Pasta with feta cheese and olives
Pasta with feta cheese and olives recipe is also completely vegetarian and if you would like to make it vegan, you can do that relatively easily by omitting the feta. There may be a vegan version of feta. I don’t really know, but that would be a good substitute for the feta. You do need that salty to give it a bit of spice.
Prepare the pasta with feta cheese and olives
To make the pasta, take a large pan. Keep in mind that you are going to prepare all ingredients in this one pan. Incidentally, you can also use other pasta if you do not have orechiette. The pasta with feta is also delicious if it is a penne with feta.
Do take into account possibly different cooking times. Preferably do not take pressure cooker elbows. They will fall apart when you use them for this dish.
Pasta with feta cheese and olives recipe
PREPARATION TIME: 25 min Persons: 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 400 gr orechiette
- 1 liter of vegetable stock
- 150 gr feta
- 100 gr peas
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 100 gr good olives finely chopped
- 100 gr roasted pepper strips chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 50 gr roasted pine nuts for on top
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take a large pan and heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and fry until translucent.
- Add the garlic and the orechiette pasta and fry for a while while stirring. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer, stirring occasionally. Let it cook until the orechiette is al dente and the whole has turned into a thick creamy stock. Depending on the cooking time of your pasta, this will take about 10-15 minutes
- Add the feta, artichokes, roasted peppers, olives and peas. Stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the roasted pine nuts, the fresh basil and some extra cheese for topping.
The stated nutritional value is based on standard tables and therefore an estimated total. No rights can be derived from the information in the nutritional table.