What is Lemon Salt? What are the Benefits and Harms?
What is lemon salt? Although it is a multi-purpose and easy-to-access product that can be used in many areas from recipes prepared in the kitchen to general house cleaning, it also maintains its importance with its benefits to human health. We have compiled all the details about the benefits and uses of lemon salt for you.
What is Lemon Salt?
- The general and most known name of the chemical citric acid, which is a natural acid in the content of vegetables and fruits, is lemon salt.
- This acid gives fruits and vegetables their sour taste. Its structure is crystalline and colorless.
- It is especially abundant in sour fruits such as citrus fruits, and in the body fluids of plants and animals. Thanks to its antioxidant feature, it is also included in additives, as it keeps food and beverages fresh for longer.
- Lemon salt is a substance used both in the food field and in cleaning methods. It is a vegetable and fruit-derived substance. It does not carry chemical elements harmful to health.
How is Lemon Salt Made? Is it harmful?
- According to 2013 statistics, since it is seen that the total amount of lemon produced can only be produced with citric acid, resorting to chemical methods for citric acid was the most logical solution.
- Thus, it can be said that lemon salt is not actually a salt, but a kind of acid obtained by chemical means.
- But don’t let this worry you. Lemon salt, which is an acid type, does not pose any danger to health
What Are the Benefits of Lemon Salt?
- Lemon salt can be mixed with water as a mouthwash for tartar and oral care and applied regularly.
- Lemon salt is also known for its benefits for hair. For maintenance and repair, add 4-5 pieces of lemon salt to some water and boil it, wait for it to cool down. Massage this leaf into your hair, apply this water, wait 10-15 minutes and rinse. When this process is applied regularly, the broken ends of the hair are repaired.
- Lemon salt cleans the intestines, kidneys and liver.
- It protects the body against bacteria.
- It helps to remove kidney and gall bladder stones.
- Does lemon salt raise blood pressure? Lemon salt regulates blood pressure.
- Lemon salt is very effective on the skin. By making a lemon salt mask, you can have a lively, natural and blemish-free skin. However, it can cause irritation on sensitive skin, which is among the harms of lemon salt.
Is lemon salt natural?
- Until the previous century, lemon salt was obtained by squeezing the juice of citrus fruits, of course lemons.
- However, as this process is quite costly, as can be expected, the production of citric acid was realized as a result of the reaction of citric acid, the raw material of citric acid, and the fungus named aspegillus niger, with sugar and chemical components as of the 20th century.
- The lemon salt content can be explained in this way.
Does lemon salt go bad?
- Since lemon salt is also used as a protective additive, it does not deteriorate.
- When you want to preserve lemon salt at home, you can store it in a glass jar away from moisture.
- Make sure that the lid of the jar is dry after each use.
- When you open the packaged lemon salt, you can transfer it to a clean storage container and use it for a longer time.
Uses of Lemon Salt: Where is Lemon Salt Used?
- Since the chemical citric acid (E330) is among the additives, it is used in the food and beverage industry to extend the shelf life of food products.
- It will last longer if a measured amount is added to the olives and during the making of pickles and the following lemon salt, especially jam.
- Does lemon salt remove limescale? Since it is used as a pH regulator and lime remover, lemon salt gives effective results in the field of cleaning.
- Lemon salt can be used as a detergent for laundry and dishwasher cleaning.
- For the lemon salt mask, grind the lemon salt into powder and make a paste with some water and apply it gently on your skin. Lemon salt is a medicine for skin blemishes, it dries up acne. If you have sensitive skin, you should seek medical advice before using this mask.
How is Lemon Salt Used in Cleaning?
- Does lemon salt open a sink? You can rely on the lemon salt and vinegar duo in this regard.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of powdered lemon salt into your clogged sink, wait for it to melt for a while, then pour 1 glass of vinegar on it.
- By waiting for a while and pouring hot water from the tap, you will clear the blockage in your sink.
- To clean the teapot with lemon salt, add some lemon salt and water to your calcified teapot and boil the water for a while.
- If you have time, leave the boiled water for 1 day and clean and rinse the next day, you will see that the limescale stains have disappeared.
- Ironing lime cleaning with lemon salt is very practical.
- For calcification inside the iron, boil some lemon salt and water in a teapot or a small saucepan and pour it into the iron’s reservoir.
- Press the steam button of the iron several times and wait.
- The chalky clogged channels inside the iron will begin to open. Drain this water before your next use.
- Does lemon salt remove hair? If the lemon salt paste is prepared and gently massaged into the hairy areas together with the laser epilation procedures for unwanted hair, this mixture burns the hair follicles and thins the hair, causing it to fall out over time.
- When you do this regularly, you can see that the hairs start to fall out.
Does Lemon Salt Lose Weight?
- Every morning, add some lemon salt to warm water, mix and drink.
- You can see the benefits of regional lubrication. Of course, it is possible to get more effective results with sports and exercises.
- If you have a sensitive stomach, we would like to warn you as this water may cause stomach pain.
- Do not consume drinking water with added lemon salt for too long. You should drink for 7 days and rest your stomach for a few days.
- You can speed up your metabolism thanks to drinking water with lemon salt added.