Foot Fungus: 7 Herbal Remedies
Foot fungus is a disease that is seen in many parts of society and disturbs the skin. This disease, which usually occurs in those who stand for a long time, can be cured with medical drugs and herbal supplements. It is recommended to start treatment early to get rid of skin fungus between the toes and heels. In cases where it is delayed, pain and bad smell begin to occur in the feet.
On this page, we have examined the herbal supplements that will help you when you say what to do for the definitive solution to foot fungus. Foot fungus treatment can be easily applied at home with a few materials. We will now introduce you to the most effective ingredients to get you started with this treatment. To get rid of athlete’s foot and the discomfort it causes, you should review our article to the end.
If you feel splitting, peeling between the toes, bad smell and frequent itching, you may have a fungus on your feet. To solve this problem, you can review our list of natural remedies for athlete’s foot now!
What Is Good For Foot Fungus? Herbal 7 Final Solution
- Henna, a herbal treatment method for athlete’s foot that has survived from ancient times to the present, is a method used by our elders.
- Henna is a natural solution that treats foot fungus and removes foot odor.
- If your feet have just started itching and fungus formation; You can prevent this process from progressing by applying henna.
- Henna is a herbal product that does not harm your feet and protects it from bacteria.
2) Carbonated Water
- Foot fungus can be treated with the help of baking soda.
- It is recommended that those suffering from athlete’s foot rest for a while in carbonated water every evening.
- Thanks to the carbonated water, the cleaning of the fungus is accelerated and the foot cleaning is done with natural materials.
- Baking soda will also relieve odor and itching.
3) Apple Cider Vinegar
- Foot fungus can be prevented with vinegar. When you clean your feet with apple cider vinegar, you can remove the fungus by taking advantage of the antibacterial properties of vinegar.
- Every evening, put 1 glass of apple cider vinegar and enough water to pass your feet in a bowl that you will use only for your feet.
- Soak your feet in water for 20 minutes and then dry your feet with a clean towel.
- Apple cider vinegar will cure the fungus in a short time by removing the bacteria.
4) Tea Tree Oil
- Herbal treatment of athlete’s foot has come to the fore by many experts such as Saraçoğlu. Tea tree oil, one of the herbal oils, is also frequently emphasized in the recommendations.
- You can sleep by massaging your feet washed with tea tree oil.
- Tea tree oil is known to remove odor and is very effective in foot care.
- If you also suffer from athlete’s foot, you can apply tea tree oil to your feet every night.
5) Lavender Oil
- Lavender oil is used in the field of herbal treatment with its unique pleasant smell. Now it will cure the problems of those who complain of foot fungus.
- Lavender oil, which removes the itching and odor caused by athlete’s foot, will prevent this problem in regular use.
- You can wipe your feet and between the toes with lavender oil.
- If you do this regularly, you will have cleared the foot fungus in a short time.
6) Thyme Oil & Olive Oil
- To clear the foot fungus, you should use antioxidant materials that fight bacteria. Thyme oil and olive oil are also included in this list of ingredients.
- Before going to sleep every night, apply a mixture of 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of thyme oil to your feet.
- Your feet will absorb this oil overnight and relieve the fungus after a few days.
- You can wear cotton socks on your feet to see the effect of the oil.
7) Lemon Oil
- Lemon oil, which is one of the antioxidant oils, will clean the bad smell of foot fungus with its refreshing smell.
- After each shower, you can massage your feet with lemon oil.
- If you wish, you can prepare a mixture of lemon oil and water and soak your feet in this water for 20 minutes.
- Lemon oil is an herbal treatment that quickly cures athlete’s foot.
How is Foot Fungus Treated?
- It is quite easy to treat athlete’s foot. First of all, it is recommended to give importance to foot care.
- It will be healthier to choose shoes that allow the feet to breathe on summer days.
- Feet need to be washed and ventilated frequently.
- To prevent itching, cotton socks should be worn and changed regularly.
- Itching-relieving ointments available from pharmacies can be used.
- You should see a doctor and get medical support for foot fungus that has grown to the size of a cleft in the heels and fingers.
- Nail care should be done regularly and shoes should be ventilated.
- Thanks to antibacterial drugs, athlete’s foot can be cured in a short time.
Foot Fungus Causes – How Does It Occur?
Fungi that form on the skin like a closed and dark environment. For this reason, one of the factors that cause the formation of foot fungus is shoes. When you say why foot fungus occurs, the following factors will attract your attention:
- Frequent presence of feet in a humid and hot environment
- Wearing closed shoes for a long time
- Walking barefoot in common areas such as pools and locker rooms
- Weakening of the immune system
- Neglecting foot health
- Postponing nail care
- Shared use of pedicure products in hairdressers
- Wearing house slippers for a long time
- Preferring tight shoes that force the foot
What Are the Symptoms of Foot Fungus?
Foot fungus presents itself with some visible symptoms. When detected early, this can be prevented before the fungus spreads. Let’s talk about the symptoms of athlete’s foot. If these symptoms are also seen in you, you should start treatment immediately!
- Itching on the feet and between the toes
- rash on feet
- Unpleasant foot odor
- Water bubbles at various points
- peeled wounds
- Burning sensation in the soles of the feet and fingers