How Many Calories in Cashews? | Nutritional Value of Cashews
Nuts are of great importance when it comes to healthy eating. Nuts, which are natural oil seeds, attract attention with their being satisfying both in snacks and in rest breaks. Cashews are also frequently consumed in this nut group. Cashew, a nut-like fruit, is similar in shape to beans and kidneys.
Cashew fruit, which protects the body from many diseases, should be consumed in moderation as it has high nutritional value. Cashew, which is a natural source of oil, threatens health when consumed in excess. If you want to add cashews to your diet or meals; Now you can take a look at the cashew calorie information we will give you. When you read this page, you will have learned the place of cashew in nutrition and the calorie values of cashews.
How Many Calories in Raw Cashew?
Cashew, which is the fruit of hot and humid climates, is consumed as raw cashew when dried without any processing. Raw cashews are very beneficial for health. For those wondering about the calorie value of raw cashews, we have listed the remarkable numbers. Here are the calories in raw cashews:
- How many calories in 1 unroasted cashew: 11 calories
- How many calories in a handful of cashews in raw form: 138 calories
- How many calories in 1 cup of cashews: 387 calories
- How many calories in 100 g unroasted cashew: 553 calories
How Many Calories in Roasted Cashews?
Cashews are also very popular in their roasted form as well as consumed raw. This nutritious nut, which adapts to alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, has different numbers of calories when roasted. If we take a look at the calories of roasted cashews; we will see the following values:
- How many calories in 1 roasted cashew: 23 calories
- 1 handful of roasted cashews: 230 calories
- 1 tablespoon of cashews: 57 calories
- 100 grams of roasted cashews: 574 calories
Cashew Nutrition Facts
Another type of high nutritional value in the nuts group is cashew. We have made a list for those who are curious about the nutritional value of cashews. Let’s see what vitamins and minerals you will gain when you eat cashews:
- 13.08 grams of Carbs
- 6.12 grams of Protein
- 18.54 grams Fat
- 1.2 grams of Fiber
- 6.4mg Sodium
- 226mg Potassium
- 18mg Calcium
- 2.4 grams of Iron
Does Cashew Make You Gain Weight or Eat It on a Diet?
Cashews, which contain Zinc and Iron, are included in the diet when consumed correctly. We researched the opinions of dietitians on cashew consumption and explained the place of cashew in the diet for you.
- Cashew is an oily nut, so it is not recommended to consume it excessively during the day.
- Due to the oil it contains, it causes diarrhea when consumed in excess. Moderation is always good.
- In the diet, it is recommended to consume cashews for fat change at breakfast and for energy needs at snacks.