Probiotics: Every Thing You Need to Know
- In recent years, diets and nutrition programs for the regular functioning of the intestines, which have been touted as the second brain of the body, have come to the fore.
- A diet rich in animal fats and proteins, antibiotic use, stress, insufficient fiber intake, digestive problems and insufficiency of the immune system cause disorders in the intestinal flora.
- Probiotic deficiency causes an increase in toxic substances in the intestines and infections.
- Probiotic foods, which are used for normalization and better functioning of intestinal movements and flora, also play an active role in maintaining the health of the whole body.
In the subheadings of this article, first of all, what are probiotics; Afterwards, we will be talking about what are the benefits of probiotics in the regular functioning of the intestinal and digestive system and even on emotional hormones and how to consume probiotic foods, have a pleasant reading!
What Are Probiotics?
Probiotics are the friendly bacteria that live in our intestines, which ensure the healthy functioning of our digestive system. Probiotic varieties, which provide the absorption of nutrients in the intestines, support the synthesis of microorganisms necessary for the body. At the same time, it prevents the food that cannot be digested in the intestine and the toxic substances formed in the intestine from mixing with the blood.
Many friendly bacteria, which are described as probiotics, reside in our body:
- Among the probiotic yeasts, the most well-known are Bifidobacterium longum, which supports liver and colon cleansing.
- Lactobacillus planetarium, which helps prevent inflammation
- Bifidobacterium bifidum, which controls diarrhea and reduces the risk of possible fermentation in the genital and large intestine areas.
- It is Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria that ensure the regular functioning of the digestive system.
What Are Probiotic Foods?
- Probiotics are highly resistant microorganisms. Probiotics, which are available on sales shelves and food stores, are taken orally and maintain their vitality until the stomach and small intestine arrive.
- In order to benefit from these friendly bacteria, it is necessary to adhere to the epithelial surfaces in the intestine.
- Probiotic foods can be consumed to make the intestinal flora healthier and stronger.
- Apart from fermented foods and dairy products, some fruits and vegetables are also rich in probiotics.
- For example, fresh fruits such as bananas, apples and peaches, as well as dried figs and dried apricots; In the list of vegetables, leeks, peas, onions, beets and cabbage are sources of probiotics.
- Dry beans, chickpeas, lentils and bulgur can be included in this list in the pulses group.
- Fermented foods such as boza, pomegranate juice, pickles and vinegar, probiotic dairy products, probiotic milk, ayran, kefir, cheese, probiotic cheese, yogurt, probiotic yogurt and homemade yogurt are among the probiotic products that are effective in the proliferation of probiotics in the intestinal flora.
- Specially produced probiotic formulas are used for intestinal problems in infants.
What Are the Benefits of Probiotics?
- Probiotics settle on the intestinal wall and prevent the reproduction of disease-causing microorganisms there.
- It prevents the proliferation of yeasts by increasing the acidity of the intestinal flora.
- Some of the enzymes they secrete show the feature of increasing the estrogen level.
- B group vitamins are synthesized in the intestines. Probiotics take part in the synthesis of these vitamins.
- It ensures the elimination of toxins produced by disease-causing microorganisms from the body.
- The cancer structure takes part in the removal of substances from the body.
- The probiotic functions in the release of serotonin, which is effective in depression and stress management.
- It helps in regulating the cholesterol level in the blood. Regularly used probiotics prevent the formation of acne.
- The use of antibiotics causes damage to the intestinal flora. Regularly used probiotics have a healing effect on damaged intestinal flora.
What Do Probiotic Supplements Do?
- Probiotic supplements increase the absorption functions of the intestines by supporting the regular functioning of the digestive system and also reduce inflammation. It increases the body’s resistance against infections, cancer and allergies by supporting the body’s immune system.
- Probiotic vitamin tablets, which offer psychological support, have a mood-enhancing effect when used regularly. It is especially effective in stress management in intense stress situations. Friendly bacteria, which take part in the elimination of toxins formed in the intestines, protect the intestinal barrier and prevent the formation of inflammation.
- Regularly taken probiotic drugs have a positive effect on hormone balance. In addition, the use of probiotic capsules increases insulin sensitivity and regulates blood sugar. The price of probiotics varies according to the amount and content used.
- However, let’s also point out: Not all probiotic capsules can be used for the same purpose, and they may not give definite results in every body. Probiotic microorganisms take on different tasks. In this case, you should carefully examine the content of the supplement you take. You should know that a different type of bacteria is used for each condition such as constipation, diarrhea, bloating, indigestion.
How to Use Probiotics?
- The use of probiotics is very common in combating health problems in the body.
- Probiotic support is given in diarrhea caused by changes in intestinal flora due to antibiotics, irritable (sensitive) bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel diseases and diarrhea caused by infection.
- Especially in mild abdominal pain, gas and bloating problems, probiotic products such as kefir, probiotic yogurt and probiotic powders can reduce symptoms.
- In ulcerative colitis, which has a more severe course, drugs containing high doses of Streptococcus, Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus are used.
- Probiotic tablets, probiotic sachets and probiotic pills consumed in addition to an adequate and balanced nutrition program make the intestinal flora stronger.
Do Probiotics Make You Weak?
- Probiotic bacteria, which are involved in the digestion of calories taken with food, regulate the use of energy and ensure the removal of excess weight in the body. It may be possible to lose weight with probiotics due to its regulatory effect on metabolism.
- Probiotic diet accelerates the removal of toxins from the body and the burning of fat. Probiotics, which have effects on the hormone leptin, which control the feeling of satiety, help suppress appetite when used regularly. In addition, due to its role in regulating bowel movements, it is effective in weight loss by preventing problems such as constipation.
- Probiotic side effects can be observed when used for a long time in some bodies. Effects such as bloating, gas, headache, constipation or thirst are observed in the form of probiotic allergy, especially when taking high doses of probiotics as supplements.
- We would like to remind you that you should seek advice from an expert, as overdose or use outside the supervision of a doctor, which we can evaluate within the scope of probiotic harms and side effects, may cause undesirable results.