Benefits and Uses of Pomegranate Seed You Haven’t Heard Before
Pomegranate, one of the most loved fruits of the winter season, has a red and thick skin. It is an interesting fruit with hundreds of seeds in its content. Pomegranate fruit, which has a generally tart taste, is resistant to drought.
The fruit that can be grown more comfortably in the Mediterranean climate is a temperate climate fruit. Spreading over a wide area, especially from Afghanistan to the Himalayas, the fruit is grown in our country, especially in Denizli. Side district of Antalya and Granada region in the south of Spain got their names from the pomegranate fruit. Apart from Denizli, the fruit grown in Antalya, Mersin, Muğla and Adana provinces attracts attention with its high nutritional value.
Pomegranate, which belongs to the henna family, is very rich in vitamin C, vitamin B1, vitamin K, folic acid and vitamin B2. In addition to these, it contains iron, magnesium, manganese, selenium, potassium, zinc minerals and is rich in phenol compounds called polyphenol.
The seeds of the fruit consumed with its seeds are also very beneficial for health. Pomegranate seed cream can be made with pomegranate seeds, which are very beneficial for the skin.
How is Pomegranate Seed Obtained?
The mystery of the pomegranate fruit, which is considered the fruit of paradise in some regions, is hidden in its seeds. Pomegranate seeds contain components with high antioxidant properties such as tannin, anthionine and polyphenol. In order to obtain pomegranate seeds, the pulp of the pomegranate remaining after the juice is removed is used. A very large part of this pulp consists of pomegranate seeds. The pomegranate pulp is dried by throwing it in the oven and the dried pomegranate seeds can be used in meals. After removing the pomegranate juice, a pomegranate seed mask can be made with the remaining seed pulp.
Add as much pomegranate seed as possible to 2 teaspoons of honey and mix it with the help of a wooden spoon. The prepared mixture is applied to the clean face in a thin layer. After waiting for about 30 minutes, rinse with warm water. The pomegranate seed mask, prepared before going to bed at night, helps to equalize the skin color, lighten the color and prevent wrinkles.
In addition, pomegranate seed tea can be prepared with dried pomegranate seeds. A glass of boiled hot water is added to a teaspoon of dried pomegranate seeds and infused for 15 minutes. The brewed tea can be consumed in the morning and evening on an empty stomach before meals. In this way, excess water and toxins in the body are removed.
What are the Benefits of Pomegranate Seed?
- Thanks to the high antioxidant components in its content, the pomegranate seed helps to remove toxic substances in the body, strengthens the immune system and protects the body against infections. At the same time, it prevents the formation of cancer cells that develop as a result of immune system disorders and the proliferation of existing cancer cells.
- The pomegranate seed, which stands out with its antiviral effect, protects the body against virus attacks. The consumption of pomegranate seeds can be increased to prevent the disease, especially in flu epidemics caused by the virus. In addition, it helps to heal the diseases that occur more quickly.
- Thanks to the vitamins and minerals in its content, it helps to regenerate damaged cells. The pomegranate seed, which is especially effective in the regeneration of skin cells, protects the skin against the effects of aging and helps prevent the formation of wrinkles. Regular use of pomegranate seed soap makes the skin look more lively and bright.
- The linoleic acid found in the pomegranate seeds helps regulate the cholesterol level in the blood. Pomegranate seeds, which also support the regulation of blood pressure, can be used against high blood pressure. Thanks to these features, pomegranate seed oil, which minimizes the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, allows the blood to flow more easily through the veins.
- Pomegranate seeds, which help the body to be purified from toxic substances with its antioxidant components, are also effective in eliminating the problem of stress and insomnia.
- Pomegranate seed, which is a natural source of estrogen, plays a role in reducing the symptoms that occur during menopause. The pomegranate seed pill, which is consumed regularly during the menopause period, allows this process, which is mentally and physically exhausting, to be overcome more easily.
Can You Eat Pomegranate Seeds? How is it consumed?
It is consumed with pomegranate seeds. After the shells are peeled, they are divided into grains and spooned. Pomegranate, which cannot be eaten by separating it from its seeds, is a complete source of antioxidants when consumed fresh. How to use pomegranate seeds that stand out from other fruits with their unique taste?
Dried seeds can be consumed by adding them to salads, desserts, yogurt and even meals. Pomegranate seeds, which are more beneficial for health when consumed with honey or molasses on an empty stomach in the morning, protect the body against cancer cells due to its oleic and linoleic acid content.
Pomegranate seeds, which are also used in desserts such as gullac and ashura, were used to color dishes in Iran in ancient times, when tomatoes were not available. It is possible to come across sauces made with pomegranate in many dishes in world cuisine. Pomegranate seeds, which are widely used in the pastry industry for dessert, cake and cookie decorations, can also be used in soups and jams.
So, do pomegranate seeds cause constipation? Pomegranate seeds contain crude fiber and pectin. Both substances have the feature of increasing intestinal volume and bowel movements. It is not possible to cause constipation due to its high fiber feature. It is even used to treat constipation.
Attention should be paid to excessive consumption of pomegranate seeds, which stand out with their health benefits. As with any food, excessive consumption of pomegranate seeds can lead to health problems. It is recommended that those with chronic diseases, pregnant and lactating women consult a doctor before consuming pomegranate seeds.
How To Make Pomegranate Seed Powder? Where is it used?
Pomegranate seed, which has an anti-aging effect due to its high antioxidant content, plays a role in delaying the aging of tissues and cells. Therefore, it is widely used in the field of cosmetics and medicine. The pomegranate seeds obtained by baking the pulp obtained as a result of extracting the pomegranate juice are passed through the grinder and turned into powder. Pomegranate seed flour, which can be easily prepared at home in a natural way, can be used as a spice in meals, salads, soups, beverages, pastries and any food desired.
In addition to being consumed as food, a skin and hair mask can be made with dried pomegranate seeds. Powder pomegranate seeds are formed as a result of turning the pomegranate seeds into certain particles with a special technology. Pomegranate seed powder, which has an important commercial value, is rich in both fiber and pectin. Especially a teaspoon of pomegranate seed powder added to yoghurt, when consumed before meals, suppresses appetite, prevents overeating and accelerates metabolism. Due to these properties, pomegranate seeds have an important place in weight loss programs.