Lemongrass: 10 Antidepressant Benefits of Lemongrass
Useful herbs in nature are as effective as drugs when used consciously. Among the thousands of herbs that are a panacea, in this article, we will examine lemongrass, which has an antidepressant effect. We will give information about the benefits of lemongrass to those who are looking for the most herbal way to get rid of nerves and stress. How would you like to throw away the hustle and bustle of life and relax by drinking lemongrass tea?
Many details about the lemongrass plant will be with you on this page. When you hear the health benefits of lemongrass, which is widely used from meals to soups, you will make room for lemongrass in your home. Lemongrass, which has been used for centuries, will cure which diseases?
What is Lemongrass?
- Lemongrass has many common names. This useful herb, which is known by names such as lemon balm, lemon balm, lemon mint , shows the effect of many drugs with an herbal method.
- When you take lemongrass in your hand and bring it to your nose, you may notice that it smells like lemon.
- Lemongrass, which is added both as herbal tea and as a spice to meals, offers a pleasant taste to the food and drink thanks to its unique aroma.
- Lemongrass, which is slightly aromatic, thin-leaved and fragrant , has beneficial properties for health.
Lemongrass Benefits – 10 Properties That Will Do You Good
1) Relieves Sleep Disorder
- The most common feature of lemongrass is that it provides comfortable sleep. If you have trouble falling asleep, you can benefit from lemongrass.
- You can use lemongrass for uninterrupted sleep without the need for sleeping pills.
- Thanks to this useful plant, you will feel more vigorous when you wake up.
2) Relieves Stress and Anxiety
- Lemongrass oil and tea are recommended to combat stress.
- It stimulates nerve cells and makes you relax.
- After tense days, after exhausting rush, you can prepare a herbal tea with lemongrass.
3) Strengthens Memory
- As a result of studies on memory, lemongrass from herbal supplements has been brought to the agenda.
- Those who use lemongrass in various ways have a stronger memory.
- Lemongrass, which also eliminates distraction, improves forgetfulness due to anxiety and stress.
4) Clears Infection
- You do not necessarily need to take antibiotics to clear the infection that has entered your body. If your doctor has not recommended antibiotics, you can use lemongrass.
- Lemongrass is successful in solving problems such as urinary tract infections.
- You can place lemongrass in your home to get rid of the infection in a herbal way.
5) Heals Herpes
- Herpes, one of the skin problems, can be cleared in a short time thanks to lemongrass.
- Lemongrass oil and tea will be very effective in the treatment of herpes.
- You can rely on lemongrass for clearing herpes due to various reasons and eliminating inflammation in the area.
6) Good for Indigestion
- Many people struggle with indigestion after a meal.
- You can consume lemongrass to solve stomach bloating and indigestion.
- The balancing of stomach acids takes place thanks to lemongrass.
7) Revitalizes Skin
- Lemongrass is a plant rich in vitamin C. Thanks to this feature, it also renews the skin and purifies it from toxins.
- You can prefer lemongrass tea and oil for skin care.
- Lemongrass, which tightens pores and clears blackheads, makes you look younger.
8) Makes Hair Thicker
- Those who want their hair to look more lively and bushy can benefit from lemongrass.
- Hair problems of those who use lemongrass oil in hair care are solved.
- You can eliminate the problem of dandruff, shedding and pale hair thanks to the miraculous effects of lemongrass.
9) Relieves Menstrual Pain
- Period pain affects the lives of many women. One way to get rid of these pains that make movement difficult is to use lemongrass.
- Lemongrass, which relaxes blood circulation, relieves menstrual pain.
- Don’t forget to take advantage of lemongrass to have a more peaceful menstrual period.
10) Protects Oral and Dental Health
- Teeth and oral care should be done regularly. You can do this care with lemongrass.
- Lemongrass tea is recommended to prevent bacterial growth in the mouth.
- You can easily prevent tooth decay and bad breath with this plant.
How To Use Lemongrass Oil, What Are The Benefits?
- You can get the vitamin your hair needs by using lemongrass oil in hair care mask . For this, it will be enough to add a few drops of lemongrass oil to your mask.
- Lemongrass oil is also used in skin masks. Add 2 drops of lemongrass oil to the mask you have prepared and try the mask regularly.
- You can use lemongrass oil with the aromatherapy method to relieve stress. First, you can drip lemongrass oil into your bath water. If you wish, you can drip lemongrass oil in a few corners of your room and let it mix into the air.
- Lemongrass is a common herb used in food. You can flavor it when you add a drop of its oil.
How to Brew Lemongrass Tea?
Preparing lemongrass tea is quite easy and effortless! Now follow these steps to brew lemongrass tea:
- 200 ml of hot water
- 1 teaspoon dried lemongrass
- Take 1 teaspoon of dried lemongrass in a coffee pot. Add 200 ml of water to it and mix.
- Boil the coffee pot for 8 minutes on low heat and let the herbs open.
- Then strain this tea into a cup.
- You can consume it after the initial temperature has passed.
- You should take care to prepare it fresh every time.
- If you are on chronic medication, you can consult your doctor before consuming lemongrass tea.
- It is recommended not to consume more than 2 cups of lemongrass tea a day. Herbal teas that are consumed too much can tire the kidneys.
What are the Benefits of Lemongrass Tea?
- Lemongrass tea accelerates intestinal activities.
- It eliminates stomach problems in a short time.
- It solves the constipation problem after 1 cup of drinking.
- It meets your vitamin C needs.
- Lemongrass tea, which is an antioxidant tea, purifies the body from edema.
- It strengthens the immune system and protects the body from infection.
- It provides sweating. Thus, it throws out harmful substances in the body.
- Lemongrass tea balances blood sugar and lowers blood pressure.
- Lemongrass tea, which makes frequent urination, also eliminates swelling due to inactivity and salt consumption.
How to Grow Lemongrass Plant?
- Lemongrass flower grows smoothly when it finds a fertile soil.
- When the lemongrass seed is planted, a plant that reaches almost 80 cm tall grows.
- Its branches, which are full of white flowers, grow better in the Mediterranean climate.
- Those who want to grow lemongrass at home are recommended to place the plant pot in a sunny location.
- It is a cold-resistant plant. But it requires regular watering and a moist environment.
Where to Find Lemongrass What is the price?
- Transfer herbal tea prepared with lemongrass and you can find it in markets.
- If you want to buy dried lemongrass, you can consult herbalists.
- The dried and packaged form of lemongrass is sold for an average of 10 TL.
- If you want to buy it as a tea bag, you can give an average of 7 TL per box.
In Which Foods Is Lemongrass Used?
- Lemongrass can be added to soups as a spice.
- It can also be added to salad dressing for flavoring .
- You can use lemongrass in some meat marinades.
- You can add a different flavor to the cake and cookie dough by adding lemongrass.