How to Make Christmas Decorations? 7 Easy Ideas
Handmade Christmas Decorations: Simple and Cute! Are you ready for a brand new year? Do not forget to forget all the bad days you had this year and turn a brand new page in the new year. According to the legend, how do you enter a new year; You continue with the same energy all year. Then how about celebrating a new year in the most fun and attentive way?
You can carry the New Year spirit to your favorite corners by making small touches in your home. Christmas decoration, which has become a common habit, will be prepared in the easiest and most practical way for those who read this article.
In order not to spend extra on expensive New Year decorations; You can improve yourself in making Christmas decorations. The information and materials required for this are gathered in this list. Since Christmas decorations are easy to make, you can get together with your loved ones at home and prepare the decorations in a few minutes.
Making Christmas decorations prepared with excitement consists of simple steps. For those who say how to make Christmas decorations at home, we will introduce the most popular ornaments with photos. You should definitely check out this article for the cutest Christmas decorations that you can use on the table, door and wall.
Here, the Christmas decorations in their handmade form, in the most practical way, at your home!
How to Make Christmas Decorations at Home?
- Snowman Making
- Luminous Bulbs
- Cone Door Ornament
- Christmas tree
- Christmas Keychain
- Cutlery Napkin
- Decorative Christmas Candle
1) Snowman Making
- Color button
- White socks
- patterned fabric
- A snowman is a must-have for Christmas decorations do-it-yourself projects. With its body reminiscent of white snow and its carrot nose, it gives joy to those who see it. It is the symbol of the winter season, especially the new year.
- To make a snowman ornament at home, cut the white sock crosswise into two separate pieces.
- Thinking like a sack, stuff cotton inside the cut sock.
- Create thin lines from the tires and round the head to denote the snowman’s head and torso.
- By using these elastics, you can tighten both the hat and the body of the snowman and make them more prominent.
- At this stage, two different round solid parts will be formed in the same body, one big and the other small.
- Since the small one will be a cotton ball head, you can stick small colored buttons as eyes.
- To create a scarf for the snowman from patterned fabric, cut it into thin strips and pass the scarf over the head area.
- According to the size of the snowman’s body, you can finish the Christmas ornament you make at home by sewing the buttons one after the other.
- If you are looking for a sincere gift to present to your loved ones as you enter the new year; You should definitely add these snowmen to the gift box.
2) Luminous Bulbs
- tiny bulbs
- glass glue
- dust glitter
- You can use handmade ornaments to decorate the Christmas tree at home. For this, the bulbs of the size you want will be very useful for you.
- When the sparkling powder glitters that you will obtain from stationery and haberdashery are attached to the bulbs, multi-colored images will emerge.
- Stick a glass-free adhesive around the bulb. To perform this process very easily, pour the adhesive and powder glitter into separate containers.
- Hold the bulb so that the adhesive does not touch your hand and dip it first into the adhesive and then into the glitter of your choice.
- Hold the bulb in your hand for a few minutes and let it dry.
- You can use the dried and colored bulbs to decorate a tree or room.
3) Cone Door Ornament
- wood glue
- Shapeable clothes hanger
- plastic ring button
- Patterned or plain stripe fabric
- To keep the Christmas spirit alive in your home, you can prepare an ornament to keep it on your door.
- To prepare this ornament in minutes, first turn the coat hanger into a ring and create a knot. Take care to leave the hanging hook at the top.
- Attach the plastic ring buttons to the wire hanger at frequent intervals with glue. You will be gluing cones to these rings in a little while.
- Glue the pine cones one after the other on the plastic rings that have dried the glue.
- In the final stage, the top of the wire hanger will be surrounded by a cone.
- You can prepare a bow from the strip fabric you want and hang it on the hanging part of the door ornament.
- If you wish, you can also stick a few notes with colored cards.
4) Christmas Tree
- 8 different size tree branches
- Straw rope
- Large and small Christmas decorations or photo cards
- led lights
- If you want to create a handmade decor that will decorate your wall at home and symbolize the excitement of the New Year; You can try this suggestion.
