Chia Seed Nutrition Facts: How Many Calories in Chia Seeds?
The historical record of chia was first recorded in BC. It was made by the Aztecs in 3500 BC. In fact, chia seeds are quite famous as one of the main foods in the Aztec diet. Apart from being consumed simply, chia seeds, which can be eaten by combining with other foods, are also used in the medical world. Small chia seeds are black or white, indicating whether they are ripe.
The chia seed, which means “power” according to ancient civilizations such as Maya, has extraordinary powers. Since chia seeds grown in Latin American countries are low in calories, they are often used in diet lists, especially when mixed with solid foods such as flour and beverages as flavoring.
How many calories in chia seeds, what are their nutritional values? We have explained your questions in detail in this article! How about exploring together? Moreover, the most fit recipes with chia are waiting for you!
How Many Calories in Chia Seeds?
Chia, a nutrient used in beverages and meals, enriches the taste of the dishes to which it is added, while making it healthy at the same time. Of course, the fact that it is a diet-friendly food does not mean that you can eat more. If you always keep the balance in what you eat, you can achieve weight control more easily. Now let’s take a look at the calorie information in chia seeds together:
- 1 tablespoon (6 g) of chia: 29 calories
- One heaping tablespoon (12 g) of chia: 58 calories
- One classic scoop of chia (36 g): 174 calories
- 1 cup of chia (120 g): 580 calories
- 500 g chia seeds: 2436 calories
How Many Calories in Chia Seed Pudding?
You can also consume chia seeds as a dessert in pudding. You can add chia seeds to the pudding and get a more delicious pudding that is compatible with your diet. In this case, the calorie information reflected by chia seeds with pudding will be as follows:
- 1 g pudding chia seeds: 1 calories
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (15 g): 10 calories
- 1 serving of chia seed pudding (280 g): 191 calories
How Many Calories in Chia Seed Yogurt?
You can also contribute to your healthy diet by consuming chia seeds in yogurt. You should definitely try the satiety feature of yogurt containing chia seeds. It’s up to you to add extra flavors to chia seed yoghurt! Do you know that you can add any seasonal fruit to chia yogurt? Yogurt with chia seeds may be a good idea when you’re looking for a hearty snack. You can examine the calorie values of chia yogurt, which you will love to consume, from our list:
- 1 serving of chia seed yogurt: 211 calories
- 1 cup of chia seed yogurt: 160 calories
- 1 tablespoon of chia seed yogurt: 33 calories
How Many Calories in Chia Omelette?
Omelet is a popular egg dish made for breakfast in Turkish and international cuisine. It is extremely beneficial, especially in terms of nutritional value. Since it is made from eggs, it can give the stomach a feeling of fullness for a long time. Moreover, if an omelet is made with chia, hunger will not be felt for a long time. Moreover, it is rich in protein and omega 3 fatty acids. If you haven’t tried the chia omelet, which doubles the taste of the omelet prepared with egg and chia harmony, don’t be late. Let’s examine the amount of calories in the chia omelette:
- 1 serving of chia omelet (125 g): 201 calories
- 1 egg chia omelet (110 g): 150 calories
Chia Seed Nutrition Facts
The nutritional value of chia, which you add to your nutrition program on the right way to lose weight, is high. In general, it has vitamins and minerals that the body needs to experience a feeling of satiety. By using chia in your food, you will have higher nutritional value meals and healthy meals.
Roughly in 100 grams of chia seeds; It contains 8.83 mg of niacin, 7.72 mg of iron and 860 mg of phosphorus. The vitamins and minerals found in a tablespoon of chia seeds are as follows:
- 4.2 grams of carbohydrates
- 1.65 grams of protein
- 3.07 grams of fat
- 3.44 grams of fiber
- 1.6mg sodium
- 63mg calcium
Are Chia Seeds Weakening?
- Gluten-free chia seeds are very high in omega-3 and calcium. In this way, chia balances the caloric value and gives the body a feeling of well-being.
- When mixed with liquids such as water, milk and ayran, a gel-like consistency is obtained. Solidification continues in the stomach and the person’s feeling of fullness is prolonged.
- Especially thanks to the antioxidants and vitamins it contains, it has an important effect on the weight loss process. Chia seeds have the ability to grow ten times their own size when combined with liquid. This allows you to both stay fuller for longer and get the necessary nutrients.
- Chia is a useful food, especially in melting belly fat.
- You can create healthy meals with chia seed drinks and meals that you can see the effects of when consumed regularly.
- With the fibers it contains, it is a complete dietary food that eliminates the problem of constipation, meets the need for calcium, gives a feeling of satiety and supports comfortable sleep.