How Many Calories in Bulgur Rice?
Bulgur pilaf is a savior dish in our country. Bulgur pilaf prepared with vegetables, vermicelli and meat is frequently preferred in kitchens because it is satisfying. Less cooking time is also one of the reasons why it is loved. It is also known that bulgur pilaf is easier to digest when compared to rice pilaf. In addition, bulgur; It is a valuable legume in terms of B vitamins and fiber value. Well, have you ever thought about how many calories are in bulgur pilaf that is eaten with pleasure?
In this article, we offer you calorie information for bulgur pilaf, which is the best complement to kebabs and vegetables. Here is the calorie information of bulgur pilaf that you can make with vegetables, lentils and more.
How Many Calories in Bulgur Rice?
Bulgur pilaf is the favorite dish of students, singles and those who are new to the kitchen. It’s practical, it’s delicious. It gives a different flavor when combined with all kinds of ingredients. So when you ask how many calories are in 1 bowl of bulgur pilaf, if your bulgur pilaf is plain; We can answer 149 calories. Also;
- 1 tablespoon of bulgur pilaf 11 calories
- A full tablespoon of bulgur pilaf 23 calories
- Heaping tablespoon of bulgur pilaf 34 calories
- A large portion of approximately 250 grams of bulgur pilaf will be 286 calories.
How Many Calories in Bulgur Rice with Vegetables?
You can make a variety of bulgur pilaf. You can make the pilaf even more satisfying by adding some onions, peppers and tomatoes. When you ask how many calories are in 1 portion of bulgur pilaf with vegetables, which will give a delicious taste with a glass of ayran in the summer heat, the answer we will give you; That would be 137 calories. At the same time, for those who eat in moderation, the calorie information of bulgur pilaf with vegetables is as follows:
- 1 tablespoon 14 calories
- 150 grams medium portion 107 calories
- 90 grams of half plate of bulgur pilaf will be 64 calories.
How Many Calories in Bulgur Rice with Tomatoes?
Bulgur pilaf with tomatoes can be a good choice when you want to flavor your main dishes, meat dishes or even your summer evenings. When you calculate how many calories are in 100 g bulgur pilaf, where you double the taste with fresh tomatoes, you can see 73 calories. Also;
- 1 tablespoon of bulgur pilaf 15 calories
- Heaping 1 tablespoon of bulgur pilaf 18 calories
- Medium portion of bulgur pilaf 169 calories
- 50 grams of bulgur pilaf is 37 calories.
How Many Calories in Bulgur Rice with Lentils?
Bulgur pilaf with lentils, made by adding green lentils, is also a type of pilaf loved by many. Thanks to the B vitamins found in lentils and bulgur, it can be a healthy and satisfying pilaf choice. If you are one of those who count calories, you can think about how many calories a serving of bulgur pilaf with lentils is while eating. If your portion amount is 140 grams; The calories you will receive will be 244 kcal. When you examine the other dimensions, you can see the following figures.
- 1 tablespoon of bulgur pilaf with lentils 26 calories
- Half portion of 70 grams 122 calories
- 100 grams serving 174 calories
- A 50-gram serving is 87 calories.
How Many Calories in Chicken Bulgur Rice?
Do you have bulgur pilaf but not chicken? For those who love bulgur pilaf with chicken, let’s add the calorie calculation under this title. For those who control calories when they eat; The calorie information of bulgur pilaf with chicken will be as follows:
- 100 grams of bulgur pilaf served with grilled chicken has 231 calories.
How Many Calories in Bulgur Pilaf with Chickpea?
Chickpeas and bulgur are legumes loved by many. Although they are healthy, some moderation is necessary when eating. It may cause a bloating effect in the stomach shortly after eating. For those wondering about the calorie information of bulgur pilaf with chickpeas:
- 1 tablespoon is 35 calories
- When you say how many calories in 3 spoons of bulgur pilaf, 104 calories
- 1 tablespoon of heaping 52 calories
- A medium portion will be calculated as 277 calories.
Does Bulgur Rice Make You Gain Weight? Can it be eaten on a diet?
- In the opinion of dietitians, the healthiest diet consists of consuming small amounts of each nutrient. Because the body needs a little bit of every nutrient.
- For this reason, a question mark may arise in the minds of dieters, whether bulgur should be included in the nutrition program or whether it is harmful. It would be beneficial to know the place of bulgur in the diet a little more closely.
- Bulgur is among the healthy carbohydrates. The healthy substances found in wheat are also found in bulgur. Bulgur, which has a long-lasting effect as it contains plenty of fiber, can be preferred for dietary nutrition.
- In terms of being a healthy food for the intestines, bulgur is a carbohydrate source that supports weight loss in the diet. Of course, it is necessary not to miss the measure because it is healthy and useful.
- As long as you pay attention to your diet and consume bulgur, it will be possible to lose weight with bulgur.
- When adding bulgur to the diet, it is recommended to cook with less oil. Pilafs will become healthier when they are made with low salt content and plenty of vegetables.
- In addition, bread should never be consumed in a meal with bulgur. Unsalted buttermilk or iced tzatziki would be ideal for calorie balance.
- Finally, when comparing the calories of bulgur pilaf with rice pilaf, it is necessary to mention a wrong choice in diets.
- The amount of calories in bulgur pilaf is almost the same as rice pilaf and it is better not to overdo it because bulgur is consumed instead of rice.
- The only reason why bulgur pilaf is preferred over rice pilaf in diets is that it is rich in fiber and has a low glycemic index.