Festive Easter cheesecake
Festive Easter cheesecake
There are few things you can make me more happy with than a cheesecake. And of course, there should also be an Easter edition because what is Easter without Easter cheesecake after all.
This one is easy to make and you can go all out with the decoration. So get different kinds of Easter eggs, sprinkles, whatever you can find for fun edible Easter decorations.
Festive Easter cheesecake recipe
Number of people: 10 Preparation time: 20 MINUTES waiting time: 4 HOURS total time: 4 HOURS 20 MINUTES
• Springform pan 22 cm
• 300 gr oreo cookies with chocolate
• 75 gr salted butter melted
• 300 gr mango pureed
• 100 gr white chocolate
• 600 gr cream cheese
• 200 ml whipped cream
• 200 gr sugar
• 2 lemons, zest and juice
• 6 leaves of gelatin soaked
For the chocolate topping
• 100 gr chocolate in pieces
• 50 ml whipped cream
• 1 tsp sunflower oil
1. Start melting the butter. Put the oreo cookies in the food processor and turn it into a fine crumb.
2. Pour over the melted butter and stir well. Cover a springform pan with baking paper and pour the cookie crumbs into it. Press this well with the back of a spoon and put in the fridge to cool and stiffen.
3. Puree the mango and melt the white chocolate. Put the cream cheese with the mango and white chocolate in a bowl and stir well to make it smooth.
4. In another bowl, beat the whipped cream with the sugar until stiff peaks and fold this through the cream cheese mixture until well blended.
5. Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water for at least 5 minutes. Put the lemon juice in a small saucepan and heat it. Don’t bring it to a boil! Just close to a boil is fine. Squeeze the gelatin leaves and put this in the warm lemon juice. The gelatin will now dissolve. Then add this to the filling and stir well. Also add the lemon zest and pour into the spring form. Smooth the top and put it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or rather overnight. Once the cheesecake has set properly, remove it from the springform pan and place it on a nice cake dish.
Making the ganache
1. For the chocolate topping, put the chocolate in pieces in an iron bowl. Add the whipped cream and the oil to this and let it melt in a bain marie until it is liquid and smooth.
2. Now let it cool slightly and then divide it nicely over your cheesecake. Then top the cheesecake with the tastiest Easter eggs, Oreo cookies and other decorations!
The stated nutritional value is based on standard tables and therefore an estimated total. No rights can be derived from the information in the nutritional table.