How to Cook, Clean, Marinate Salmon?
Everyone who wants to live healthy and eat well should make and consume fish recipes regularly. Salmon, on the other hand, is a species that can be preferred with many features, especially being meaty and delicious. The smoked version of salmon is also a memorable dish with its unique aroma and taste.
Recipes that will add color to the tables can be prepared with the cute salmon that attracts attention with its pink color. Making salmon can be considered as fun as it is a practical process. You can enjoy salmon that will add variety and value to your table.
Salmon Types and Characteristics
- Salmon is known for being a soft, easily edible fish in food culture. Freshwater salmon are famous for being wanderers.
- Having many benefits is one of the aspects that increase the importance of salmon.
- One of the interesting aspects of salmon is that their color changes as they age.
- When you examine the salmon varieties, you come across species such as Atlantic and Pacific Salmon. Due to their large size, salmon is ideal for use in cooking.
- Salmon is a type of fish that has an important place in the diet of children.
- It supports brain development as it contains rich omega fatty acids and protein.
- It prevents Alzheimer’s disease, which increases the risk of being seen in older ages.
- Consuming a moderate amount of salmon at regular intervals not only protects the body’s resistance, but also helps the development of the mind.
Salmon Calories and Nutritional Values
- Salmon calorie differs according to the types.
- A standard serving of salmon has 269 calories.
- It is an ideal choice for those who do not want to gain weight as it is not too high in fat.
- Cooked salmon, on the other hand, has a caloric value of 347.
- If you prefer to make a grilled salmon recipe, you can see the value of 290 calories.
- Smoked salmon contains 88 calories per 75 grams.
- Salmon is a food with good nutritional properties.
- The fact that it is rich in protein and B group vitamins makes the fish more beneficial.
- Having a good ratio in terms of Omega 3 is one of the positive qualities of the fish.
What Are the Benefits of Salmon?
- One of the most important benefits of salmon is that it helps prevent cancer-type diseases.
- Omega 3 content in salmon provides protection against heart diseases.
- It is an ideal choice for people who are interested in weight loss and healthy eating. Recipes with salmon can easily be added to diet lists.
- It is a good decision to consume salmon frequently to get a bright-looking and healthy skin.
- Eating salmon fish gives effective results in the treatment of Alzheimer’s diseases.
- The salmon fish recommended in diet nutrition will be a complete diet-friendly meal with accompanying vegetables. Thanks to its low calorie and rich nutritional value, it will meet the need for meat for 1 day.
How to Clean Salmon?
It is necessary to take care of the cleaning process before cooking salmon:
- After the fish are thoroughly washed in water, the scaly parts on their upper surfaces are cleaned with the help of a knife.
- After the gill and fin parts are cut, it is time to clean the internal organs.
- After the inner part is washed and hygienic, the oily parts are removed and set aside.
- Finally, the head must be separated because this part cannot be cooked.
- It is recommended to slice the salmon, which is free from the scales and the head, in the size of a palm.
- Salmon, which is difficult to cook as a whole, will be cooked in slices in the most delicious way.
- Since the thickness of the awns in its structure is high, you can easily clean it with your hands or with awn scissors.
How to Marinate Salmon?
- You can keep it in a mixture of lemon, olive oil, garlic, salt and bay leaf for half an hour.
- You can make an alternative salmon sauce by mixing soy sauce, onions, and ginger with ingredients other than lemon.
- A mix of Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, dill, granulated sugar, and salt is another good marinade for salmon.
- For spicy marinade, a mixture of butter, olive oil, lemon, salt, black pepper, chili flakes and garlic can be used.
- If you want to consume a delicious salmon; You can cook after marinating.
- If you wish, you can serve it to the plates after cooking it in the oven or in the pan.
- Salmon is a type of fish that gives its taste even without sauce, but makes it even more appetizing with marinade.
- You can sauté asparagus to accompany the serving plate. If salmon is cooking in the oven; Besides the tray, you can also cook the potato slices in a spicy way.
In Which Season Is Salmon Eaten?
- The most ideal option for salmon season is spring and summer.
- The answer to the question of which month to eat salmon can be answered as July.
- Fish such as salmon are perfectly compatible with the light and relaxed atmosphere of summer.
- It is a pleasure to eat salmon with a sea view on a table decorated with salads.
- Consumption of salmon can be chosen in other seasons and months of the year, depending on demand and preferences.
How to Fish Salmon?
Salmon fishing is an activity that fishermen do with fun and enjoyment. However, catching salmon is a somewhat challenging process. Catching fish gives excitement to hunters.
- It is necessary to use quality fishing rods, reels and baits to catch salmon.
- Taking the reel length as long will allow you to be more successful in hunting.
- One of the most interesting aspects of salmon fish is that they return to the waters in which they were born and lay their eggs.
- In order to keep fish that love to live in the seas and lakes, it is important to keep track of which period they migrate to.