Key recommendations for gaining weight
It’s not easy for everyone. Being too thin brings health problems as well as aesthetic problems. If you’re underweight for your body mass index, don’t miss the key tips for gaining weight.
Like losing weight, gaining weight is a process that requires effort and time, no matter how easy it looks from the outside. It is very important that the weight gained is healthy and proportionally distributed throughout the body.
Dietitian Rıdvan Arslan lists the key recommendations for you to reach your ideal weight if you do not have a health problem that makes it difficult to gain weight.
- It should be fed frequently and regularly.
- High-calorie and clean-content foods should be preferred in meals.
- Low-volume and high-calorie foods should be preferred for breakfast (honey, butter, peanut butter, tahini, molasses).
- Breakfasts should be enriched with sources of healthy fats such as avocados, walnuts or cashews.
- Too many cold cuts should not be consumed for breakfast.
- Freshly squeezed fruit juices can be consumed for breakfast or snacks.
- Fluid intake should be stopped half an hour before meals and fluids should not be taken with meals.
- Bread or rice should be consumed in main meals.
- Fruit consumption should be alone.
- A handful of nuts can be consumed between meals.
- Meals should not be started with soup. It should start with the main meal.
- Salad and soup consumption should be left at the end of the meal.
- Salads can be enriched with foods such as chickpeas, green lentils, avocados, raisins and avocados.
- Juicy dishes should be consumed with a spoon.
- Consumption of white bread or corn bread instead of whole grain bread will make you feel hungry more quickly.
- Consumed breads can be enriched with sunflower seeds, flax seeds or dried fruits if they are made at home.
- A snack should be made 2-3 hours before going to bed at night. Smoothie recipes that you will prepare at home, rich in nuts and fruits, cheese sandwich, peanut butter on toast or bread will help you gain weight.
- Starting sports will increase your appetite. Exercise should be done regularly.