What is Soy Sauce? How is it done?
Soy sauce, which originates from Asian cuisine, is loved and consumed in every part of the world today. Soy sauce contains many vitamins and minerals, as well as a rich protein ratio. Soy sauce, which has become one of the popular sauces on the tables with its unique taste, has become an indispensable part of chicken dishes, and this sauce is heavily preferred for marinating chicken meat. You can also enjoy the soy sauce, which adds color to red meat and vegetable dishes, with pasta and salads. It is wondered whether soy sauce is hot, we can say that it has a salty aroma when describing the taste of this sauce, which does not have a sharp bitterness like chili pepper.
What is Soy Sauce?
- Soy sauce is a fermented sauce, the main ingredient of which is soybeans.
- Soy sauce is a type of sauce with an extremely dominant flavor. Since its aroma is distinctive, it can be used in many recipes in different ways.
- If you pay attention to the naturalness of the products you eat, you can also find organic soy sauce varieties produced with all organic materials in some markets.
- In terms of calories, soy sauce contains 53 kcal per 100 grams.
How is Soy Sauce Made?
- Soy sauce recipe and production method may differ from region to region.
- Soy sauce ingredients are mainly composed of soybeans, wheat, water and salt. Yeast to be used for fermentation can also be added to this.
- Soybeans that have been soaked for a long time are roasted at high heat and softened.
- Roasted wheat is added to the soybeans that have become mushy.
- This mixture is fermented and kept. Then water and salt are added to make it ready for use.
- By looking at the soy sauce content, you can also find an answer to the question of what can be used as an alternative to soy sauce.
- The mixture of balsamic vinegar and chili pepper makes it easy to catch a taste close to the taste of soy sauce.
- In general, flavors close to soy sauce can be obtained by mixing sour, bitter and sweet ingredients such as molasses according to the palate.
- One may also wonder whether soy sauce contains alcohol, the answer to this question is no.
What Are the Benefits of Soy Sauce?
- When the nutritional value of soy sauce is examined, it is a sauce that does not contain oil. 1 tablespoon is an average of 10 calories.
- Soy sauce has anti-oxidant properties. In this way, it helps the body to renew itself.
- Soy sauce, which is very rich in magnesium mineral, is beneficial against stress and makes you feel energetic. Soy sauce, which will help relieve the feeling of fatigue, helps strengthen your metabolism and work in an ideal way.
- It supports the regular functioning of the digestive and circulatory systems.
- Soy sauce, which contains vitamin B6, keeps the immune system strong and helps protect you from diseases, especially in winter.
- Soy sauce, which supports the development of the body with the iron it contains, is a very important food for bone and dental health with its phosphorus.
- Soy sauce, which is thought to be good for eyestrain, is extremely beneficial for eye health.
- It is an important supporter in the elimination of skin disorders such as eczema.
- Consult your doctor before consuming soy sauce in order to avoid situations that may adversely affect your health and allergic-like reactions.
- Among the benefits of soy sauce for the skin, there is also the fact that it supports the increase of the glow of women, especially with its estrogen-like content.
Where Is Soy Sauce Used?
- Soy sauce is among the most preferred dominant flavors for meat dishes.
- Soy sauce is one of the most important complements to chicken dishes.
- Soy sauce, which is a good marination material for chicken meat, can also be consumed with red meat.
- Soy sauce, which is frequently preferred in vegetable dishes and pasta, can also be easily added to seafood and salads.
- Soy sauce is used in cooking as well as in making other sauces.
- Soy sauce, which also finds its place in barbecue sauces, is quite salty.
- That’s why it’s important to take care not to add extra salt when added to meals.
- Let us give you a tip.
- Soy sauce is often used to capture the harmony that comes from the contrast of flavors with honey.
- You can add soy sauce to soups, chicken broth, which is among our traditional dishes. When soy sauce is used for soup, there is no need for extra salt.
- It is also being investigated whether soy sauce can be used as a sauce for raw meatballs.
- Of course, it can be tried according to taste, but the sauce most suitable for raw meatballs is pomegranate syrup.
Soy Sauce Harms and Side Effects
- Soy sauce contains a large amount of sodium. For this reason, it should not be consumed by people with cardiovascular disease and blood pressure problems.
- Soy sauce allergy is a serious type of food allergy that can be encountered in some bodies.
- Soy sauce also contains gluten. People with gluten intolerance may prefer gluten-free soy sauce varieties on the market instead of regular soy sauce.
- Due to some of the ingredients it contains, soy sauce should never be used during pregnancy.
- To avoid the negative effects of soy sauce, you should consult your doctor before using it.