Almond Flour: How to Make, Calories and Uses
Almond is a food that is frequently consumed in vegan diets. Almond, which is a food rich in vitamin E, is used in some cases by turning it into flour. Recipes prepared with almond flour are as healthy as they are delicious. Almond flavors healthy meals both in milk and flour form.
In order to maintain general body health, it is recommended to consume 1 raw almond a day. Almond, which improves the milk quality of nursing mothers, is featured on this page in flour form and makes the taste of many recipes unforgettable.
You can also use almond flour to include heart-friendly foods in your kitchen. Thanks to this flour, the recipes you will try will be low in calories and high in taste. Those who avoid the consumption of white flour, who care about their health, and those who want to eat less calories should make a special place for almond flour in their kitchen. Because almond flour improves the quality of life of many people with its benefits!
What is Almond Flour?
- Almond flour, which draws attention with its low calories among flour types, has a texture just like white flour.
- Almond flour, obtained by grinding almonds, has an important place in vegan nutrition.
- Almond flour, which is an alternative flour type for those who are fed with diet recipes, creates healthy and fit flavors when added to recipes using flour.
- The nutritional value of almond flour is quite high. For this reason, you can prepare more satisfying foods by choosing almond flour when you are going to use flour.
- It is necessary to answer the question of whether almond flour contains gluten in the minds of people who are sensitive to gluten, on this page.
- Since almond flour does not contain gluten, it can be safely consumed by those who are sensitive to gluten.
How is Almond Flour Made?
Making almond flour consists of very easy steps. When you want to prepare almond flour at home, you can follow the steps in the list.
- 500 grams raw almonds
- Hot water
- To prepare almond flour, first boil the raw almonds in hot water for 30 minutes.
- The shells of the boiled almonds will be separated. When the temperature passes, clean the shells with your hands.
- Dry the almonds separated from their shells with a napkin or let them dry in the sunlight.
- Then, crush all the raw almonds well in the food processor and grind them into powder.
- Dry the powdered almonds on a tray or on parchment paper.
- You can use the dried almond flour whenever you want by keeping it in a glass jar in a cool place.
- It is recommended to take the almond flour with a dry spoon when taking it from the jar.
- It will be ready for use longer when it is kept away from moisture.
Almond Flour Calories and Nutritional Values
Almond flour is high in nutritional value and low in calories. Now let’s examine the calorie information of almond flour and the nutritional value of almond flour. Almond flour carbohydrate value (16.7 gr) and more are included under this heading.
Vitamins and minerals in 100 grams of almond flour are as follows:
- 16.7 grams of Carbs
- 23.3 grams of Protein
- 50 grams of Oil
- 10 grams of Fiber
- 266.7mg Calcium
- 1.6 grams of Iron
Let’s list the calorie values you will get when you use almond flour in moderation:
- 1 gram almond flour: 6 calories
- 1 cup of almond flour: 900 calories
- 1 tablespoon of almond flour: 78 calories
- 50 grams of almond flour: 300 calories
- 100 grams of almond flour: 600 calories
What are the Benefits of Almond Flour?
1) Supports Muscle and Bone Development
- Almond flour contains calcium minerals. Calcium supports muscle and bone development for people of all ages.
- Almond flour, which has an important place in the nutrition of athletes, helps to increase muscle mass.
- You can add almond flour to your meals to prevent muscle loss while losing weight.
2) Strengthens the Immune System
- Protein and iron in almond flour are one of the minerals that strengthen the immune system.
- Almond flour, which prevents infectious diseases and prevents diseases such as colds, meets the vitamins needed by the body.
- It is recommended to add almond flour to your foods where you will use white flour to strengthen the immune system.
3) Gives Energy to the Body
- Almond flour has a high protein value and thanks to this value, it is one of the energy sources.
- You can prepare your recipes in a delicious way by using almond flour for a hearty and nutritious meal.
- Almond flour, which protects body temperature, takes its place among the foods that keep your body vigorous. Almond flour, especially consumed before sports, stores the energy to be spent during sports and helps you feel more vigorous.
4) It Is A Nutritious Type Of Flour
- You may feel hungry again after consuming your recipes prepared with white flour.
- Since the glycemic index of foods prepared with almond flour is low, sudden hunger does not occur.
- Almond flour, which you prefer for morning, lunch and evening meals, will make you forget the feeling of hunger.
5) Gluten Free
- Almond flour does not contain gluten. Thanks to this feature, people who are allergic to gluten will have a more varied diet.
- Bakery foods prepared with almond flour flavor the meals of people with gluten sensitivity. It is very easy to digest.
- Almond flour, which is frequently consumed by those who take care of a gluten-free diet, is among the beneficial foods because of its high vitamin value.
6) Protects Heart Health
- Almond flour has a cholesterol balancing task and is known as a nutrient that is the enemy of heart diseases.
- In order to protect cardiovascular health, you can prepare various and delicious foods with almond flour.
- Thanks to almond flour, which contains a high percentage of monounsaturated fats, you can eat healthy fats.
7) Cleanses the Intestines
- 10 grams of fiber in 100 grams of almond flour helps to clean the intestines.
- Almond flour, which prevents the formation of parasites in the intestines, also accelerates the metabolism.
- If you are not successful in losing weight, you can lose weight faster by preparing your foods with almond flour.
What to Use Instead of Almond Flour?
What should you do if you are on a recipe that requires almond flour to be added and you do not have almond flour on hand?
- You can replace the flour preference of cookies prepared with almond flour with oat flour.
- You can use hazelnut or peanut powder if you want to fully capture the flavor for your recipes that should contain almond flour .
- When using peanut powder instead of almond flour, you can grind the peanuts in the robot. You can use ground peanut or hazelnut powder for your recipe.
What to Do with Almond Flour?
Are you wondering in which foods to use almond flour, which has won the hearts of many people with its benefits? Look, what are the delicious foods you can prepare using almond flour?
- Almond flour is mostly used in macaroon recipes. You can also use almond flour when preparing macarons.
- Almond flour, the main ingredient of macaroon, is one of the flavor secrets of this cookie.
- Almond flour is added to give the flour cookies a crispiness.
- You can use almond flour while preparing your milk desserts.
- If you use almond flour for the cake batter, each slice of your cake will be almond flavored.
- You can choose almond flour for salty recipes.
- You can add almond flour to your drinks such as milkshakes and smoothies. Almond flour, which is included in milk drinks, will make you feel less hungry by making you feel full.