You may already know this, but it is worth noting that thermal cups, in addition to being versatile, are one of the infallible allies in offices, gyms, errand days or long car trips, do you know why? Because they maintain the temperature of your favorite drinks for long hours , whether they are cold or hot. However, little is said about its cleanliness .
You may find that cleaning bottles and containers of this type is difficult after leaving liquid inside for a long time, since they stain – especially when it comes to coffee – and the smell of the liquid penetrates the material. Here we will explain how to clean stainless steel thermal glasses and bottles , maintain their condition and leave them impeccable for their next use.
How to clean a thermos with vinegar and baking soda
With the passing of time, scale and stains tend to accumulate inside the thermos , ruining the aesthetics and even affecting the aroma. This is because the water contains salts and minerals that adhere to the walls and become solid. Even unintentionally we can ingest this tartar without realizing it. Baking soda and vinegar are excellent cleaners to remove it from the bottom of the thermal cup and disinfect it.
- Take the lid off the thermos to avoid any damage.
- Pour half a cup of white vinegar and a tablespoon of baking soda inside and mix.
- Let the bicarbonate do its effect for a few minutes, and when it has lowered its intensity, add hot water.
- Let stand between 8 to 15 minutes.
- Clean the interior with a bottle brush.
- Rinse until the vinegar smell is gone.
Note : Help yourself with a brush to clean bottles and tall and narrow containers, to reach the places that are difficult to access and scrub the most difficult and stubborn stains.
How to clean thermal cups with rice
Another alternative home remedy to clean thermal glasses is rice , yes, rice! See how to take advantage of it in just 5 steps:
- Half fill the thermos with hot water and add a few tablespoons of rice.
- Cover well and shake it until you loosen all the accumulated dirt.
- Then, let it sit for a few minutes for the cleansing effect to take hold.
- Empty the content and rinse well with soap and water.
- Leave it uncovered for a while to prevent bad odors.
How to clean a stainless steel thermos inside with ice and salt
Believe it or not, a very effective pair in case of removing stains inside a thermal bottle is ice and salt. Next, we show you how to use it and leave it in optimal conditions:
- Empty the container of any liquid and fill it with crushed ice.
- Before the ice melts, add 2-3 tablespoons of salt to it.
- Once the ice and salt are integrated, close it and shake it for a minute. This will cause ice and salt granules to move around inside the thermos, scraping away stains and dirt build-up on the insulated metal.
- Finally, remove the lid, empty it and rinse with warm water and dishwasher as usual. Do not close it until it has dried completely.
How to remove the bad smell from a thermal bottle with lemon
This process is very simple, just boil a cup of water with 3 lemons , once hot, pour it into the thermos (including the lemons), shake and let this liquid rest for 15 minutes inside. At the end, rinse and check how the stench inside has disappeared.
And remember : it is not enough to just clean them. It is essential to take care of them to extend their useful life. Do not forget that you should not use it to heat in the microwave or in the freezer , as exposing it to intense heat or cold could spoil its functionality and damage the powder-based finish of the thermos.