Tips for Using an Oven
Meals cooked in the oven have a distinct flavor; It is usually soft and light. In addition, cooking in the oven is very practical for many people. You simply prepare the ingredients, then put the tray in the oven. You do not need to stand by the stove for a long time, fry the onion and tomato paste or mix the food for a long time.
Tips for Using an Oven
- Preheat Oven When Making Cakes and Pastries
- Ferment the Yogurt in the Oven
- Use Glass Cookware
- Put a Cup of Water in the Oven for Crispy Bread
- Cook Food at Low Temperature for a Long Time
- Try Caramelization in the Bake
- Use Marble When Making Pizza
- If You’re Cooking Red Meat, Add Salt Later
- Make sure to clean the oven after each use.
Like any job, cooking in the oven has some tricks. If you know and use these tricks, the flavors of your meals can be talked about. So what are the tricks of using the oven? Here before you; Things to consider when using an oven…
9 Practical Information That Will Help You When Using an Oven
1) Preheat Oven When Making Cakes and Pastries
- In our list of tips for using an oven, we give the first place to a tip about cake making.
- When making cakes and pastries, you should definitely preheat the oven. With the effect of heat, baking soda and yeast are activated. In this way, cakes and pastries rise the way you want.
- In addition, the oven door should never be opened for the first 20 minutes, especially while baking cakes.
- You can check whether the cake is cooked or not with a toothpick. However, we recommend that you do this check after ¾ of the cooking time is completed.
- If the toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean, your cake is ready.
2) Ferment the Yogurt in the Oven
- Most of us, after fermenting yogurt, wrap it in a blanket and leave it in a corner for 4-6 hours. However, did you know that you can do this process in the oven in a faster and more practical way?
- All you have to do is heat the oven to 50 degrees. Then place your yogurts in the oven.
- That is all! After 4-6 hours, you can take the yogurt out of the oven as it has fermented very well.
3) Use Glass Cookware
- If you are going to buy cookware for use in the oven, we recommend that you prefer glass ones instead of metal equipment.
- Because glass ovenware retains heat almost 25 degrees more than metal ones.
- So what is the advantage of this?
- Food cooks in less time. Thus, energy savings are achieved.
4) Put a Cup of Water in the Oven for Crispy Bread
- This information must have come across you often at the beginning of the pandemic process!
- If you like crusty, crispy breads, put a bowl of water in the lower part of the oven.
- The water will evaporate and the soft crust of the bread will be crispy.
- However, there is a point you should pay attention to; The pot you will put in the oven does not burn, it must be an oven dish.
5) Cook Food at Low Temperature for a Long Time
- We should say from the beginning that; This recommendation does not apply to all foods.
- One of the tricks of using the oven is the temperature at which the food will be cooked. You need to cook the meat you want to seal at high heat in a short time.
- However, you should cook the foods that you want to cook evenly in every part of them, on low heat for a long time.
- Otherwise, it will dry out and the inside will not be cooked.
- We recommend that you take care to cook cakes, pastries and vegetable dishes at low temperatures.
6) Try Caramelization in the Bake
- The caramelization process adds flavor to the flavors of some foods. How about doing this in the oven in an easy way?
- For this; First, add brown sugar to the food you want to caramelize.
- Then place the tray on the top shelf of the oven. That is all! Not very practical, don’t you think?
7) Use Marble When Making Pizza
- You can use marble in your oven to catch the taste of the pizza you eat at the pizzeria at home.
- Marble heats up very quickly and retains heat for a long time.
- If you want to make delicious pizzas, you can put marble in your oven, you can use this marble instead of a baking tray to make not only pizza but various dishes.
8) If You Are Cooking Red Meat, Add Salt Afterwards
- In fact, it is a rule that most people know; Salt is not added to red meat beforehand. Because if salt is added from the beginning, the meat will be tough.
- If you are cooking red meat in the oven, open the oven door after half the cooking time and add salt.
- Let me give you another little tip; Cook red meat on high heat first.
- Reduce the heat towards the end of the cooking time. You can check whether the meat is cooked with the help of a fork. If the fork sinks into the meat, it is cooked
9) Make sure to clean the oven after each use
- Yes, we have come to the hardest part! We know a lot of people don’t like it but we have to say it anyway!
- You should take care to clean the oven after each use. Otherwise, the dirt in the oven will dry out and then it will be more difficult to remove.
- You can easily clean the oven with the help of an oil remover before it cools down completely. If it has completely cooled down, run it for a few minutes and let it warm up a bit, then tighten the degreaser.
- All the dirt in the oven will start to melt and flow with the effect of the heat and the degreaser. This makes cleaning easier.