Ways to Speed Up Metabolism – Natural and Effective Methods
- The metabolic rate is the amount of energy that a person spends by lying down all day without any movement and only by the work of his organs for his vital activities.
- Metabolic rate is very important for weight control. If a person’s metabolism works fast, the foods he consumes are converted into energy more easily and it is easier to spend the energy. If the metabolism works slowly, the conversion of nutrients into energy becomes difficult, calorie burning decreases and weight gain occurs.
- The metabolic rate, which varies depending on many factors, differs from person to person.
- The person’s exercise level, hormonal status, age, gender and genetic characteristics are among the factors that affect the metabolic rate. Metabolic rate begins to decrease with age. Each advancing age increases the accumulation of fat in the body and leads to a decrease in muscle mass.
- Men have a higher metabolic rate than women, as men have higher muscle mass than women.
- One of the most important factors affecting the metabolic rate is unhealthy diets made unconsciously. Consistently unhealthy diets reduce the metabolic rate by almost 30%. Slowing the metabolic rate means that the body stores more fat, which increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases, heart diseases, obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
What are the Ways to Speed Up Metabolism?
- Exercising regularly is one of the ways to speed up metabolism.
- We can increase our metabolic rate by eating adequate and balanced nutrition, increasing daily physical activity and consuming the amount of water the body needs.
- In order to accelerate the metabolism, it should be fed as 3 main meals and 3 snacks a day. When we divide the energy needed by the body into 6 parts, we both experience less hunger and ensure that the digestive system works continuously.
- Long intervals between main meals or skipping meals reduce the metabolic rate.
- Healthy snacks such as buttermilk, yogurt, fruit, oil seeds, small sandwiches in between meals are among the ways to speed up metabolism.
- Another important factor affecting the metabolic rate is water consumption. If the daily water consumption of the body is met, the regular functioning of the digestive, circulatory and respiratory systems will be ensured, and this will cause an increase in the metabolic rate.
- Starting the day with breakfast directly affects the working speed of metabolism. Late breakfast also causes the metabolism to work slower. A high protein diet increases the metabolic rate.
Metabolism Boosting Teas
- One of the most effective ways on metabolic rate is the consumption of herbal tea. The common feature of teas that accelerate metabolism is that they have a diuretic and accelerating effect on the digestive and excretory system.
- Mate tea is at the top of the list that is most frequently used as metabolism-boosting teas. Mate leaves, which have a stimulating effect, can be thrown into hot water and drunk after a while.
- Fresh or powdered ginger is also one of the herbal sources that increase the metabolic rate.
- Green tea, cinnamon, turmeric, white tea and oolong teas as metabolism-accelerating fat-burning herbal teas can also be consumed alone or in a mixture if desired.
- Helping to remove toxic substances from the body with its detox effects, metabolism boosting tea supports the elimination of accumulated water in the body and fat burning.
Metabolism Boosting Drugs
- It can benefit from nutritional supplements to accelerate the metabolism that slows down with age.
- As well as the metabolism accelerating pill designed as a medical drug, drugs designed using herbal products can also be used. In order to use these drugs, it is necessary to go through a doctor’s control and take them with the doctor’s advice.
- Medications whose main effects are to regulate the excretory system or increase the metabolic rate by affecting the body’s hormone levels may also have side effects from time to time.
- Drugs that accelerate metabolism can cause addiction by making the body get used to it. The use of these drugs for a long time can cause the intestine to become unable to function and serious intestinal problems may occur in the future.
- Metabolism-accelerating drugs increase the rate of metabolism by removing excess gas in the stomach and intestines, allowing them to evacuate more easily.
Metabolism Boosting Foods
- Hot pepper is one of the foods that accelerate metabolism. The capsaicin in hot pepper increases the metabolic rate up to 2 times in about 3 hours from the time it is consumed. It also reduces appetite and provides a feeling of fullness for a long time. In addition to cayenne pepper, coriander also contains capsaicin.
- In addition to supporting the digestive system, ginger, which increases the metabolic rate by 20% by raising the body temperature, also helps to burn fat. By consuming green tea, which has a high caffeine content, before going to bed, you can accelerate your metabolism while you sleep.
- Metabolism acceleration is also discussed by Ender Saraç. According to Ender Saraç, foods with high protein content are digested in a long time.
