Baked lime cheesecake
Baked lime cheesecake
So it’s time for a new baking recipe again on Sunday. I thought it was time for a cheesecake again. This time a baked lime cheesecake. I often choose a no bake cheesecake, because the taste is generally slightly fresher than when you bake it. That is also delicious, but often just a bit heavier.
Unless you add a nice fresh taste like here with the lime. If you like lemon more, you can also use it. That is entirely up to you.
Making the baked cheesecake
The art of making a cheesecake from the oven is not to set the temperature too high. But even then you cannot always prevent a crack in the top after cooling. I’ve tried everything from water baths to even colder temperatures. But in the end it sometimes does and sometimes it doesn’t. Anyway; the taste will be no less. So don’t let that put you off too much. I always say; some more whipped cream on it and no one sees it.
For the lime cheesecake I use whole grain biscuits this time, but you can substitute this for any other cookie you like. Bastogne is my favorite, but speculaas is also delicious. However, a somewhat neutral taste fits better with the lime flavor. So a regular sponge cake or a whole grain sponge cake is a better choice.
You can garnish this cheesecake with chopped pistachio nuts or you can add some slices of lime on top. You can also sugar them for a while by ‘boiling’ them in some sugar syrup. This makes it soft and you can also eat the slices.
Baked lime cheesecake recipe
PREPARATION TIME: 1 hour 15 min CALORIES: 449 kcal
• 200 g whole grain digestives roughly broken
• 100 g of butter melted
• 500 g full cream cheese
• 100 ml whipped cream
• 100 g fine granulated sugar
• 2 eggs L or 3 eggs (M)
• 4 limes, zest of 4 and juice of 2 limes
• 50 g peeled unsalted pistachios chopped. Optional
1. Preheat the oven to 150 ° C. Line the bottom of a 22 cm springform pan with baking paper.
2. Put the whole grain digestives in a food processor or chopper and grind to a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and press the pulse button a few times. Pour the crumb into the spring form, spread evenly over the bottom and press well with the convex side of a spoon.
3. Bake the bottom in the oven for 10-15 minutes until light brown. Let cool for 10 minutes.
4. In the meantime, beat the cream cheese, whipped cream, granulated sugar, eggs, lime zest and lime juice with a mixer until smooth. Spoon this on the cooled bottom. Bake the cheesecake in the oven for 1 more hour.
5. Let cool completely and put in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Cut the cake loose from the cake tin all around with a knife and remove the collar from the tin.
6. Garnish optionally with pistachio nuts or some extra lime slices
NUTRITIONAL VALUE PER SERVING
Calories: 449 kcal
Carbohydrates: 32 g
Protein: 7 g
Fat: 34 g
Saturated fats: 18 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 123 mg
Sodium: 344 mg
Potassium: 197 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 19 g
Vitamin A: 1150 IU
Vitamin C: 8 mg
Calcium: 82 mg
Iron: 1 mg
The stated nutritional value is based on standard tables and therefore an estimated total. No rights can be derived from the information in the nutritional table.