Purslane Nutrition Facts: How Many Calories in Purslane?
Purslane is a vegetable that has the opportunity to grow in Anatolian lands and grows in a very short time. Purslane, which is known by names such as purpürüm and pirpirim, is among the low-calorie foods that should not be missed in the kitchen of those who want to eat healthy.
With the coming of autumn, purslane, which takes its place in the market aisles and stalls, is also included in the food group that nutritionists often recommend to their clients. Purslane, which is very popular due to its low calorie content, is also an ingredient in practical recipes.
We have prepared an informative and vitamin-rich article for those who do research on purslane calories. The information in these lines is the kind that will protect your diet meals and your body from high calories. If you want to be fed with portion control at your tables equipped with various kinds of purslane dishes, you can remember the calorie values of purslane in this article.
Heart-friendly, the most natural medicine for the intestines, purslane is here with its calories and nutritional values! We did not forget to add the most popular practical recipes!
How Many Calories in Fresh – Raw Purslane?
After washing and cleaning the purslane well, you can use it in any recipe you want. If you are wondering about the calories of raw purslane, let’s give the measurement information:
- How many calories in 1 serving of raw purslane: 27 calories
- How many calories in 1 tablespoon of purslane: 4 calories
- 100 grams of purslane: 22 calories
Purslane Nutrition Facts
Purslane attracts attention with its high nutritional value. The reason why it is included in many recipes is that it is nutritious and satisfying. Now let’s find out what vitamins and minerals purslane contains:
In 100 grams of purslane;
- 1.77 grams of Carbs
- 2.64 grams of Protein
- 0.12 grams Fat
- 1.59 grams of Fiber
- 41mg Sodium
- 414mg Potassium
- 155mg Calcium
- 1320 iu of vitamin A
- 24.6 grams of vitamin C
- It has 4.45 grams of Iron.
When the calorie and nutritional values of purslane are examined, it is immediately understood that it is a very suitable food for diet. It has a low calorie value as it contains vitamins and minerals that should be taken daily. You can use purslane in diet food and salad recipes accompanied by hearty legumes to be added to it.
How Many Calories in Purslane Meal?
The purslane dish, which is preferred as the main dish, is both a satisfying and practical dish. We can examine how many calories you will get when you consume purslane meal, according to its types:
Calories in Purslane Meal with Minced Meat
- 1 serving of purslane with minced meat calories: 202 calories
- 1 tablespoon of purslane with minced meat and yogurt calories: 17 calories
Calories in Purslane Meal with Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon of purslane with olive oil: 8 calories
- 1 serving of purslane with olive oil: 59 calories
- 50 grams of purslane meal with olive oil: 21 calories
How Many Calories in Purslane Salad?
Another way to enjoy purslane is to use it as a salad. Purslane salad can be prepared with mixed vegetables and yogurt. Now let’s find out how many calories purslane salad types contain:
Calories in Purslane Salad with Wheat
- 1 serving of purslane salad with wheat calories: 227 calories
- 1 tablespoon of purslane salad with wheat: 15 calories
Calories in Purslane Salad with Yogurt
- How many calories in 1 serving of purslane with yogurt: 103 calories
- 1 tablespoon of purslane salad with yogurt: 9 calories
Does Purslane Make You Weak?
- Purslane is a low-calorie food in raw and cooked form.
- It helps you lose weight by accelerating the metabolism.
- You can accelerate fat burning by consuming purslane. Thus, you eliminate intestinal stagnation and bring your body to a dynamic position.
- Since purslane is low in calories, it does not cause weight gain and gives a feeling of satiety.
- Purslane, a fibrous vegetable, is an indispensable product of dietary nutrition.