Yarrow Tea Benefits and Menstrual Removal Effect
Yarrow, which has a privileged place among medicinal plants, is a healing plant from the daisy (Asteraceae) family and its Latin name is Achillea Millefolium. It is widely used among people. The plant grows in temperate regions of the northern hemisphere. There are more than 80 species of yarrow. It begins to bloom in June. Until November, it blooms in shades of white, pink, and red.
The yarrow plant can grow up to one meter tall. It is a medicinal plant that has positive effects on women’s ailments and contains substances such as azulene, sinoel, limonene, borneol, and pinenes. It also contains a bluish-colored essential oil. You can see yarrow, which likes a sunny and warm climate, in meadows, on mountain slopes, on roadsides. It is a plant that can multiply rapidly in suitable areas it loves. The most productive collection time is at noon. Yarrow collected at these times offers you all its healing.
You can find all the information you want to learn about yarrow tea, which is a cure for many ailments, and its uses in this article.
How to Prepare Yarrow Tea?
Yarrow tea, which has many benefits for women’s health, can be prepared from the fresh and dried leaves, bark and seeds of the plant. If you want to make fresh yarrow tea, you need to use 2 teaspoons of the herb per glass of water. If you want to make it from the shell and seeds, you can use 2 teaspoons of seeds and 1 teaspoon of shell for a glass of water. First you can boil the water and turn off the heat, then you can put the plant in it. You can let it brew for five minutes and drink it after straining.
While preparing yarrow tea, you should not boil it. It is recommended to use the brewing method. As with other herbal teas, it is important to consume this tea fresh. You have to prepare a new one each time you want to drink. Yarrow tea has a very bitter taste. It is recommended to drink without sugar. But if you cannot consume it this way, you can sweeten it with a quality honey and drink it.
What Are the Benefits of Yarrow Tea?
Since it is a very medicinal plant, the benefits of yarrow tea are endless. It has many benefits for women. The general benefits of the plant can be listed as follows:
- It stops the white discharge, which is frequently encountered in women. It is useful in genital area and ovarian infections, uterine cancer.
- Drinking yarrow tea against stomach ailments gives good results. It is recommended to be used in stomach bleeding, ulcer and stomach cancer.
- It has appetizing and gas-digesting properties. It works the intestines and is effective against constipation. It relieves indigestion.
- Yarrow tea is effective against colds and coughs. It has antipyretic and expectorant properties.
- There are opinions that it is beneficial for migraine headaches, cardiovascular diseases, dizziness and high blood pressure.
- It is used in skin care. It is effective in eliminating the disorders that occur after acne treatment. If yarrow is prepared as a tea and used regularly for skin cleansing, it can remove these traces. It is recommended to apply to the face with the help of cotton.
- It is recommended for use in anxiety and insomnia disorders, as it has a sedative effect.
There are not many scientific studies on the effects of yarrow on health. However, its use in traditional medicine has been widespread in Europe and our country since ancient times. Yarrow is an herb used in ancient times, mostly for toothaches, muscle spasms and the treatment of bleeding wounds. Like other herbal teas, this tea should be consulted with a doctor before using it. This warning becomes even more important for those who use regular medication.
Menstrual Removal Effect of Yarrow Tea
Yarrow is considered a plant that offers miraculous cures in the treatment of gynecological diseases. In traditional medicine, it is recommended for use in the treatment of many gynecological diseases. In this area, it is a plant used with different applications. Among women, yarrow tea is widely used for its anti-menstrual properties.
It is a tea that is beneficial for delayed menstrual bleeding, menstrual disorders seen during puberty and menopause. It is used to relieve psychological problems experienced during menopause with its calming properties. Yarrow tea is also recommended by İbrahim Saracoğlu. Professor Saraçoğlu recommends the use of tea as it regulates ovulation in women and has a menstrual cramping feature.
İbrahim Saracoğlu yarrow tea is prepared as follows: A teaspoon of yarrow is thrown into a glass of boiled drinking water. The mouth is closed and left to infuse for three to five minutes. It is then filtered and allowed to cool and drink. It should be started three days before the start of the menstrual period. Drink a glass every day, morning and evening. It is prepared fresh for each use and consumed regularly until the end of the period. It is also an effective tea for menstrual pains.
What Does Yarrow Tea Do?
This herbal tea is said to work in the treatment of the following diseases, in addition to the substances listed in the yarrow tea benefits section:
- It is used in the treatment of cystitis infections because it has antiseptic properties.
- There are opinions that it is good for bleeding in the lungs.
- It helps the kidneys to work regularly.
- It is used in the treatment of acne because it is good for infections.
- It helps to strengthen the liver in liver diseases.
- It is useful for strengthening bones. It is used against bone pain with its pain reliever feature.
- It also works against vaginal itching. It is a good diuretic.
Yarrow herb is used by preparing tea, porridge and juice. It benefits from it in the treatment of many diseases with different ways of use. But it would not be right to use it without consulting your doctor. Those who have allergies, who use drugs regularly and those who have blood clotting problems cannot use it without a doctor’s opinion.
Does Yarrow Make Tea Weak?
Herbal teas do not show weight loss properties directly. Since they accelerate metabolism, they help the digestive system to work more regularly. The same properties apply to yarrow tea. With its diuretic effect, it helps to get rid of edema and toxins in the body. It shows a detox effect. It cleans the blood and allows the oxygen to spread better. People who are trying to lose weight can lose weight faster if they add yarrow tea to their diet and exercise program. But it is unlikely to lose weight by drinking yarrow tea alone.