What is Curry? Benefits, Use in Food
Curry: The Rich Spice of Traditional Indian Cuisine
Curry, which is famous as the local flavor of India, is the first taste that comes to mind when it is called Indian food. It comes to the table as a mixture of many spices. So if you ask what is curry; Blind is a spice festival. Although it is a common taste used in European cuisines after Asian cuisines, the flavor that has just taken its place in Turkish cuisine fascinates spice lovers with the pleasant aroma it adds to the dishes.
What is Curry? How is it done?
The local taste of Southeast Asian cuisine is curry:
- It is a mixture to which hot red pepper spices are added.
Curry powder, whose main ingredients are turmeric and sumac, has a bright yellow color. The mixture, which takes its color from the turmeric added to it, adds a unique color to the dish it is used in.
The mixture, which has an intense taste and an aromatic yet intense scent, gains its scent thanks to the curry leaf. The curry tree leaf, which comes from the citrus family , is considered an indispensable part of the mixture. The curry plant leaf, which gives curry powder its characteristic lemon-like scent , is suitable for use not only in spice mixes but also in different forms with its aromatic flavor.
Curry is used in powder form as a spice, as well as by creating curry sauce with ingredients such as oil, flour and milk . There are also types of curry paste that can be prepared in yellow, green and red. If you are interested in the use of different curry pastes, we can say that coriander, garlic, onion, ginger and hot pepper are usually added in the pastes. If you like bitter and sharp flavors, you will like curry paste.
What Are the Benefits of Curry?
- Curry, which combines the flavor and benefits of more than one spice, is good for joint pains with its curcumin ingredient. The substance, which helps to reduce joint inflammation, also supports brain development and acts as a preventative against Alzheimer’s disease, which is a frightening dream of elderly people.
- Studies on curry spice, which is a rich component, have shown that curry has healing properties on different types of cancer.
- In addition, it has been stated that it has an effect that stops the progression of cancer in people who consume curry regularly.
- It helps to pass digestive problems with turmeric and ginger in its content. It is especially regulating the digestive system. For those who say that curry is good for the stomach, it should be said that curry is good for indigestion. However, it is recommended that those with stomach discomfort consult a doctor before consuming.
- It strengthens bones and fights against osteoporosis.
- The most remarkable feature of curry is that it reduces the harm of smoking. Curry, which is a miraculous food for smokers, helps to remove harmful toxins from the body with its crocin substance.
- For those who wonder what curry is good for, another point is liver disorders. Spice, which has been used in the treatment of liver diseases since ancient times, has blood-enhancing properties.
- Apart from the spice, curry leaf benefits include its gas removal effect. Curry leaf, which has a relaxing and refreshing effect on the digestive system when used alone, is also used in skin and hair care.
- Curry, which also strengthens eye health, also supports protection from all diseases as it strengthens the immune system in general.
Where Is Curry Used? Which Meal Is Suitable For?
- Bringing the flavor of Asian dishes to the tables, curry spice is added to almost every dish with its wide use in the kitchen.
- The mixture, which accompanies every recipe from meat dishes to salads in Asian cuisines, is made suitable for the palate by adding curry seeds in Turkish cuisine and is mainly used in white meat dishes such as chicken and vegetable dishes.
- Curry prepared especially as a sauce; It is one of the most delicious flavors you will apply in meat dishes.
- Curry, which is becoming more and more popular with the aromatic taste it gives to the dishes; It is also included in dishes such as pasta and soup.
- It comes to the tables especially with recipes such as curry rice and curry potatoes.
- Curry, which is the most ideal spice you can choose to season meat in meat dishes, invites you to the table with its scent.
Is Curry Weakening?
- Those who wonder if curry will make you lose weight can lose weight more easily with the effect of curry that keeps you full for a longer time.
- Since curry is known to accelerate fat burning, it offers great convenience to those who have weight problems during slimming. It is known that people who have difficulty in losing weight due to difficult diets will burn calories faster thanks to the metabolism-accelerating effect of spice.
- Curry is a low-calorie spice.
- It is clear that the spice mixture, which has a unique diet with its weakening effect and gives its name to different diet lists, varies according to the recipe in which it is used. For example, curry chicken, which is very common, has 150 calories per 100 grams in terms of calories.
- It should not be forgotten that curry, which is also consumed as tea with meals, supports health as it is a rich spice component as well as slimming.
Where to Buy Curry?
- It is not difficult to find curry powder, which is sold as a spice, in markets or herbalists.
- Curry spice, which we usually come across packaged in the markets, is also sold in the form of sauce, making the job of those who do not want to deal with making sauces much easier.
- Ready-made curry sauce, which is sold in glass bottles, is perfect for dishes such as chicken or pasta. In herbalists, the spice, which is in the form of open powder, can be purchased in optional sizes.
- If we come to the question of where to sell curry leaves, which enter the houses with its aroma and benefits, this product can be obtained from herbalists in dried form.
How Much Is the Curry Spice Price?
- Curry spice, which adds a unique flavor to your meals, is easily available and appeals to every budget. Since curry spice can be purchased in open and packaged form from markets and herbalists, the answer to the question of how much curry is and the price of curry powder varies.
- As with other spices, curry has a wide range of prices depending on the brand.
- The price of curry, which is mainly sold in small packages of 35 grams or 50 grams, is between 2 TL and 5 TL.
- Curry, which is bought at very affordable prices from the markets, is offered to you at similar prices in herbalists.
- The product, which is sold at herbalists for 5 TL per 100 grams, can also be purchased in large or small packages from delicatessens.
3 Delicious Recipes Prepared with Curry Spices
1) Those Who Try This Recipe Won’t Eat Out Anymore: Chicken with Curry Sauce
The cornerstone of Indian cuisine, curry enters Turkish cuisine and becomes the most important ingredient of different recipes. Chicken with curry sauce is one of the most popular recipes prepared with curry, which carries an indispensable culture to the tables with its mustard yellow color and aromatic scent. This recipe, which adds flavor to the tables with the yellow color of the curry, can be served alone or by adding different dishes such as rice with its smell and taste. You can make curry mushroom chicken by adding mushrooms to the recipe.
2) Is There Anything Better Than Spicy Potatoes: Curry Potatoes
Another recipe prepared with curry spice is the curry sauce noodle recipe, which is famous for being served alongside the chicken in restaurants. Combining traditional mother-made noodles with the taste of Indian cuisine, the recipe turns into one of the most appetizing flavors accompanied by butter. The recipe, which is ideal for those who want to add a new noodle recipe to the tables, is among the dishes that will be admired by the family with its satisfying appearance.
3) Combining Curry with Cream, A Great Flavor Revealed: Curry Pasta
The most popular recipe that brings the intense taste of curry to pasta lovers is the pasta recipe with curry sauce. Noodle, which is a type of pasta, is among the most popular types of noodles with curry. Pasta with curry sauce, a brand new flavor for those who are bored with classic pasta recipes; Prepared with vegetables such as carrots, zucchini, and peppers, it brings together more than one taste. In addition, the recipe prepared by adding cream has a taste that will make Italian pastas jealous. You can also make chicken pasta with curry sauce by blending the recipe for chicken with curry sauce and the recipe for pasta. Thus, you will prepare a very tasty and very nutritious meal.