How to Store Garlic? 5 Long-lasting Storage Techniques
Garlic Storage Methods! Garlic is a food of every cuisine that contains natural antibiotics. Known for the aroma it gives to delicious dishes, garlic is also used in various salads and sauces. Garlic has a distinctive pungent odor. For this reason, sometimes you may have an odor when peeling garlic. We will give you the answer to the question of how to store peeled garlic so that you do not waste time peeling garlic every time. We also satisfy the curiosity of how to store unpeeled garlic.
Garlic, which has the effect of eliminating infection, eliminating muscle pain, breaking microbes, strengthening memory, should be used abundantly in kitchens. Would you like to preserve the garlic, which keeps the immune system strong, for a long time?
We have prepared practical information for safely and carefully storing garlic, which you can find right at hand whenever you want to use it. Add one more to the list of time-saving information in the kitchen. Now we explain the garlic storage methods!
How to Store Garlic? 5 Tips to Preserve the Freshness of the Taste
1) By Knitting
- Garlic has a structure that is immediately affected by heat change.
- It has a feature that starts to sprout in sun and hot environments.
- You can braid the garlic to prevent sprouting.
- In order to knit the garlic, you need to buy or collect it together with the stems.
- Combine all the garlics with each other using the stem part of the garlic you bought in dry form.
- You can try this method by knitting.
- You should take care to store the garlic you have knitted in a dark and cool place.
- Thus, you can store dry and unpeeled garlic for a long time.
2) Preserving in a Jar
- The jar method is the easiest method of how to store peeled garlic.
- Peel the garlic cloves and put them in a jar according to your size.
- Fill half the jar with olive oil.
- You can add flavor to your meals with the smell of garlic mixed with olive oil.
- In addition, when you want to use the garlic immediately, you can take it from the jar and consume it.
- Do not forget to add a new one as the olive oil in the jar decreases.
- You should make sure that the jar is dry so that the garlic does not deteriorate.
- Garlics have a higher risk of spoilage in jars with water in them.
- The lid of the jar should also be well closed.
3) By grating
- We are here with a suggestion that will relieve those who think about how to store fresh garlic!
- Another way you should try to store and use garlic for a long time is the grating method.
- The history of the use of garlic with the grating method spreads over a wide period of time.
- Grate as much garlic as you want and mix it with some salt.
- Add olive oil to prevent it from spoiling.
- You can preserve the garlic, which is blended with salt and oil, in a storage container or in a glass container.
- By trying this method, it will be very easy and effortless to use garlic in meals and salads.
- You will save time in the kitchen with grated garlic.
4) Throwing in the Freezer
- The freezer provides great convenience to people while cooking.
- One of the benefits is to preserve the garlic.
- If you’re wondering how to store garlic in the freezer, let’s get started!
- Peel the garlic cloves and add them to the freezer bag.
- You can extend the life of garlic by using freezer-compatible storage containers instead of bags.
- The garlic, which has only been peeled and packaged, will be at hand in the freezer whenever you wish.
5) With the Pickle Method
- One way to use garlic for a long time is pickling.
- You can prepare the pickled garlic and serve it with your meals.
- When you want to make pickles from garlic, it will be enough to use vinegar and salt.
- Those who want the garlic pickle to be hot can add hot pepper to the pickle.
- In a very short time, the garlic, which is fermented with the effect of vinegar and salt, will accompany your meals in the form of a delicious pickle.
- Antibiotic effective garlic can take its place in your kitchen as a very beneficial food for your health.