- Our digestive system spends a lot of energy during the digestion of protein and the amount of calories burned during digestion is high. Therefore, high-protein foods such as meat, chicken, fish, turkey and eggs are metabolism-boosting foods.
- Foods with high fiber content increase the amount of energy used by the body during digestion and accelerate metabolism. It also prevents problems such as constipation, which slows down the metabolic rate.
- Foods such as almonds, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, whole grains, oats, cabbage, celery, spinach, broccoli, apples, oranges increase the metabolic rate.
- Cinnamon, which facilitates weight loss due to its blood sugar regulating effect and long-term satiety effect, also increases metabolism by increasing body temperature during digestion.
- Due to their similar effects, foods such as pineapple, flaxseed, chia, and quinoa are among the foods that accelerate metabolism.
Metabolism Boosting Drink
- The main beverage that accelerates metabolism is water. Consumption of at least 2-3 liters of water per day increases the metabolic rate by 20%.
- Caffeine-containing green tea, cinnamon, rosemary, coffee, soy milk, buttermilk and vegetable juices are among the metabolism-boosting beverages.
- Parsley water prepared with parsley both ensures the removal of excess water in the body and increases metabolism.
- A few drops of lemon juice thrown into warm water or a metabolism-boosting water prepared using vinegar, pineapple juice, grapefruit juice, tomato juice, cucumber and mint, and avocado juice passed through a blender are among the drinks that accelerate metabolism.
- In addition to these, vegetable juices prepared by passing pomegranate juice, spinach juice and green leafy vegetables through a blender have great effects as a metabolism-accelerating and edema-stimulating beverage.
Metabolism Booster Diet
Metabolism acceleration diets are generally arranged as 3 main meals together with snacks. At least 3 liters of water should be consumed per day.
- Before breakfast, a glass of warm water consisting of cinnamon, ginger and lemon, which accelerates metabolism, both ensures the operation of the intestines and ensures the removal of excess water from the body with the detox effect.
- For breakfast, one boiled egg containing high protein, 1 slice of low-fat cheese and 2 thin slices of whole wheat bread can be consumed. Breakfast can be completed with tomatoes, cucumbers and green hot peppers. An alternative breakfast can be a mixture prepared with oatmeal, yogurt, walnuts, almonds and pineapple.
- A serving of fruits such as strawberries, apples, pineapples and pears consumed 2-3 hours after breakfast increases the metabolic rate.
- High protein chicken, fish and white meat such as turkey can be consumed for lunch. A thin slice of bread or 4 tablespoons of bulgur can be consumed with a green salad with avocado and buttermilk.
- Fruit salad prepared using probiotic yogurt after lunch is a suitable choice for a metabolism-boosting diet.
- At dinner, a vegetable dish prepared using spinach, zucchini, eggplant, cauliflower, purslane, which does not force digestion, and 1 bowl of yogurt with hot red pepper can be consumed.
- Consumption of cinnamon tea or green tea after dinner is an excellent choice for both a comfortable sleep and a healthy digestion.
Metabolism Booster Spices
Some spices, which are on our tables and in our meals almost every day, are very effective with their metabolic-accelerating aspects as well as the flavor they give to the food.
- Regulating blood circulation, rosemary warms the body, accelerates metabolism and provides fat burning.
- Thyme , which is effective on fat metabolism, increases the metabolic rate with its revitalizing feature.
- Having a regulatory effect on liver functions, turmeric increases the metabolic rate by creating a detox effect in the body.
- Ginger, which facilitates the digestion of foods, accelerates the digestive system. Ginger, which also has inflammatory properties, is among the metabolism-accelerating spices.
- Red chili peppers that accelerate fat burning, black pepper that increases body temperature during digestion, and curry spices that support the immune system are among the spices that accelerate metabolism.
Metabolism Booster Mixtures
- Mixtures of nutrients can also be used to increase the metabolic rate.
- The mixture, prepared with honey, cinnamon and coconut oil, accelerates metabolism due to its strong antioxidant effect, blood sugar regulating effect and body temperature raising effect.
- The mixture prepared with a bunch of dill and yoghurt reduces the appetite on the one hand, and on the other hand increases the metabolic rate.
- The mixture prepared using lemon, apple, black pepper, cinnamon and clove is an excellent choice with its immune system supporting effect as well as increasing metabolism.