What Are the Benefits of Garlic?
The homeland of garlic, whose Latin name is Allium Sativum, is India, China and Central Asia. It has been used to make natural medicine since ancient times in China. Traces of him are also found in ancient tombs in Egypt. Garlic, which has been used as a medicine for centuries, is a plant used in the treatment of diseases such as typhoid fever, dysentery and plague in our country, especially during the war years.
The benefits of eating garlic are known to everyone. The flavor it adds to the food is another feature. Garlic, which is consumed cooked or raw, is among the indispensable tastes. Although it may cause some discomfort with its sharp taste and smell, it is a very valuable nutrient because it contains vitamins A, B1 and C, selenium and zinc minerals.
Natural remedies made with garlic are as healing as consuming the garlic itself. You can find all the details you want to know about the benefits of garlic in this article.
What Are the Benefits of Ingesting Garlic?
It is common to consume garlic by swallowing it. In fact, capsules containing garlic extract are also sold. The benefits of swallowed garlic are strongly supported by İbrahim Saraçoğlu. Saraçoğlu is one of the herbalists who especially recommend the lemon garlic cure. Its ingredients, antioxidant and antibiotic properties make it a source of healing. The benefits of garlic to the body can be listed as follows:
- Garlic consumed by swallowing gives energy to the body. It helps the body to stay vigorous and healthy. Therefore, it is very good against weakness and chronic fatigue.
- It has an aphrodisiac effect. Consuming garlic by swallowing increases sexual performance.
- Ingesting garlic reduces hair loss. It is effective for healthy and shiny looking hair.
- There are opinions that it is useful to swallow garlic against poisoning.
- It is good against calcification.
- Ingestion of garlic has an antibiotic effect against inflammatory diseases in the body.
- It lowers cholesterol and is good for high blood pressure with its diuretic properties.
- It facilitates digestion. It ensures the regular operation of the intestines and helps to reduce intestinal worms.
- Consuming garlic by swallowing ensures that the blood is hydrated easily.
- If a clove of garlic is swallowed before going to bed at night, it is good for constipation. It also prevents constipation.
- It has a protective effect against cancer. There are opinions that it prevents the spread of the formed cancer cells.
- It is a natural antibiotic. It cures infections. If swallowed regularly, it strengthens the immune system and develops resistance against colds.
Consuming garlic in large quantities and on an empty stomach can cause stomach problems. It may not be right for those with stomach diseases to swallow garlic. Because it can cause stomach irritation. It is also inconvenient for pregnant and lactating mothers to swallow garlic. It is not recommended for women who use birth control pills to regularly cure garlic. Because garlic reduces the effect of birth control pills.
Consumption by allergy sufferers may cause undesirable results. Garlic can rarely cause side effects such as stomachache, nausea, vomiting. For this reason, it is very important for those who want to consume it regularly to get their doctor’s opinion about the benefits and possible side effects of garlic cure. The same is true for patients using blood pressure medications.
What Are the Benefits of Cooked Garlic?
It is more recommended to consume garlic raw. Not everyone prefers to eat raw garlic, as it has a sharp taste and intense smell. These properties of cooked garlic are greatly reduced. Cooked garlic is more easily digested. Overcooking reduces its nutritional value. Therefore, you can choose to cook with the shell. If you consume garlic undercooked, you can benefit from the following benefits:
- It is beneficial against cardiovascular diseases. It cleans the veins and provides resistance against heart diseases.
- It lowers blood pressure. It regulates blood pressure and cholesterol level.
- Cooked garlic strengthens the immune system and protects against diseases.
- It contributes to the removal of heavy metals accumulated in the body.
- It strengthens the bones. It is good for bone and muscle health and gives an athletic structure.
- Since it is a food with high nutritional value, it helps to relieve fatigue. It keeps the body fit.
- It reduces healthy cell death. It helps the body to stay young and alive.
- It has appetizing properties. There is information about the benefits of garlic for the eyes.
What Are the Benefits of Fresh Garlic?
When it comes to the benefits of garlic, the most useful way of consumption is to eat fresh garlic or raw garlic. The benefits of sprouting garlic are just like garlic that has become a head. Maybe it can be consumed easily because it is more delicious.
If you eat one or two cloves of garlic while eating, you will prefer the most correct way of consumption. When the season of fresh garlic comes, it is one of the recommended ways to consume it. It is very pleasant to consume with yogurt and tzatziki. You should be careful to consume without using a knife. The benefits of fresh garlic can be listed as follows:
- It has healing properties for boils and skin wounds.
- It is useful for cramps in the muscles.
- It expands the vessels and is good for heart health.
- If garlic is consumed with honey, it reduces intestinal parasites and worms. It is also effective in removing intestinal gases.
- It is good for complaints such as cough and sore throat and has an expectorant effect. It cuts stubborn coughs. It is beneficial for maintaining dental health. It is good for toothache.
- It helps the digestive system to work properly. It moves the intestines.
- Garlic is an herb used in the treatment of fungi.
- It helps diabetics by regulating blood sugar. It has a hypoglycemic effect.
- There is information about its usefulness against breast and prostate cancer. It is said to have a structure that can fight tumors. It prevents new tumor formations.
- It strengthens the immune system. May be useful against asthma bronchitis.
- It is useful against hair loss and ringworm. It is also known to be good for shed eyebrows.
- The benefits of garlic are emphasized by Ahmet Maranki. Maranki recommends eating garlic against Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Since it protects bone health, it prevents catching bone diseases such as osteoporosis that may occur during menopause.
What Are the Benefits of Garlic for the Face?
Garlic is a food that adds health and beauty to the skin. It is used in the treatment of acne and pimples. It heals acne with its antibiotic and antioxidant properties. It can reduce the negative effects of psoriasis, which is a skin disease. It reduces the rashes that occur in psoriasis. Garlic oil is used for this treatment.
You can use garlic tea for skin health. You can also prepare a garlic lemon cure and drink it. Garlic can also be used alone in skin treatment, but this use is not correct for people with sensitive skin.
What are the Benefits of Garlic for Hair and Beard?
There are important references about the benefits of garlic for the beard. It is known by everyone that garlic is good for hair loss, beard and eyebrows. For years, support is received from the benefits of garlic against these problems.
If the peels of raw garlic are peeled and cut and applied by pressing on the roots of the hair, it can help hair regrowth. There are people who benefit from this application. Because the garlic itself or its oil can give the skin the minerals and vitamins that the hair needs.
You can benefit from applying garlic oil or cut raw garlic to the roots of your beard and hair. The same application is also recommended for sparse eyebrows.
What is the Benefit of Garlic for Hemorrhoids?
Garlic is an herb with medicinal and healing properties. Thanks to its strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant structure, it can be useful in getting rid of hemorrhoids. However, before doing the applications on this subject, it is necessary to consult the opinion of a specialist doctor. Otherwise, undesirable negative results may be encountered.
The most recommended garlic hemorrhoid applications are as follows. Crush a few cloves of garlic and mix a small amount of coconut oil. This mixture is applied externally to the area with hemorrhoids. In the other application, one or two cloves of garlic are pounded and mixed with ground coffee. Balls are prepared in the form of small marbles. Eat two or three every morning on an empty stomach. The application is continued for two weeks.