How to Use a Pressure Cooker? Tips for Using a Pressure Cooker
Pressure cookers are among the indispensable cooking tools of almost every active kitchen. Although it is known that it causes some great dangers in the kitchen if it is used incorrectly, it is preferred so much lies in the advantages it offers.
Chief among these is that it reduces the cooking time by up to seventy percent compared to normal pots. When you cook food in the pressure cooker, you consume much less energy; This will have a positive effect on your kitchen expenses, as it will directly reflect on your monthly electricity and natural gas bills.
How to Use a Pressure Cooker?
- First of all, you should make sure that the pressure cooker that you will use for cooking is sound and has not lost its functions, that the parts such as the pressure cooker rubber and whistle are clean and not worn.
- Prepare the ingredients for the food you will cook and put them in the pot.
- Although the amount of water you will add on it varies according to the pot model, this amount should not be less than half a glass of water.
- After adding the water of the food, proceed to the process of closing the lid, which is one of the most important points for pressure cooker use.
- It is extremely important to close the lid properly so that the pan does not get air.
- Incorrectly closed lids may cause various accidents during cooking or the food not being cooked as desired.
- After closing the lid, put the pot on the stove (if any) and bring the apparatus known as the pressure cooker whistle to an upright position.
- After a while, when the whistle starts to blow and give high steam, lower the whistle and turn down the stove.
- Observe the cooking time you have determined in line with the pressure cooker cooking times specified in the user manual of your pressure cooker or as a result of your experience.
- The first answer to the question of how to open the pressure cooker is that you need to be patient.
- After the time you set, turn off the bottom of the stove, but never move the pot immediately! Wait a while for the steam to dissipate. Make sure that this time is not less than 10 minutes.
- Then turn the whistle of the pot to the vertical position and wait for the steam output to be completed.
- If you try to open the cover before the pressure inside is sufficiently relieved, the cover may jump out of its place due to the pressure, causing unwanted explosions and burns.
- For this reason, you should not rush in any way and be absolutely sure that the steam output is complete before opening the lid.
The Pressure Cooker Is Leaking Air What Should I Do?
- If your pressure cooker is old model and leaking air, it is likely that the tires on the mouth of the pot have worn out due to long use. In this case, what you need to do is to take the pressure cooker to the pan – pot repairers.
- If your pressure cooker is new and leaking air, you should contact the authorized company you purchased it from.
- For products under warranty, you can request support from the contact numbers and the store where you purchased them.
Tips for Using a Pressure Cooker
- It is worth emphasizing that the pressure cooker whistle should always be kept clean.
- Because this small part has a big role when it comes to the working principle of the pressure cooker.
- If the whistle is clogged, it gives the wrong signal time or if it does not function properly, you may have dangerous consequences and you may not get the desired result from the food you cook.
- Whatever the food you are cooking, the inside of the pot should never be more than 2/3 full.
- Even when cooking legumes such as dry beans, this ratio should be determined as 1/2 (half).
- You should make sure that there is enough room in the pot for the steam to cook the food.
- Finally, since the use of a pressure cooker does not allow to open the lid and check whether the food is cooked or not, it will be beneficial for you to follow the cooking times specified in the user manual.
- Also, if possible, set your kitchen clock alarm while keeping these times. No matter how much you trust your memory, don’t leave it to chance.
What is a Pressure Cooker?
- It is a type of pot that cooks food by working in accordance with the principle of using steam power.
- Since the food is cooked without contact with air, the nutritional value of the food is preserved. With this method, you can cook all kinds of vegetables and meat dishes easily, quickly and healthily.
- With proper and careful use, you can eliminate dangers such as pressure cooker explosion and enjoy the advantages of pressure cooker cooking to the fullest.
How to Choose a Pressure Cooker?
- Although it is produced by many different brands today, the principle of use of the pressure cooker is the same, and the mechanisms are generally similar to each other.
- One of the important points here is that the product has a warranty.
- In addition, if the brand is a brand that you know and trust, it will give better results.
- Apart from this, the on-off and program buttons used in the lid parts of the new generation pressure cookers produced in recent years may vary.
- By examining the features of the product you are going to buy, you should choose one that you think has an easy, practical and advantageous use.
What Meals Can Be Made in a Pressure Cooker?
- The pressure cooker, which is a time-saving product in the kitchen, helps many dishes to be cooked in a shorter time.
- You can easily cook the dishes that require boiling and boiling in the pressure cooker.
- Are you going to make a pie? To prepare the potato paste, you can boil the potatoes in the pressure cooker.
- Did you want to make a stew ? You can bring your red or white meat together with vegetables after boiling it in a pressure cooker.
- You can also use a pressure cooker to make the legumes soft.
- You can also cook the Ashura ingredients in the pressure cooker as soon as possible and continue the remaining stages in the normal pot.
- You can also prepare delicious soups such as lentil soup in minutes.
- All you have to do is review the instructions for use of the pressure cooker in your home and check the cooking time!