Glass Cutting Board: How Is It Cleaned?
Glass cutting board is a product that takes its place in the kitchen of almost many houses. Glass cutting boards, which attract attention with their patterns and are produced in all sizes, have become one of the materials that make work easier in the kitchen. Glass cutting boards, which are helpful for many jobs such as chopping and preparing food , are among the items that require regular cleaning.
When the user reviews of the glass cutting board are examined, there are dozens of people who are satisfied with this product. Glass cutting boards, which give their money’s worth in terms of ease of use and cleaning convenience, are also very suitable economically.
The price of this practical product, whose label changes according to its dimensions, is between 20 and 50 TL on average. So is a glass cutting board healthy? How to clean these products? Now we explain the answers to these questions step by step.
Is Glass Cutting Board Healthy?
- Glass cutting boards are healthier products than plastic and bamboo boards.
- It has a structure that does not hold food residues and is easily cleaned.
- Glass cutting boards, which give clean results in all kinds of washing, have a surface that does not allow bacteria.
- These products, which are generally patterned from the inner layer, have a glossy and flat surface to be used.
- Due to knife blows, there may be some wear on the glass surface after long-term use.
- If the abrasions cause the surface to open, it can be said that it is time to change the glass board.
- It is stated that plastic and bamboos hold microbes more easily. That is why experts recommend choosing glass and porcelain when choosing products for the kitchen.
- You can safely answer “yes” to the question of whether the glass cutting board is healthy.
- For cutting, chopping and preparation processes, you can buy a glass cutting board according to the size of the counter and your work, and perform more practical and easier operations.
How to Clean a Glass Cutting Board?
After using glass cutting boards, you must clean and dry them. Let’s talk about practical cleaning methods for long-lasting use.
- Lemon is a material used in every area of the kitchen. Thanks to the acids in it, it also does a good job in cleaning.
- In case of cleaning glass cutting boards, we will suggest using lemon. Because the lemon will help the wood shine and clean by using the acids in its juice.
- Cut half a lemon slice on each surface of the glass cutting board and wipe it with this slice. Make sure that the lemon touches all sides of the board while wiping.
- Without waiting too long, rinse with hot water and drain the lemon residues.
- You can help remove the remaining odors on the wood by using lemon after each process.
- You can cut meat, juicy vegetables and fruits on the glass cutting board. Color may remain on the board in such applications. It is recommended to use baking soda to clean this color.
- Sprinkle 1 packet of baking soda over the entire surface of the glass cutting board.
- Then wipe the board with a dish sponge. You can use hot water to clean the carbonate residues.
- In a few minutes, you can see the glass cutting board shine and clean.
3) White Vinegar
- One of the materials that helps in the cleaning of kitchen products is white vinegar.
- White vinegar makes glassware easier to shine and clean.
- To remove any residue and stains left on the glass cutting board, pour white vinegar over the entire surface and wipe the board with a sponge.
- After a few wipes, wash the board with hot water and let it dry.
- You can clean the glass board every day using white vinegar.
4) Dishwashing Liquid
- Perhaps one of the simplest cleaning methods is to use dish soap. But remember that dishwashing liquid must flow well.
- If you have little time to clean the glass cutting board; You can lather up the dish soap and wipe the board.
- Do not forget to rinse abundantly with hot water at the last stage of cleaning.
5) Oxygenated Water
- Oxygenated water is especially recommended for glass cutting boards for chopping meat.
- You can easily remove the stains and odor left by the meat with oxygenated water.
- If you have a glass cutting board that you use separately for chopping meat; Wash this board frequently with oxygenated water.
- Oxygenated water helps to remove any lingering odor on the glass cutting board.
- After cleaning the glass cutting board with oxygenated water, run it in hot water and wait for it to dry.
- After the drying process is complete, you can use the board again.
- You should do the recommended applications for deep cleaning at the end of each process.