How to Prepare and Eat Flaxseed Yogurt? 13 Benefits
Flaxseed, which is almost a source of healing, is obtained from the seeds of the flax plant. The demand for flaxseed, which is accepted as a “super food” all over the world with its rich nutritional value, is increasing day by day. This food, which is not consumed alone, is usually eaten mixed with yogurt.
One of the most important benefits of flaxseed, which protects the body from many diseases from cancer to diabetes, is that it helps to lose weight. In this article, we have examined the effects of flaxseed and a mixture of flaxseed and yogurt for you.
Flaxseed yogurt is also recommended by Osman Müftüoğlu . Müftüoğlu mentioned in his writings that 1 teaspoon of turmeric and 1 teaspoon of flaxseed, grape seed and nettle seed can be consumed every day as home-made medicine to be added to a bowl of yogurt. Osman Müftüoğlu underlines that this mixture relieves inflammation, has an anti-allergic effect and creates a shield against cancer.
How to Prepare Flaxseed with Yogurt?
- Flaxseed yogurt recipe is very easy once you have the ingredients. The crucial point is that the flaxseed is ground.
- You can benefit from the nutritional properties of both yogurt and flaxseed by putting 1 teaspoon of flaxseed in 1 bowl of yogurt.
- It is recommended to consume 1-2 teaspoons of flaxseed daily.
- Too much can cause different intestinal problems, especially diarrhea.
- It would be more appropriate to choose probiotic-rich homemade yogurt instead of industrial yogurt.
- If you wish, you can add fresh fruits to the flaxseed and yogurt mixture.
- Flaxseed, yogurt and banana mix is a popular option both in terms of nutritional value and taste.
- If you like sweet mixes prepared with yogurt, flaxseed yogurt can also be sweetened with honey. We recommend that you pay special attention to the fact that honey is natural.
How to Eat Flaxseed with Yogurt
- Flaxseed is usually consumed by adding it to yogurt or smoothies. If you have a grinder at home, you can grind flax seeds and add them to your pastries and soups.
- However, you should consume flaxseed within 24 hours after grinding. Otherwise, various toxins may form in the ground flaxseed and this may have a toxic effect on the body.
- For those who ask when to eat flaxseed and yogurt, let’s explain it right away. It is known that it is healthier to consume 1-2 hours before meals, that is, on an empty stomach.
- You can prepare a flaxseed yogurt mix and consume this mix twice a day. If you wish, you can prepare chia seeds, flaxseed yogurt or flaxseed, black cumin yogurt mix.
- Flaxseed chia yogurt mix is a recipe added to belly-melting diet lists by dietitians.
- Another method of consuming flaxseed is by sprouting it. Thus, the phytic acid in it is broken down. All you have to do for this is: soak the flax seeds in warm water for 10 minutes.
- If you are going to keep it in cold water, you should increase the time to 2 hours. After mixing the sprouted flax seeds with yogurt, you can consume them with pleasure.
- When you search for recipes for the question of how to prepare flaxseed with yogurt, you will see that it is sweetened with some fruits such as strawberries.
- If you wish, you can also add fruit, for example, you can prepare a tropical meal with a mixture of yogurt, pineapple, flaxseed.
Does Flaxseed Yogurt Lose Weight?
- Flaxseed, which contains high amounts of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, potassium, zinc, magnesium, copper and iron, turns into a superfood for the body when combined with another useful food, yogurt.
- The most important benefit of the flaxseed and yogurt mixture is that it helps to lose weight.
- Flaxseed protects intestinal health with its high fiber content.
- Flaxseed yogurt also helps those with constipation problems to relax their excretory systems.
- Homemade yogurt, which is rich in probiotics, regulates and improves bowel movements. Based on these two important reasons, many dietitians recommend that people on a diet apply flaxseed yogurt cure.
- All you need to do to prepare flaxseed yogurt cure is to mix 1 bowl of yogurt with 1 teaspoon of flaxseed and consume it regularly.
- If you wish, you can also prepare a mixture of oatmeal, flaxseed and yogurt .
- Oatmeal, which contains high fiber content, is also a gut-friendly food and helps to lose weight.
- Flaxseed yogurt can also be combined with olive oil. Olive oil added to yoghurt recipes is both aromatic and contributes to the health of the digestive system.
- Flaxseed yogurt makes the diet more efficient and makes it easier for you to lose weight, but it is essential to do sports and have a balanced diet in order to maintain the ideal weight.
Flaxseed Yogurt Benefits, What Is It Good For?
- It is a natural antioxidant.
- It strengthens the body’s defense system.
- Increases body resistance.
- It gives energy to the body.
- It is anti-inflammatory.
- It is effective against inflammatory and chronic ailments such as ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, various allergies and psoriasis.
- It acts as a protector against infectious diseases such as colds and flu.
- It is effective against diseases such as eczema and psoriasis.
- It helps to lose weight.
- It eliminates intestinal problems such as constipation, gas and bloating .
- It is good for hemorrhoids.
- It regulates and supports the intestinal system.
- Regulates tension.