Easy Methods to Get Rid Fishy Smell Instantly
Energizing our tables with its high nutritional value and taste, fish leaves unpleasant odors behind when cooked at home. Sometimes opening the windows or using the hood is not enough to remove odors. It takes a few days for the fishy smell to go away from the house, especially when fried in oil.
In fact, there comes a time when the cabinets are wiped after the meal to get rid of the fishy smell, the curtains are washed and eating fish becomes extremely painful. From time to time, it is deprived of the pleasure of eating fish just because of its smell. However, with some practical applications, the smell of fish can be prevented from permeating the house.
Opening the windows and operating the aspirator while cooking fish is a fact known to everyone. Well, how does the smell of fish get out of the house? At the end of the cooking process, you should immediately wash the pan in which you fried or baked the fish, and you should do this with cold water. Hot water allows the oils to release more odor and accelerates the spread of fish odor.
Another way to remove the fishy smell that permeates the kitchen is to burn incense after cooking. You can get rid of the fishy smell by using an incense that you like.
After cooking, you can boil water, vinegar or lemon juice, bay leaves, cloves and cinnamon sticks in a large saucepan. This mixture takes the smell of fish in the kitchen and provides a nice smell.
Precaution: How to Avoid Odor When Cooking Fish?
How does the smell of fried fish go away after frying fish, which is our favorite food?
- You can light a scented candle in a corner of the kitchen while cooking fish. These candles absorb the smell of the fish, preventing it from spreading.
- While frying the fish, you can melt sugar in a porcelain bowl on the smallest burner. The caramel structure of the sugar absorbs the fishy smell.
- In the same way, you can burn lemon peel on the stove.
- You can boil it by putting water and a stick of vanilla in a saucepan. This mixture also absorbs the smell of the fish.
- Before you start cooking fish, pour 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda into a large bowl and leave it near the stove. The carbonated water mixture absorbs the fishy smell and prevents it from spreading. You can also use this carbonated water to wash the pan after cooking. There will be no trace of fishy smell on your pan.
How to Remove Fish Smell in the Oven?
How does the smell of fish come out of the oven when the fish is cooked in the oven?
- Vinegar is one of the most natural ways to remove the fishy smell in the oven. After cooking fish, clean your oven thoroughly and heat it for 5-6 minutes after cleaning. Mix 2 glasses of water and 1 cup of vinegar in a bowl, and after placing it on the grill part of the oven, turn off the oven and wait for half an hour. When you open your oven at the end of the period, you can see that the fishy smell is gone.
- Another method is to heat your oven for 5 minutes and put a few cinnamon sticks wrapped in aluminum foil in the tray where you cooked the fish. Leave for about half an hour. Cinnamon, which has an odor absorbing feature, cleans the smell of fish.
- Another method is to put the water, lemon juice and lemon peels you have added in a container in the oven and wait at 180 degrees for 10 minutes. Fish odors that permeate the oven disappear after this process.
How to get rid of fishy smell in the kitchen?
If you are cooking your fish in the oven, lay a bay leaf and lemon between the fish. This process both prevents your oven from smelling and prevents fishy smells from spreading to the kitchen.
How does the fishy smell in the kitchen disappear?
- If you add some parsley to the pan while frying fish, you can prevent the fishy smell from spreading to other rooms.
- When you roast tangerine, lemon, orange and grapefruit peels in a pan, you can eliminate the fishy smells in the kitchen.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of black dry tea to a Teflon pan and fry it. Turn off the stove when smoke starts to come out of the pan. Roasted black dry tea absorbs the fishy smell.
- Put a pack of vanilla powder in an empty pan and roast it. After a while, when you turn off the bottom, you will see that the vanilla scent suppresses and destroys the fishy smell.
How to get rid of the fishy smell in the house?
The fishy smell doesn’t just stay in the kitchen, it spreads to the rooms as well. So, how does the smell of fish in the house go?
- You can use the harmala grass, which is thought to prevent the evil eye, to remove fish odor. Take a small amount of the hazelnut seed, which has a strong and sharp smell, and fry it in an empty pan, stirring constantly. After a while, the black pear seeds emit a sharp odor into the air and eliminate the fishy smell that permeates the whole house. It is also said to have a calming and peaceful effect.
- Add rosemary, bay leaves, orange, lemon, tangerine peels and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil over low heat. After a while, the steam and odors coming out of the pot spread to all rooms, eliminating the fishy smell.
How to Remove Fishy Smell from Hands?
- Before you start cleaning the fish, cut a lemon in half and rub your hands together with the peels. You can do the same with vinegar. When you clean the fish in this way, you will see that the fishy smell does not permeate your hands.
- If you have cleaned the fish and you have a fishy smell on your hands, run a metal spoon in your hand. After rubbing your hands firmly with a metal spoon, wash your hands with dish soap. Metal removes the fishy smell from your hands.
- Another method is to wash your hands with toothpaste. The special ingredients in the toothpaste remove the fishy smell from your hands. You should use cold water while doing these operations, hot water causes the fishy smell to spread more.
How to get rid of the fishy smell in the pan?
- You can use bay leaves or parsley while frying fish to prevent fishy smell in the pan.
- To remove the fishy smell from the pan, you should wash the pan with cold water immediately after cooking. When you use hot water and detergent, the fishy smell penetrates the pan well. First, cold water should be used and then the pan should be washed using cold water and detergent. Afterwards, hot water and detergent should be used.
- When you roast dry coffee in the cleaned pan, the fish smell that permeates the kitchen disappears and you get rid of the fishy smell in the pan.
- Another method is to rub the fish pan with coffee grounds before washing it with detergent and water.
How To Get Fishy Odor From Mouth?
The person himself may not feel that his mouth smells of fish, but the smell of fish is a really offensive odor. After eating fish, you can get rid of the fishy smell in your mouth with a few practical information.
Here are a few of them:
- You can eat a pinch of parsley after brushing your teeth to remove the fishy smell from your mouth.
- You can also get rid of the fishy smell by keeping the cloves in your mouth.
- You can also chew a teaspoon of Turkish coffee. Or you can keep a coffee bean in your mouth to spread its aroma.
- Also, if you brush your tongue with baking soda, you can get rid of the fishy smell.
How to Remove Fish Smell in the Closet?
The fishy smell can spread to all foods in the refrigerator. That’s why you need to close the lid of the container in which you put the fish. Fish is usually placed in the refrigerator raw. So, how to get rid of raw fish smell?
- For the fishy smell that permeates the refrigerator, you can prepare carbonated water in a container and place it on the door of the refrigerator. Carbonated water both removes excess moisture in the cabinet and traps bad odors.
- In the same way, you can add 1-2 drops of vinegar to 1 glass of milk and put it in the refrigerator. Both milk and vinegar trap bad odors.
- Again, you can put a tablespoon of Turkish coffee in a plate or you can place one or two of the shell vanilla on the door of your refrigerator. Both methods will remove the fishy smell from your refrigerator.
How to Remove Fishy Smell in Car?
The fishy smell in the car is relatively easy to remove. To avoid the fishy smell, you can prepare a spray yourself:
- Put water, 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda, lemon juice, a few drops of lavender or clove oil in a spray bottle and shake it and spray your car with this spray, it will smell fishy.
- In addition, if you wipe the seats of your car using Arabian soap, you will both get rid of the fishy smell and make your car clean.