Coconut Benefits, How to Eat It How Is It Broken?
Coconut is in a different position with its unique smell and aroma. It is possible to create delicious desserts with coconut, which can be found in different forms. Coconut, which makes those who feel its smell and aroma travel to the tropical islands, is truly blissful.
Coconut extract, which is frequently used in cosmetic products such as shampoos and creams, makes you feel like you are sunbathing on the beaches of a deserted island and tasting cold drinks. When you make a recipe that includes coconut, a delicious coconut scent will envelop your entire kitchen. It is possible to realize more beneficial aspects of coconut by knowing more about its properties.
How to Open a Coconut?
- Those who dream of going to a deserted island may have thought of the moment when they opened the coconut they had gathered from a tree. You also need to know practical methods when opening the coconut you have obtained from anywhere.
- Since the shell of the walnut is a bit hard, it is a good option to apply some tricks before opening it. Once you take out the walnut that you have kept in the refrigerator overnight, it becomes easier to open.
- Another successful method is to wait for 15 minutes in the oven, which you have heated up to 200 degrees. Before putting the walnut in the oven, you can make a few holes in it and get its juice.
- The shell of the walnut taken out of the oven will definitely be a little softer. You can hit it with a knife or a hard object towards the middle. After a while, you can get the cracked walnut.
5 Easiest Ways to Crack Coconuts
Coconut, perhaps one of the most popular tropical fruits in our country in recent years, is a complete health store, although it is not preferred much! Although we know coconut, which is preferred as a healthy food thanks to its fiber content, in powder form, it is also possible to access it as a whole today.
You can consume coconut, which does not suit every taste, either directly or by evaluating the water in it. At the same time, you can extract the milk by crushing the white part of the coconut thoroughly and add it to different recipes in your kitchen.
Although coconut is an interesting food, it can often be a challenge due to its hard structure. Coconut, which has entered our lives in recent years thanks to television, social media or the expanding food industry, is actually not as challenging as it seems. Moreover, thanks to practical tips, it is now very easy to crack coconuts!
If you say that you have never consumed a fresh coconut before and you want to benefit from both the coconut itself and its juice, you can leave all your hesitations aside and find answers to the questions of how to break and eat the coconut or how to open the seemingly hard coconut shell with these practical methods.
Method 1: Drain the Water with a Screwdriver
- Coconut can be seen as a food that cannot be consumed easily due to its hard structure. However, contrary to popular belief, it is much easier to break the outer shell!
- There are three holes at the bottom of the coconut. Thanks to these holes, you can empty the water inside in a very short time.
- One of these three holes is partially softer than the others.
- All you have to do is find the soft one of the holes and pierce it with the help of a screwdriver and drain the water!
Method 2: Make Cracks with a Hammer (Watch Your Hand!)
- If you haven’t cracked a coconut shell before and you don’t know how to crack it, you can start with methods that will make it easier to crack.
- Hit the points you have determined on the coconut with a hammer and light movements.
- In this way, that hardness on the outer surface of the coconut will lighten and it will be ready to break completely.
- In order to prevent a possible injury, we recommend that you do not perform very severe applications at this stage.
Method 3: Loosen the Crust by Heating it in the Oven
- One of the most basic ways to crack a coconut is to loosen its extremely hard shell. Thanks to this method, you can easily soften the crust!
- Put the coconut on a baking tray and leave it in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes. At the end of this period, you will see that the shell gradually begins to crack and loosen.
Method 4: Refrigerate
- Just like the previous step, this method is another very effective method for softening the shell of the coconut.
- If you do not want to deal with the oven and are looking for a different method, you can easily try it.
- Put the coconut you bought in the freezer on a low setting and leave it for 12 hours.
- In this way, the hard shell of the coconut will loosen and break more easily after it comes out of the freezer.
Method 5: Break with a Knife or Hammer
- First of all, wrap the coconut that you have created scratches with a towel with the help of a knife.
- By placing it on a flat surface so as not to be too hard; but by applying force, break it by hitting it with a hammer.
- If you don’t want to use a hammer, you can cut your coconut, whose shell is loosened, in half with the help of a knife.
Where Does Coconut Grow?
- When the coconut is mentioned, vast beaches, sea and tropical climates come to mind. Indeed, the coconut tree is mostly seen in such places.
- A showy tree, the coconut palm grows mostly in Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Brazil, and the Ivory Coast.
- Those who want to collect coconuts and use them for various purposes should climb trees or hit the fruit with a stick.
- Sometimes the coconut fruit falls off on its own when it ripens.
- Coconut season lasts all year; however, it can be grown in an environment where the winter months are dry and the summer months are rainy.
What are Coconut Calories and Nutritional Value?
- Coconut calorie value is around 350 calories in one standard size fruit.
- Grated coconut, which is frequently used in making and decorating desserts, is 300 calories per 50 grams.
- Coconut milk caloric value was measured as 230 kcal.
