Lemon meringue cheesecake
Yesterday evening we went live with the new website and that is why I thought it was time for a party today with of course a delicious cheesecake. Because no party is complete without a cheesecake! A lemon meringue cheesecake to be precise.
Make the lemon meringue cheesecake
Making the lemon meringue cheesecake is not complicated. Although it is a no bake cheesecake, this time it does have a crust around it. I easily use ready-made dough on a roll for this. I pre-bake this in the oven until it is golden brown. Keep in mind that you will not put it back in the oven afterwards. So you bake it.
Then you make the delicious lemon meringue filling for the cheesecake. I use a combination of lemon curd and lemon zest for that nice sour accent in this otherwise quite sweet cheesecake. It’s a bit like the key lime pie I once made. But it is actually an easier version.
You then let the cheesecake stiffen in the refrigerator for about four hours and then you make the meringue topping. You only have to work this nicely with a burner and your lemon meringue cheesecake is ready!
Ready to celebrate with me that the new website is ready. Am so happy with it! I hope you too.
Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Recipe
PREPARATION TIME: 45 min
- Springform cake tin 20 cm
- 1 x dough from Tante Fanny for quiche / pie
- 900 gr cream cheese
- 350 gr lemon curd
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 200 gr icing sugar
- 7 sheets of gelatin
- Grate of 2 limes
- 5 proteins
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 200 gr icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Line a 20 cm diameter tin with baking parchment. At least do this at the bottom. You can also grease the sides well.
- Place the dough in the tin and make sure the sides are well covered. The dough shrinks slightly, so it is okay to overhang. You can break it off later if necessary.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and weight it with baking beans (or dried legumes or rice) and bake it blind for 20 minutes. Remove the baking paper and beans and bake for another 20 minutes until nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Put cream cheese, lime zest, whipped cream (unbeaten) and icing sugar in a bowl and mix well. Don’t beat it too long. Soak the gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Heat the lemon curd in a pan until it is warm (but not boiling). Squeeze the gelatin and dissolve it in the lemon curd. Add to the cream cheese mixture and fold well until blended.
- Deposit into your prepared cake pan and put in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Make the bowl of your mixer spotless. Wash it with dish soap and rub it a little longer with half a lemon. Then you know for sure that there are no more greasy residues in the bowl. Don’t forget the beater.
- Put the egg whites in the bowl and beat until soft peaks. Add the lemon juice and the icing sugar and beat until stiff peaks.
- Divide the meringue over your cheesecake and, if necessary, use a burner to make brown spikes. This is not necessary.
The stated nutritional value is based on standard tables and therefore an estimated total. No rights can be derived from the information in the nutritional table.