscles are weak, they work more slowly. In this way, it is aimed to keep the patient full for a longer period of time. Food is digested more slowly when fullness is prolonged. Naturally, the gastric emptying time is prolonged. All of these factors lead to loss of appetite.
- The success rate of stomach botox application is high. Thanks to this procedure, patients struggling with obesity can get rid of their excess weight in a short time with very few side effects.
- After the procedure, it is expected that the patient will lose 10-15% of his total body weight within 3-6 months.
- The amount of weight given; varies from person to person depending on age, metabolic rate, and frequency of exercise.
How should people who have stomach botox be fed?
- The success rate of stomach botox application is over 90%. Compliance with the diet program given before and after the application is of great importance in achieving this success rate. For this reason, it is absolutely necessary to get support from a specialist dietitian before and after the application.
- The patient starts to lose weight 1-2 days after the stomach botox application.
- To support the weight loss process, the stomach botox diet recommended by the dietitian should be applied completely and physical activity should be increased.
- Generally, patients are advised to start light brisk walking and light exercises for 30 minutes every day after the first week.
- It may take 4-6 months for the stomach botox application to take full effect. During this period, compliance with the stomach botox diet list and exercise program is essential.
So how should the stomach botox nutrition program be? Let’s look at the answer to this question together.
- Especially in the first 4 months, fluid intake should be increased. Not carbonated and acidic beverages as liquids; water, soup, unsweetened tea, and herbal teas should be preferred.
- In addition to fluid intake, the consumption of vegetables and fruits should be increased. Especially the first 4 months should be fed with vegetables.
- Patients with stomach botox usually get full with small portions, although they get hungry later. It is normal to feel full for a longer period of time after the application.
Forbidden Foods For Those Who Have Stomach Botox
Alcohol and smoking directly affect the stomach muscles. For this reason, alcohol and smoking should be stopped 2 weeks before the application. After the application, the use of alcohol and cigarettes should be completely stopped. Otherwise, the desired result cannot be obtained from the application.
- Packaged and prepared foods
- Foods with additives
- fast food foods
- sugary foods
- junk food
- fatty foods
- Foods containing high carbohydrates (bread, cake, pastry, rice, etc.)
Stomach Botox Diet Sample List
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 slice of fat-free feta cheese
- Half a tomato and cucumber
- 2 walnuts
- 1 cup of unsweetened tea
- 1 fruit
- 1 bowl of soup
- 4-5 tablespoons of vegetable food
- 1 glass of milk
- 2-3 grilled meatballs
- Fish or chicken meat
- Green salad
Before going to bed at night
- 1 cup of unsweetened green tea
How Is Stomach Botox Made?
- Stomach botox application is performed by endoscopic method. So what is the endoscopic method? For those who don’t know, let’s explain!
- Endoscopic method; The procedure is performed with the instruments used during the endoscopic examination. During this procedure, no surgical tools are needed and no incisions are made on the body.
- It is possible to say that the stomach botox application is a simple application.
- Before the procedure, the patient is examined in detail, and waist circumference and body mass index are measured. Then, it is investigated whether the patient has any stomach discomfort. Finally, necessary blood and urine tests are performed. As a result of all these procedures, it is determined whether the patient is suitable for stomach botox application.
- If it is decided to apply stomach botox, the patient is told to stop eating and drinking at least 8 hours before the application. Because the procedure is done directly on the stomach, the stomach must be empty. Thus, the possibility of the patient vomiting during the procedure is prevented.
- During the procedure, toxins of bacteria called botulinum are injected into approximately 20 parts of the patient’s stomach by the endoscopic method. During the application, the patient is asked not to move too much. The patient only feels the discomfort caused by the endoscopy during the procedure. Apart from that, it does not feel pain and suffering.
- Stomach botox application takes 20-30 minutes on average.
- After the injection process is completed, the patient is kept under observation for 1-2 hours for any possible problem. Usually, the patient is discharged on the same day and can return to his daily life.
Stomach Botox Damages and Side Effects
- Botox is a frequently applied procedure to reduce wrinkles on the skin and has no known side effects.
- In stomach botox, the botox procedure is performed by endoscopic method. To date, no side effects or harms of this procedure have been observed.
- However, stomach botox is not a suitable application for those who have a muscle disease and those who are allergic to botox.
Who Can Have Stomach Botox – Not Done?
- Stomach botox application is an ideal application for patients whose body mass index is below 40%.
- This application is generally recommended for patients who have been on a diet for a long time but do not lose weight or have difficulty in dieting.
- It is suitable for patients who have 10-20 kilos more than their ideal weight.
- It is applied to people who do not have any stomach ailments (ulcer, gastritis, etc.). Because enzymes injected with stomach botox can cause stomach ulcers to grow.
- If you wish, let’s look at the other side of the coin, that is, who is not suitable for stomach botox application.
- First of all, we should say that pregnant and lactating women are not treated with stomach botox.
- In addition, stomach botox cannot be applied to people with a body mass index above 40%. These people should prefer other surgical methods.
- This procedure should not be applied to those who have stomach ailments and who are allergic to botox due to the reasons mentioned above.