Weight Loss Tips: Eating and shopping guidelines
This article provides some helpful tips for losing weight. Here are some basic weight loss tips to help you change your eating habits.
Effective tips for losing weight
- 1. Let the famous expression “Eat to live, not live to eat” serve as a motto for you. When it becomes organic for you, you can taste any product you want, without unnecessary fears for weight gain, as you will completely control yourself. It is advisable to switch to three meals a day, varied, but not plentiful: breakfast, lunch, dinner plus a glass of kefir for the night. Refuse “snacks” and “interceptions”: an adult may well move the intervals between meals in 4-6 hours. In order to “ease” your condition during these intervals, you need to fill them with some kind of action. Taking care of nutrition should take a worthy place in a person’s life, but still not paramount.
- 2. To feel the charm of this or that dish, you need to eat slowly, biting off small pieces, chewing them thoroughly and paying attention to the taste and aroma of food consciously.
- Compliance with this rule will allow you to develop a new skill, which will become automated over time, so that later you will not need to make efforts so as not to rush. Slowly chewing food, in turn, will improve digestion, allowing you to achieve a feeling of fullness with a smaller amount of food. Then there will be no place for fear: “I have not eaten,” and the pleasure from food will be received in full.
- 3. You should never eat while walking. Food on the go gets out of breath, air is swallowed, which does not contribute to digestion at all.
- 4. It is better to leave the table light – the feeling of satiety will come a little later. You do not need to strive to achieve full satiety and fullness of the stomach. To begin with, you should limit yourself to bread, rolls and other flour products – cookies, rolls, cakes. One slice of bread, for example, for lunch will be enough. The prevailing opinion that it is impossible to be satisfied without bread is fundamentally wrong. And if you allow the opposite idea into your consciousness, then make sure it is correct. Otherwise, you will feel hungry all the time.
- The statement: “I don’t eat if there is no bread (meat or some other product)” – indicates that a person does not have either the motivation to change eating behavior, or the correct understanding of the mechanisms of satiety, the nutritional value of products, their true nutritional needs, which are different from the habits they have developed that led to significant weight gain. Or maybe the constant overeating allows him to “get away” from existing problems.
- 5. Food should be prepared so that you do not have to finish eating for family members. Prepared food should be divided into portions. If you want to lose weight, then you should reduce the volume of the dishes (for example, do not use the soup plate for the second course, so as not to put a lot of side dishes). Sometimes you should put on a plate as much as you want to eat, and then throw half back into the pan and do not touch it again.
- 6. Do not eat in front of the TV, as you may not notice the amount of food consumed. If the habit of chewing in front of the TV is too strong, then you can use, for example, “Orbit” without sugar, or a cabbage leaf, or sauerkraut, but without butter and sugar.
- 7. The pleasure obtained from food is often associated not so much with the food itself as with the environment in which it is taken. Very often at a party or when guests come to you, a situation is created when you just want to break your eating behavior. This should not be done. You need to immediately select those dishes that will be compatible with your chosen goal – changing eating behavior. In this case, vegetable salads and lean fish are well suited. It is better to refuse the cake under a plausible pretext. To advertise that you are on a diet or that you can’t do this, you shouldn’t, you shouldn’t, because there will always be well-wishers who will persuade you to eat this cake.
- 8. In order to avoid breakdowns when changing eating behavior, you need to remember why you are doing it and how difficult it was to start. Continue so you don’t have to start over. If your weight is heavy, even small reductions will be enjoyable. If, on the contrary, you want to gain weight, then remember that it is difficult, and rejoice in every increase. If you stop all efforts, then later you will have a feeling of guilt associated with the fact that what you started has not been completed. A remorse is often worse than physical ailment.
- 9. When normalizing weight, you should not weigh yourself often, it is better to monitor your waist and hips. If there are no changes this week, do not be upset – they will appear the next. Remember that in the marathon distance the fastest wins, but the most enduring. The volume of the waist and hips in women will also not begin to change immediately.
- 10. Write labels on food packages. If you are overweight, then the inscriptions may be as follows: “Do not touch with your hands”, “Do not eat me”, “Where is your character?” Those who want to increase their weight need to hang a poster on the refrigerator: “Come to me”, and on the packaging of products: “Eat me.”
- 11. It’s good to get to know someone who has the same problem and try to help each other. It is much easier to follow the tips for losing weight together.
- 12. Do not restrict fluid intake . From water do not lose weight and do not get fat. And the restriction of the liquid makes it difficult to remove the under-oxidized metabolic products and promotes the deposition of salts, since the latter can only be excreted in a soluble state. In addition, water makes the stomach feel full, which can inhibit appetite.
- 13. Since the process of eating causes pleasure, then in the presence of eating disorders, as in any other dependent state, the so-called substitution is very important. To supplant the constant thought of food, you need to look for other dominants. If you come home from work and are really hungry, you shouldn’t jump on food right away. Better to quietly go to the shower, then maybe call a friend or friend, exchange news, and then try to read at least a few pages of a novel – all this will distract you from thinking about food.
- After that, you can eat something vegetable with a small amount of calories and meat, and even better – fish without fat. To avoid constant thoughts about food, you can try not to “seize the melancholy”, but to bring it down with something pleasant: listen to your favorite music, go for a walk, go to the museum. However, one should not confuse true hunger, when you have not eaten for a long time and the body requires food, with food “out of nothing to do.” When a person experiences true hunger, this means that the tissues and cells lack nutrition: the feeling of hunger must be “extinguished” only by eating (when losing weight, low-calorie food is used).
- 14. On the path to achieving your ideal weight, an active lifestyle is essential. Changes in eating behavior appear to be much more effective against the background of increased physical activity.
- 15. It is impossible to deal with deviations from the ideal weight from case to case, depending on the presence of a particular fashionable diet. Losing weight or gaining weight and maintaining a normal weight is possible only with a change in eating behavior.
Changes in eating behavior
Food shopping rules for those who want to achieve ideal weight:
- Never go grocery shopping on an empty stomach. If you are hungry, you tend to buy more than you need.
- Do not purchase excessive amounts of food.
- Don’t buy foods that your family members don’t like – you will have to eat them.
- Buy low-fat dairy products.
- Buy vegetables – green, yellow, red. Increase the proportion of leafy vegetables (lettuce, cabbage).
- Buy lean beef, rabbit, turkey, broiler chicken.
- Buy more fish, and do not neglect other seafood and seaweed. Avoid sausages and sausages, wieners – they contain hidden fats. Remember: 2 sausages are 50 g of fat, 100 g of diabetic sausage without visible fat is about 25 g of fat, 100 g of smoked sausage is from 25 to 50 g of fat.
- Don’t forget fruits, mainly apples and citrus fruits. Limit bananas, grapes, persimmons.
- Buy a little bread! Better rye, with bran or whole grains.
- Don’t buy pastries.
- It is better to cut the cheese in the store – the slices will be thinner – this will allow you to eat less.
After rereading all the tips for losing weight, anyone who wants to maintain their weight loss results should find their own strategy to do so.