8 Benefits of Eating Dates in Ramadan
Ramadan has come, welcome, it has come again with all its blessings! Aside from the joy and excitement that the month of Ramadan brings to the body, the benefits of fasting to both the soul and the body. It would not be wrong to say that this whole 30 days, full of benefits, is a golden period for us.
Benefits of Dates in Ramadan
- Cleanses the Body, Beneficial for the Heart
- Strengthens Mental Functions
- May Fight Cancer
- Balances the Body’s Sugar Level
- May be Good for Eye Health
- Natural Source of Iron
- May be Good for Mental Health
- May be Good for Asthma and Dry Cough
The subject of this article is about the dates that Ramadan brings with it. One of the symbols of Ramadan that comes to mind when Ramadan is mentioned, dates are a very rich food with both taste and benefits. The benefits of dates, which are becoming increasingly popular today , continue to increase day by day. In fact, it has become such that we can come across those who claim that the date is a natural medicine that will be a panacea. Dates, which are mentioned many times in the holy book , are a food with a very high nutritional value . Now, we would like to share with you the features that will increase the importance of dates many times over.
After reading this article, let us warn you that it can turn into a food that you will want to eat as you eat, and even make decisions about adding it to your daily routine. Dates, which are among the indispensables for the iftar table, are actually an option that will be useful for the sahur menu. One of Saraçoğlu’s answers to questions such as what to eat during sahur and what should be included in the iftar table is dates, which are good for constipation and regulate digestion.
The benefits of dry or wet dates have 7 different features that you have not heard before! Iron source antioxidant palm benefits are a natural recipe that can be consumed for various diseases. Before moving on to our list full of the benefits of dates, we wish you to celebrate the arrival of Ramadan with the most sincere feelings and wrap it in the strongest arms!
8 Benefits of Eating Dates in Ramadan
1) Cleanses the Body, Beneficial for the Heart
- For those who say what are the benefits of dates, it should be noted that this food is a heart-friendly food.
- In order to lead a healthy life, it is recommended to give importance to the consumption of dates and to consume them more frequently during Ramadan.
- Dates, which are a food that purifies the body from head to toe, are one of the indispensable foods of Ramadan.
- Dates are a very powerful antioxidant.
- It cleanses and purifies the body.
- For this reason, it is very good for heart and vascular occlusions.
- By preventing blockages, it also protects heart health.
- It also prevents the development of some diseases that come with aging.
- Since it cleanses the body, this is reflected on the skin as well.
- It indirectly affects the skin to look much more lively and problem-free.
- Thanks to the benefits of dates for the skin, which contain vitamin C, the skin is moisturized and the formation of wrinkles is slowed down.
- What makes the high antioxidant content of the date even more special is this: Although other fruits containing antioxidants lose this feature when they rot, the antioxidants in the date do not disappear over time, on the contrary, they become stronger. Of course, for this, dates need to be stored cold.
2) Strengthens Mental Functions
- Another answer to the question of what are the benefits of dates is that it is friendly to the mind.
- Dates should be consumed especially in Ramadan in order to protect the mental health of children and adults and to be more intelligent.
- Dates, which give a clear mind to those who fast, can be consumed in sahur and iftar.
- It is a proven fact that dates have brain-boosting effects.
- Therefore, it can be said that it improves memory .
- It is an important food for the prevention of diseases such as Alzheimer’s, which is a kind of memory problem, especially seen in later ages.
- Likewise, it seems to have positive effects on various damages that develop in brain cells.
- Thanks to the benefits of dates for the brain, it is easier to remove the damage to the brain.
3) May Fight Cancer
- Fighting the types of cancer, known as the disease of our age, with dates is now a fact known by most people.
- Date, which is an important food in terms of fiber content, develops an effective defense mechanism against cancer thanks to this feature.
- People who regularly consume dates have a much lower risk of developing cancer than people who do not consume dates.
- It is said that the types of cancer in which dates are particularly effective are uterine, colon and breast cancer.
- Another positive effect of the high fiber content of dates is that it regulates the digestive system.
4) Balances the Body’s Sugar Level
- Most people now know that glucose, a type of sugar, is quite harmful to our health.
- You may have come across that especially those who are on a diet and who take care of a healthy diet refuse to use glucose.
- Date, which is a sugary food, does not contain glucose.
- On the contrary , palm, known as a useful type of sugar, has the feature of balancing the sugar level of the body.
- In this way, it manages to energize the body.
- It also satisfies the need for sugar.
- Dates, which are often on diet lists, are also used as a sugar substitute to turn some sweets into healthy ones.
- If the question of the benefits of the date in question is how many should be eaten per day; You can adjust the amount of dates according to your age and weight.
- However, if your sugar value is very high, it is useful to be in moderation.
- Thanks to the sugar balancing feature of dates, which is among the scientific benefits of dates , it is also easier to recover the sugar that has fallen during fasting with water during the month of Ramadan.
5) May Be Good for Eye Health
- Vitamin A, which should be taken frequently from foods for eye health, is high in dates.
- Date, which has a rich content of vitamin A, undertakes the task of protecting the nerves in the eye.
- Consuming dates regularly offers an effect that reduces eye problems or destroys them before they start.
- The benefits of dates for the eyes can also be obtained from the kernel. It is said that carefully applying the palm kernel to the eyelashes after burning can make the eyelashes thicker.
- Thanks to the benefits of eating dates , you can prevent eye diseases that may occur in old age.
- Thanks to the frequently consumed dates during Ramadan, eye pressure is prevented. Eye health is protected.
6) Natural Source of Iron
- Anemia, known as anemia, is caused by a lack of iron in the body.
- The task of iron in our body is to balance the hemoglobin level in blood cells.
- The place of iron is very important for children at the developmental level and also for pregnant women.
- The question of whether there is iron in dates comes to the fore especially during Ramadan.
- Dates are used as a natural source of iron in cases of child development or ailments such as anemia .
- Thanks to its high iron content, dates, which are said to meet the daily iron need, almost act as a natural medicine.
- Thanks to the benefits of dates in Ramadan, your iron values are taken under control. Keeping the blood values at the ideal level, the date balances the blood of those who fast.
7) May be Good for Mental Health
- Today’s most serious and important ailments are often related to mental health.
- “Stress” as a result of the rapidly accelerating life, work environments and education systems is a situation that we all have to deal with.
- This brings along many mental disorders.
- Dates, on the other hand, have been proven to be good for the nervous system , thanks to some of the vitamins they contain .
- Date, which is rich in both magnesium and vitamin B6, has the effect of strengthening the nervous system with this feature.
8) May Relieve Asthma and Dry Cough
- What are the benefits of dates is a subject mentioned by İbrahim Saraçoğlu .
- Saraçoğlu says that dried dates, which are crushed and mixed with milk, are good for asthma and dry cough.
- prof. Dr. İbrahim Saraçoğlu also advises on the benefits of dates for the eyes and especially on cataract disease; To implement Saraçoğlu’s suggestion, you can try to grind the date seeds and wrap them in a cheesecloth and keep them on the eye.