Benefits of Eggplant, Benefits of the Juice of the Stalk, Nutritional Value
Belonging to the purple plants family, known as nightshades and nightshades, eggplant has been cultivated throughout India and China for more than 1500 years. The most productive soil type of eggplant grown in various soil textures is soil types with pH 5.5 to pH 6.5. The seeds of the eggplant, which need an average of four months of sun, sprout in 7 or 14 days.
With its mysterious history, it is known that eggplant, which grows in different types such as white, purple and red, is the subject of more than 450 recipes. B.C. Known to have been used only for healing in 100 years, the eggplant has come to its current state and shape with many years of domestication studies. The change process of wild eggplant, which draws attention with its bitterness and more thorn in its former state, is mentioned in Chinese documents. Especially the eggplant cure has healing effects with its traces from history.
- All About Eggplant
- What are the Benefits of Eggplant?
- What Are the Benefits of Eggplant Stalk Juice, What Is It Good For? (Eggplant Cure)
- Eggplant Calories and Nutritional Information
- Eggplant Harms and Side Effects
- How to Prepare and Consume Eggplant Dishes in the Healthiest Way?
- Most Popular Eggplant Dish Recipes – 12 Delicious Suggestions
What are the Benefits of Eggplant?
The most well-known eggplant in the whole universe; It is almost a healing store with its many varieties such as long, short and round. Eggplant benefits, as well as all vegetables and fruits grown in nature, are effective in human health in many ways. It is seen that eggplant, which is known to increase general health and quality of life, reduces the risk of catching many diseases that integrate with lifestyle. Eggplant, which contains anthocyanins, flavonoid type and a strong free radical scavenger phenolic compounds, including chlorogenic acid, acts as an antioxidant necessary for the body. The benefits of eggplant are as follows:
- Heart Health: It supports all heart health with its fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6 content.
- Blood Cholesterol: While regular consumption of eggplant provides weight control, it is also effective in balancing the blood cholesterol (LDL) level.
- Cancer: The polyphenols in eggplant have an anti-cancer effect. It prevents the growth of the tumor or the spread of cancerous cells in the patient at risk of developing cancer.
- Cognitive Effect: Thenasunin substance found in the outer shell of the eggplant is a powerful antioxidant that protects the brain cell membranes from free radical damage. While it facilitates blood flow to the brain, it also prevents neuroinflammation. This is an important factor in the prevention of many mental disorders.
- Weight Management: Eggplants, which act as bulking agents in the digestive system, are highly effective in weight loss. Eggplant reduces appetite by taking fullness. It is preferred especially in diet lists as it allows to stay full for a longer time.
- Liver Health: Eggplant, which helps protect the liver from certain toxins, keeps the liver healthy.
- Diabetes: With its rich food source, it creates a suitable food source for diabetics.
What Are the Benefits of Eggplant Stalk Juice, What Is It Good For? (Eggplant Cure)
- Eggplant stalks, which have been thrown away for years due to their unknown benefits, have incredible properties. The benefits of eggplant stalk, which is being used more and more among natural treatment methods, are especially effective on cardiovascular health. Eggplant juice accelerates blood circulation and prevents arteriosclerosis.
- While preparing the eggplant stem juice, you can use the chopped edible stems. However, it may be necessary to use the peeled outer shell of eggplants, which have the strongest flavonoid antioxidant, to boil in water.
- The eggplant stalk, which makes it easier to go to the toilet, including joint inflammation, has the benefits of hemorrhoids. Eggplant stalk, which is drunk as a glass in the morning and evening, is known to have relaxing effects on the intestines.
Eggplant Calories and Nutritional Information
- Eggplant, which is indispensable for Mediterranean diet lists, is low in calories and rich in fiber.
- Eggplant, which is dense in terms of folic acid, potassium, magnesium and antioxidants, has high nutritional value.
- 100 grams of eggplant contains 17 kcal calories, 2.5 g carbohydrates, 2.8 g fiber, 1.2 g protein, 5.0 mg vitamin A, 224.0 mg potassium, 13.0 mg calcium and 0.4 mg iron.
