How To Make Beetroot Burger – delicious and easy!
How To Make Beetroot Burger?
You can use fresh beets that still have to be cooked to make the beetroot burger. Then peeled and grated. You can also use fresh cooked beets in vacuum-packed foil (these are usually with the fresh vegetables) or fresh beets from a jar. These are also tasty and healthy and it is so easy.
Preparation Time: 6 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Nice to know:
- Buns: often the beetroot burger is served with a hard bun. If you eat the beet burger out of hand, this is difficult to eat. It is then easier to buy the soft hamburger buns, which are suitable for snacking.
- Paprika powder: If you are in possession of smoked paprika, take this smoked paprika instead of regular paprika. This does not add a little more flavor to the burger.
- When using a grill pan get a grill taste. However, you can also fry them in a frying pan with a little butter. Do not use oil foil because it will splatter.
- If the beet mixture for the burger is still too moist and loose in texture, add more oatmeal and let the burgers rest for a while.
- You probably won’t use all the avocado. Store the leftover avocado in a glass of water and refrigerate.
- 2 hard or soft balls
- 1 raw beetroot of about 125 grams
- 200 grams chickpeas
- 50 grams of oatmeal
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 2 tsp. paprika powder
- 2 tsp. thyme
- Pepper and salt
- young leaf lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 1 sweet tomato
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Grate the beets on a grater or make them small with a food processor
- Now add 1 chopped onion, together with the crushed garlic, paprika and thyme. Mix this well together.
- Rinse the chickpeas under the tap and pat them dry with kitchen paper and mash the peas in a mixing bowl
- Add the ground chickpeas to the beets with onion and garlic. Add the oats to the bowl and mix everything together well.
- Now knead the mixture with your hands and only 2 large or 4 small beet burgers. Place the beetroot burger on a plate and let it rest for half an hour
- Heat a grill pan on the heat source and fry the beet burgers on both sides for about 5 minutes (10 minutes total baking time)
- Place the burger on your bun and now serve with the lettuce and pieces of avocado and/or tomato