The liver, which provides important vital functions, is considered a very important organ for our body. It has many vital tasks such as ensuring the production of digestive bile, enabling the body to perform the detox process, and cleaning the toxins in the blood.
The liver, whose working capacity is interrupted by wrong eating habits, bad lifestyle; It invites many diseases such as obesity, cardiovascular diseases and digestive problems. Fatty liver is an important health problem that is common in our society but should not be neglected.
Dietitian Gözde Karaca says, “It is of great importance to adopt the right eating habits in order to protect the health of the liver,” and lists the foods that should be consumed to protect the liver ;
- Artichoke : Artichoke supports the excretion of toxins by ensuring the regular functioning of the liver, kidney and gall bladder.
- GRAPEFRUIT: Thanks to the abundant vitamin C and antioxidants in its content, it supports the cleansing of the liver and ensures the removal of harmful substances in the liver.
- GARLIC: Thanks to allicin and selenium in its content, it helps to clean the liver.
- BEET AND CARROT: Carrots and beets, which are rich in flavonoids and beta carotene that support the functioning of the liver, should be added to the daily diet.
- APPLE: Since it contains pectin, it helps the liver to be purified from toxins.
- LEMON: It accelerates the excretion of toxins from the liver by stimulating the bile.
- BRUSSELS SPRING: It protects against liver damage due to its sulfur content. It also supports the excretion of excess hormones and toxins.
- AVOCADO: It provides regeneration of the liver due to its omega 6 content. It is an important food that should be consumed against fatty liver.
- GREEN LEAF VEGETABLES: Green leafy vegetables contain glutathione, important antioxidants that ensure the healthy functioning of the liver.