- 8-10 people
- 1 hour Preparation, 30 minutes Cooking
Hello everyone 🌸 I am with you with a recipe that will suit your New Year’s table. Both sponge cake and cream were very delicious.
Ingredients for the Christmas Cake Recipe
- 500 grams of spinach
For sponge cake;
- 3 eggs
- 1 glass of sugar
- 1 cup of spinach puree
- 1 teacup of oil
- 1.5 cups of flour
- Baking powder
For the cream;
- 4 glasses of milk
- 1 glass of sugar
- 1/2 (half) cup of spinach puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 3 tablespoons of starch
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 2 packs of whipped cream
- You can decorate with any materials you like.
- First, let’s boil the spinach, drain the water and leave it to cool.
- For the cream; Add 2 packets of whipped cream to 1.5 cups of milk and beat with a mixer. Let’s keep the foamy whipped cream in the refrigerator.
- Add the milk and half of the sugar to the saucepan. After adding 1 tablespoon of butter, heat the milk until it reaches boiling point.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix the flour, starch and the rest of the sugar. Add 1 egg and beat again. It gets very dense at first, it doesn’t mix, but as you continue to mix it will get a fluid consistency.
- Let’s add the warmed milk little by little to the mixture. While adding the milk, make sure to mix it quickly so that the egg does not cook.
- After adjusting the heat balance, strain the mixture through a strainer and add it to the remaining milk.
- Let it cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens. After turning off the stove, add 1 packet of vanilla and whisk for the last time.
- Cover the cream with cling film so that it does not crust over.
- Let’s mash the boiled spinach with rondo. Let’s set aside 1 cup for cake and half a tea cup for cream.
- For sponge cake, whisk 3 egg whites with a mixer until foamy.
- Add the egg yolks and sugar to a separate mixing bowl and beat with a mixer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the oil and spinach puree and whisk again. Add the flour baking powder and vanilla. As I say in every recipe, let’s add the flour in a controlled manner.
- Let’s add the egg white in 2 parts to the sponge cake mix without extinguishing the foam. Let’s not use a mixer at this stage.
- I have prepared two types to be an option. Let’s fill the muffin molds with the mixture until it reaches half.
- I spread the remaining mixture on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake in a preheated 180 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk the cooled cream with a mixer, add little by little from the whipped cream.
- Add the spinach puree and beat for the last time.
- It is useful to add little by little to adjust the color tone as you wish.
- To give the shape of a pine tree; I used 3 different sized bowls. You can reduce the size if you wish.
- Let’s fill the cakes that we cut with bowls with cream and shape the top with a piping bag.
- Let’s decorate the cupcakes with cream.
- Now it’s time to add some color. I chose to decorate it with pomegranate popcorn and jelly beans, this stage is up to everyone’s imagination. Good luck to those who will try. See you in new recipes. Bye♥️