Honey Milk: 7 Little-Known Benefits of Drinking Milk with Honey
Honey milk, which is a delicious drink, is loved by people of all age groups. If you are not allergic to honey or milk, you can consume 1 glass of honey milk every day with peace of mind. This beverage, which suppresses the desire for sweets, is also very beneficial for your body and mental health.
Honey milk, which has antibacterial and antioxidant properties, has been used as a natural healing source for many diseases for centuries. Honey milk benefits during pregnancy are brought up by many experts. If you do not have allergies or any health problems, of course, you can consume honey milk during pregnancy by consulting your doctor beforehand.
It is quite easy to prepare this miraculous milk. Add 1 teaspoon or 1 tablespoon of honey to 1 glass of warm milk and mix well. Your drink is ready!
In this article, we have examined the miraculous drink honey milk for you: “Is honey milk useful and what is honey milk good for? “ We sought answers to questions. Here are 8 reasons that will make you drink milk with honey right away…
The point you need to pay attention to while preparing this drink; Add the honey when the milk is warm. Adding honey to boiling or very hot drinks is harmful to health.
7 Little-Known Benefits of Drinking Milk with Honey
1) Increases Body Resistance
- The protein in milk and the carbohydrate in honey are the two essential substances required to activate the metabolism.
- Starting the day with honey and milk, especially in the morning, can help your day be energetic by increasing body resistance.
- If you wish, you can increase the effect of your drink by adding ginger to honey milk.
2) Nourish and Protect the Skin
- When milk and honey come together, they make a perfect pair. The most important features of this duo are that they are cleansing and antimicrobial. Both milk and honey have many positive benefits on the skin.
- Drinking milk with honey nourishes the skin from the inside. It helps the skin to have a bright and healthy appearance.
- It prevents the formation of wrinkles by fighting free radicals. It reduces the signs of aging.
3) Helps Digestion
- Honey, which is a probiotic food, helps the good bacteria in the gut to multiply. The carbohydrates and oligosaccharides in honey activate the good bacteria in the gut.
- In addition, probiotics stimulate bifidobacterium, a separate probiotic species found in milk.
- All these factors help the digestive system to function well. Honey with milk is also an effective drink against constipation.
4) Strengthens Bones
- One of the important properties of honey is that it is a good nutrient carrier. Let’s explain what this means.
- Honey can carry nutrients from food to all parts of the body. Calcium in milk can be carried to every part of the body thanks to this feature of honey.
- Honey optimizes calcium absorption. Thus, the occurrence of diseases such as joint inflammation or osteoporosis is prevented.
5) Helps You Sleep Comfortably
- Drinking milk with honey before going to sleep facilitates the transition to sleep.
- If you are suffering from insomnia or want to go to sleep more easily, you can drink 1 glass of warm milk with honey before going to bed.
6) Good for Stomach Infection
- Thanks to its antibacterial and antioxidant properties, it fights infections in the stomach.
- It reduces harmful bacteria in the stomach.
7) It has a calming effect on the nerves
- Drinking milk with honey helps to secrete the hormone serotonin.
- It also lowers the level of cortisol, the stress hormone.
- The enzymes in honey have a mood-lifting role. Milk with honey reduces stress by helping to relax.
Honey Milk Calories and Nutritional Values
- Milk and honey are both foods rich in vitamins and minerals; However, due to the sugar in honey and the lactic acid in milk, those who are allergic to these substances should be controlled while consuming.
- Rich in minerals, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, milk contains vitamins A, B2, B12, C, D and K.
- 1 glass of milk has an average of 150 kcal calories.
- This amount of milk; It contains 13 grams of carbohydrates, 8 grams of protein, 290 mg of calcium and 8 grams of fat.
- 1 tablespoon of honey is 64 kcal calories.
- Honey contains carbohydrates, protein, vitamin C, potassium, calcium and iron.
What Is Honey Milk Good For?
Is honey milk good for cough and flu?
- No, it won’t. ENT Specialist Assoc. Dr. Aytuğ Altundağ does not recommend the use of milk for flu-like diseases because it contains lactic acid.
- At the same time, milk increases mucus secretion in some patients, so it is beneficial to consume it in dose and in a controlled manner.
- If you are experiencing flu, cold or flu, you should consume unsweetened herbal teas instead of honey milk.
Does honey milk increase height?
- Honey is a very useful food; however, it cannot be said that it has an effect on height increase.
- It has been said for years that milk is a nutrient that increases height, but there is no clear information about the accuracy of this information.
- In fact, thanks to the calcium in the milk content, it strengthens the bones.
- If necessary vitamins and minerals are taken and sports are done during development, milk can help increase height.
- However, it should not be forgotten that height depends on genetic factors and sports.
Is honey milk good for the stomach?
- Another positive effect of hot milk is that it relaxes the stomach.
- On the other hand, the antiviral substances in honey prevent stomach problems.
- It is effective against stomach infections.