- It is recommended to find 8 different sizes of tree branches. We will list the tree branches that you will cut in 8 different sizes in the form of a pine tree soon.
- It is recommended to work in a large area to prepare this ornament.
- First of all, cut 2 separate straw ropes. The length of these ropes should be as long as possible.
- Arrange the tree branches cut in 8 different sizes from the bottom up, starting from the largest to the smallest.
- Now tie the straw rope from both ends of the branches by making a knot.
- When you start with the longest branch, you can go up and tie the smallest branch with straw rope.
- When all the knotting process is finished, a pine tree-like decor will be formed as in the image.
- You can tie the straw ropes together at the top and create a hanging apparatus.
- You can stick any small decorations on each corner of this practical ornament, which resembles a triangle when you look from a distance.
- You can create a bright image by circulating the led light through the branches, which we recommend to give you an idea.
- If you wish, you can stick a photo on each branch of the decor tree. If it will be presented in front of a large family, you can stick a special envelope or note for everyone.
5) Christmas Keychain
- Felt fabric in desired color
- colored buttons
- Colorful wool thread and needle
- If you want to leave a small souvenir for your guests or family members who come to your house on New Year’s Eve; You can try keychains prepared very simply.
- You can choose your felt fabrics from this color, as red, green and white colors are usually remembered at Christmas.
- Cut hearts, stars or different shapes from felt fabrics that you choose completely according to your own taste.
- Cut 2 pieces of each shape the same size. Sew the 2 cut pieces with colored wool. However, do not plant it completely.
- You should leave a space where you can fill the cotton.
- Fill the cottons into a small pillow from the space you left.
- You can create a ring from the ropes so that you can pass the keys and sew them to the desired point of the ornament.
- You can also consider creating details on your tiny pillows from colored buttons. If you use contrasting colors; Your gift will become more attractive.
- If the wool thread is of good quality; The power to pull the keys will last longer.
6) Cutlery Napkin
- Green and red felt fabric
- You can prepare the cutlery napkin, which is one of the easiest Christmas decorations we recommend, in a few moves.
- You do not need to use glue or needle for this product. You can prepare it with just scissors.
- Draw the tree shape or any other shape you want on your felt fabrics with a pencil.
- Using scissors, cut the fabric so that you get the shape.
- Cut a belt right in the middle of the felt fabric.
- You can create stylish presentations on your New Year’s Eve invitation by placing your forks and knives on this cut belt.
- You can present the felt Christmas ornament you have prepared to your guests as a souvenir.
- If you wish, you can use this product on the table and on the door decoration.
7) Decorative Candle Making
If you want to prepare the candles that will decorate your table at home on New Year’s Eve, let us express that very easy steps are waiting for you. To use candles on the table, in the console corner or under the Christmas tree, you will need the following materials:
- Tiny tealight candles – Cylinder mold candle
- Red checkered thin strip
- cinnamon sticks
- Any type of glass you want
- If you want to make New Year’s decorations and present them to the guests in your home, you can prepare an economical and stylish candle.
- First, decide which type of candle you will use. If you are going to decorate with tiny candles, you will need a glass.
- Stick a cinnamon stick around the glass and prevent the glass from being seen.
- Now tie the cinnamon sticks around the glass with a red ribbon right in the middle. You can make ribbons.
- Place a candle in the inner bottom of the glass and your ornament is ready. After positioning it on the table, you can light the candle with a lighter and give it a decorative look.
- If you are using a large candle, squeeze the candle into the glass. After this step, the glass will look like the container of the candle.
- Stick the cinnamon sticks vertically around the glass one by one. Tie a few turns with ribbon from the bottom of the cinnamon sticks.
- In the final stage, a candle in the glass and a red stripe on the bottom of the glass will appear. You can present such ornaments both as home decor and as gifts to your loved ones.