Pasta with red cabbage
Pasta with red cabbage
Red cabbage in your pasta might be a combination that you will not immediately remember, but it is a delicious dish and the color will spontaneously make you happy!
The pasta with red cabbage requires a little more patience than most pasta recipes. This is because you have to stew the red cabbage for the best result. It doesn’t have to be cooked all the way to a pulp. I like a little bit of bite in my red cabbage.
Exactly how long it takes depends a bit on how coarsely or finely you have cut your red cabbage. Grating is also possible. Then it will cook faster. I hold on for about 15 minutes. Then it is softer, but still has that beautiful color.
The red cabbage then has a nice bite. For the cheese sauce I used a spicy pecorino. Pecorino always has a specific taste. If you don’t like that, you can of course also use parmesan cheese or any other cheese you like. There is no right or wrong in this story.
Then finish the pasta with red cabbage with crispy fried bacon cubes and fresh herbs. I used oregano, parsley and thyme here, but basil is always possible.
Pasta with red cabbage recipe
PREPARATION TIME: 15 min Persons: 2 CALORIES: 1086 kcal
- 150 gr pasta
- pinch of salt
- 100 gr bacon strips
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 250 g red cabbage cut into thin strips
- black pepper
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 100 gr grated pecorino
- Fresh herbs 1 tbsp each: oregano parsley, thyme, finely chopped
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside
- Take a large frying pan and fry the bacon strips in it. Remove from the pan and let drain briefly.
- Saute onion until translucent in the bacon fat. Add the thyme leaves and fry.
- Add the red cabbage and cook until the red cabbage starts to soften but has not lost its color yet. How long that takes also depends on how thick or thin you have cut the red cabbage. Hold on for about 15 minutes. It can still be crispy.
- Reduce the heat and add the pasta and bacon again.
- Pour in the cream and the grated cheese and stir until it thickens slightly and the cheese has melted.
- Serve with fresh parsley and chopped oregano on top.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE PER SERVING
Calories: 1086 kcal
Carbohydrates: 76 g
Protein: 36 g
Fat: 72 g
Saturated fats: 38 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 222 mg
Sodium: 1009 mg
Potassium: 768 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 10 g
Vitamin A: 3,092 IU
Vitamin C: 76 mg
Calcium: 684 mg
Iron: 3 mg
The stated nutritional value is based on standard tables and therefore an estimated total. No rights can be derived from the information in the nutritional table.