What is Tenderloin? Tips for Cooking Tenderloin
Who can say no to tender, juicy, fried steak? Those who see the tenderloin, which is in a special position among the meat varieties with its softness, taste and recipes made with different sauces, will definitely have an appetite. By getting to know the tenderloin closely, you can have the chance to learn more about its seasoning, cooking and tenderloin presentations.
What is Tenderloin?
- Where is the tenderloin animal? It is a kind of soft meat obtained from the back of the tenderloin.
- Tenderloin entrecote difference: Tenderloin is in a deeper part of the animals compared to the ribeye. Another important feature of the tenderloin, which does not contain details such as nerves and fat, is that it is boneless. It is a soft and smooth type of meat and can be easily eaten.
- It is more expensive than other meats: The price of 1 kg of tenderloin is around 15 to 20 $ in the markets. Tenderloin prices have been determined as 15 to 20 $ in some places in 2021. The price of the tenderloin varies according to the amount you buy. If you want, you can buy a small amount and use it.
- There are also different varieties such as lamb tenderloin and veal. Tenderloin chicken, on the other hand, is the name given to the production of tenderloin from chicken breast meat. The price of the tenderloin may differ depending on whether it is beef or lamb.
How Is Tenderloin Marinated?
There are different methods to follow when it comes to tenderloin marinade. Thanks to the tenderloin seasoning, the meat you will cook can become softer. However, the flavor ratios increase considerably as a result of the combination of meat with steak sauces.
We have a suggestion that you can choose to make tenderloin marinade, which penetrates into the meat:
- You can start by extracting the juice from one onion.
- You can add grated garlic, sunflower oil, milk, thyme, red pepper flakes and black peppercorns to the onion juice.
- You can drizzle the mixture you get over the tenderloin.
- Afterwards, you can wrap the container in which you put the tenderloin in a foil and keep it in the refrigerator for a day.
- The next day, your tenderloin will be ready to cook.
- If you want, you can do the same process by trying different sauces according to your taste.
4 Tips for Cooking Tenderloin That Makes a Difference
- First of all, you need to make sure that the tenderloin you buy is free of nerves and oils. For this reason, it is important to buy tenderloin from a butcher you find reliable.
- You receive the attention to perfect steak meat delicacy Do not is another trick. Do not overdo it when thinning the meat, which will give you a better result.
- If the tenderloin is to be cooked on a pan, it is imperative that you pay attention to the non-stick type of pan used. If the meat sticks to the pan, it can stay dry. You can also place one tenderloin frying process at a time in the pan.
- Before placing the meat, thinly slicing and heating the oil you put in the pan for a while will help you make a more successful tenderloin steak.
Tenderloin Dishes: What to Do with Tenderloin?
- Another of the dishes that you can cook with sliced tenderloin is tenderloin fajita. You can try this dish to add color to your table with an extraordinary taste. This dish is easily made by adding spices, sauces and vegetables to tenderloin slices.
- If you have a barbecue party plan, you can barbecue a delicious steak using a grill. It is not necessary to add oil to the steak that will be cooked on the grill. You can add salt before cooking meat, and thyme when grilling. You can try one of the indispensable dishes of the feast days as roasted tenderloin.
- You can also choose to boil the tenderloin in the pressure cooker.
- Tenderloin is an ideal type of meat for cooking in the oven. However, it is important that you apply the marinade process to the meat beforehand.
- You can use the meat that you cut into smaller slices to sauté the tenderloin.
What Is Served With Tenderloin?
- If you have cooked a tender tenderloin that melts in your mouth; You can also serve different dishes on the plate.
- If you are going to set up a crowded dinner table, you can serve bulgur pilaf with vegetables next to the tenderloin.
- For those who do not like bulgur pilaf, rice pilaf with lots of butter and vermicelli will double the flavor of the tenderloin.
- You can offer light and satisfying cold helpers that adapt to the tenderloin at pleasant tables where appetizers are plentiful. Tarator, seasonal salad, haydari, hummus or atom salad can help you with this.
- If you are in the process of eating a balanced diet, a seasonal salad with plenty of lemon can accompany you at this meal, as well as a warm tenderloin.
- Mashed potatoes will also be a flavor that wants to take its place on your table. If you wish, you can prepare the mashed potatoes served with the melted cheddar cheese as a base for the tenderloin. For a stylish invitation plate, you can serve steak slices on a bed of mashed potatoes.
- Olive oil appetizers can also cheer up your stomach at meals with steak. If you wish, you can saute the fresh asparagus with olive oil and consume it.
- While the tenderloin is cooking in a pan or on the grill, you can prepare caramelized onions.
What is the Calorie and Nutritional Value of Tenderloin?
- The calorie value of the tenderloin is determined as 180 calories in a medium portion.
- Being lean makes the tenderloin a type of meat that does not cause excessive weight gain. However, it is recommended that those who want to maintain their form should not eat more than necessary.
- Since the tenderloin is a protein-rich food, it is an ideal choice for people who often take part in their lives.
- The high nutritional value in terms of vitamin C and minerals contributes to those who consume tenderloin to feel fit, strong and energetic.
- In summary, tenderloin is delicious and satisfying, as well as a health-friendly food.