- The caloric value of coconut water, which has many benefits, is known as 19 kcal per 100 grams.
- When the nutritional value of coconut is looked at, it is seen that it is rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Coconut is ideal in terms of protein, making it a good option for those who want to keep their form.
- Coconut fiber adds health to all recipes due to its high value.
What Are the Benefits of Coconut?
- Coconut is a remarkable food type in terms of benefits for the skin. Thus, it has managed to find a place for itself in many important cosmetic products. Coconut flavor is often used in fragrant shampoos and creams.
- Since coconut strengthens the immune system, it reduces the risk of consuming diseases.
- Those who include coconut in their diet list can see that their belly fat starts to melt after a while if they follow the program.
- As a result of its contribution to thyroid function, coconut contributes to energy storage in the body of those who eat it.
- The health benefits of coconut oil hide a treasure trove. With the help of fat, which increases the body’s metabolic rate, toxins are thrown out.
- Coconut provides great benefits in terms of sexuality. Those who consume the recipes containing the food may feel that they are more fit, energetic, and strong after a while.
How to Eat Coconut
- Coconut is a type of fruit from which abundance is obtained from every point. If you want, you can make a good hole on it and drink the water with the help of a straw.
- Coconut, which attracts attention with its light hairy, brown and hard shells when viewed from the outside, is ready to eat after the opening phase.
- Coconut content is known for its white and fleshy appearance.
- If you want, you can taste the fruit by slicing it or you can scrape the fleshy part with a knife.
- Even coconut kernels have a variety of benefits. You can grate the white and fleshy part and sprinkle it on the desserts.
What Are the Harms of Coconut?
- Coconut may cause some harm, although not as much as its benefits.
- As a result of consuming more than necessary, it is possible to gain weight after a while.
- Due to the same situation, it can negatively affect mental activities.
- Coconut consumption can cause problems in people with sensitive livers.
- Consuming non-fresh walnuts can cause poisoning.
Where to Sell Coconut? What is the price?
- People who do not live in a tropical island should buy walnuts and their products. Generally, products made from walnuts are sold in the markets.
- Coconut powder is the most sold form of fruit in the markets. However, there is a high chance of finding fruit in gourmet markets and online shopping sites. Moreover, sliced versions are also sold in packs.
- Prices are in the economic range of 10-20 TL. Coconut milk, used in cooking or added to coffees, has a similar price.
- Adding flavor to cake flavors, coconut syrup is one of the favorite products of gourmet stores. Coconut water, on the other hand, is an extraordinary product option, although it is good for stomach problems.
- Coconut flour is ideal for use in cookie type desserts.
- Miraculous coconut soap, which is good for muscle pain and gives energy, can be bought for a price of 7 TL.
- Coconut oil, which serves many purposes such as hair masks, coconut skin mask and cooking, is also sold in markets.
- When coconut vinegar is added to salads, it adds an interesting and fresh flavor. There are also smaller-sized nutmeg walnuts among the coconut varieties.
Fragrant Coconut Recipes Accompanied by White Particles
You will definitely enjoy eating the coconut options, which you will enjoy with the delicious smells at every moment of the recipe making stages.
1) A Dreamlike Taste
You can be very happy while eating the cookie, which combines melted chocolate and coconut in a bain-marie, crunchy.
2) Sweet Cookies with Snow-like Appearances
Your tables will become sweeter with coconut cookies that make a difference with their snowball-like appearance.
3) Delightful Cookie Recipe with Surprise Inside
Cookies that will add pleasure to your pleasure with the coconut inside are waiting for you. Just follow the steps in the link.
4) Chocolate Covered Squishy Balls
The soft chocolate on the outside and the balls in the consistency of Turkish delight with coconut inside offer you the type of dessert you are looking for.
5) Kokostar Cake That Makes A Difference With Its Attractive Look
You can experience delicious moments thanks to the kokostar cake, which is appealing with its appearance when viewed from afar, and dazzling with its aroma and smell up close.
6) Unlimited Chocolate Enjoyment with Kokostar
You can meet with unlimited chocolate pleasure with the kokostar, which is similar to the chocolate-covered flavors you see in the markets, except for coconut. Kokostar
7) Cocostar Cake with Practical Making
After obtaining the necessary materials, the Cocostar cake that you can make without the need for baking is extremely practical and easy. No Oven Cocostar Cake
8) Light and Delicious Coconut Pie
Once you make the cake, which draws attention with its light taste and mouth-watering cream, you may want to eat it again. Coconut Cake
9) Coconut Cake with Chocolate Sauce
You can enjoy the recipe, which stands out with its liquid chocolate sauce and cake that adds value to the muffin molds. Coconut Bulk Cake
10) Dessert Like Turkish Delight With Its Magnificent View
Coconut dessert can be one of your indispensable recipes with its structure reminiscent of classic Turkish delight and its appearance equivalent to patisserie products.