Teff Seed Tea: Healthy or Harmful?
Teff seed tea, which is one of the first teas that comes to mind when it comes to rapid and healthy weight loss, has started to appear more and more. Teff seed tea is a rich seed variety used by many celebrities.
Thanks to its high nutritional values and gluten-free , it can be easily consumed by celiac patients. Teff seed is one of the most nutritious alternative grains. It is rich in fiber, antioxidants, calcium and protein. It gives energy, facilitates weight loss and helps maintain bone health.
Teff seed is a very useful and nutritious seed. So, is teff seed tea so beneficial? If you want to know whether Teff seed tea is healthy or harmful, this article is for you. Here is everything you need to know about Teff seed tea!
What Is Teff Seed Tea?
- Teff is a plant species that grows in northern Ethiopia and northern Africa.
- The Teff plant, which is used in many countries, is also known as khakshir or Taffe.
- Teff seed is one of the main foods consumed in North African countries.
- It provides about 70% of North Africa’s daily calories.
- In addition, countries in North Africa use this product as animal feed.
- Teff seed is a type of grain with small grains. It is the smallest grain in the world.
- It has 3 types, brown, white and red.
- The taste of the white one resembles chestnut. The content of the red teff plant is very rich in iron. The taste of the brown teff plant is reminiscent of hazelnuts.
- Teff seed is both richer in nutritional value and easier to digest than wheat grain.
- Teff seed is a grain rich in complex carbohydrates. It does not contain gluten.
- Teff seed tea, on the other hand, is a herbal tea made by adding about 20 different plant varieties, especially teff.
- Tea usually contains teff seed, green tea, cherry stalk, rosemary, rosehip, cinnamon, sandalwood gum, açai, green coffee, tragacanth gum, gunpowder bark, okra flower, quinoa seed, asphid seed, chia seed, heather, mate leaf, lemon. grass, maca and lepidium.
How to Use Teff Seed Tea?
- Teff seed tea has gained its real fame with the use of world famous stars to lose weight.
- Teff seed is a very nutritious plant. It is even said to be more nutritious than the quinoa plant.
- Teff seeds can be consumed in different ways such as bread or tea making.
- Teff seed tea is generally recommended to be consumed half an hour before breakfast.
- This tea, which is recommended to be drunk on an empty stomach, is said to have a weakening effect in regular use.
- But using only tea to lose weight may not lead you to your goal.
Teff Seed Tea Harms and Side Effects
Teff seed tea is a tea that can have harmful effects and side effects. For this reason, it is necessary to have information about the harms of tea before consuming it. The main side effects and harms of teff seed tea are as follows:
- Excessive consumption of teff seed tea is harmful to health. Diarrhea and persistent constipation may occur with prolonged use of the tea.
- If you use tea excessively, bowel movements may be impaired.
- This type of tea helps to remove water from the intestine. If you consume too much of this tea, you may experience water and potassium loss in your body.
- If you are wondering if breastfeeding mothers can use Teff seed tea, this tea should definitely not be used for pregnant women without consulting a doctor.
- Recently, it has been revealed that the content of teas sold as teff seed tea is actually not real teff seed. It has been determined that there is a harmful substance called sibutramine in these teas.
- Sibutramine is quite harmful to the body. It adversely affects cardiovascular health. This substance is dangerous enough to cause a heart attack.
- To get the full effect of Teff seed tea, the tea used must be original. Unoriginal teas pose a great threat to your health.
- You should not forget that it is not possible to lose weight just by drinking tea. You should not risk your life by taking these teas that are harmful to health and produced illegally.
- If you want to lose weight, you should consult a specialist and try to lose weight in a healthy way.
- If you have any ailments, you should definitely consult a specialist before consuming this tea.
How to Make Teff Seed Tea?
- 1 glass of water
- Teff seed tea
- Lemon or honey (optional)
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Throw teff seed tea into boiling water.
- Infuse for about 4-5 minutes.
- Optionally, you can add lemon or honey during the brewing process.