Eggplant Harms and Side Effects
Due to the nicotine it contains, it is recommended that eggplant, which can cause certain side effects in the body in excessive consumption, should be consumed proportionally like all other vegetables and fruits. Care should be taken when consuming eggplant, which is known to poison or touch when consumed mostly raw. The harms and side effects of eggplant as a result of excessive consumption are as follows:
- May cause sores or sores in the mouth.
- Because it contains oxalate, it can trigger the disease of patients with gallbladder problems or form kidney stones.
- It can cause skin problems such as itching and headaches.
- It can cause swelling in the throat.
- Light and hard eggplants consumed before they are ripe can cause nausea.
- It can have an addictive effect due to the intense nicotine it contains.
- When consumed raw, solanine causes poisoning, but the effect of this substance wears off as it is cooked.
How to Prepare and Consume Eggplant Dishes in the Healthiest Way?
- If used correctly, it is recommended to roast and boil the eggplant, which has many health benefits.
- In order to consume the eggplant, which absorbs excess oil and loses many vitamins when fried in oil, in the healthiest way, it must be cooked on embers and peeled.
- If you soak it in salted water at least 30 minutes before being eaten, you will get rid of the bitter taste in the eggplant.
- Instead of frying in oil, you can throw it in the oven, so it will be a healthier menu.
- You can also use the peels to get more vitamins and minerals in eggplant dishes.
- You can feel more fit and energetic if you use eggplant as toast, especially for breakfast.
- You can get a healthier meal by choosing stainless steel in the process from chopping the eggplant to cooking.
- In order to better benefit from the antioxidant effects, you can evaluate cooking methods on the oven and embers.
Most Popular Eggplant Dish Recipes – 12 Delicious Suggestions
There are many recipes of eggplant, which is consumed by everyone from seven to seventy, from olive oil to salad. Eggplants, which every country uses in a recipe according to their own culture, can be used with many cuts such as cubed, round, slice, single piece, half. Here are the delicious eggplant dishes!
1) Deep Flavor, Easy Recipe, Eggplant Dish with Olive Oil
The eggplant dish, which offers a very delicious option for those who like olive oil dishes, can be consumed both cold and hot. You can easily make the dish, which is one of the easiest recipes to make with few ingredients.
2) The Taste of the Stomach Recipe
Eggplant dish, which is a wonderful recipe for shrimp lovers, is one of the dishes that attract attention in main menus. Karnıyarık, which is a delicious combination of eggplant and minced meat, is made as an indispensable part of guest tables with its appearance.
3) Hearty and Delicious Eggplant Kebab
You can prepare the meatball recipe, which is one of the very practical eggplant recipes, in minutes if your meatballs are ready in the freezer. Known for its low calorie and satisfying properties, eggplant kebab is in perfect harmony with meat.
4) Making the Most Delicious Eggplant Moussaka
Eggplant moussaka, which is a delicious recipe for addicts who cannot do without eggplant, stands out with its nutritious and satisfying aspect. Moussaka, one of the most delicious recipes, is one of the best examples of the harmony of eggplant and minced meat.
5) Delicious Baked Eggplant with Amazing Taste
Eggplant sitting, which is one of the prominent recipes of the guest tables, is usually served with rice. Eggplant sitting, which is consumed by everyone, is one of the healthy dishes.
6) Eggplant Salad is the Perfect Appetizer
The eggplant salad, which appeals to those who love diversity on the table, is quite healthy as it is prepared in roasted form. The eggplant salad, which makes a great harmony with meat, is also made at picnics because it is delicious.
7) Eggplant Pastry Made with Ready-made Dough Out of the Classic Line
Eggplant pie, which stands out with its delicious taste that leaves the taste on the palate, is made with roasted eggplant. A different alternative for those who are tired of classic pastries, eggplant pastry is one of the best recipes you can make for your loved ones.
8) Eggplant Meatballs with Delicious Taste
A great alternative for those who do not like eggplant, eggplant meatballs manage to attract both adults and children with its delicious taste. The eggplant meatball recipe is both practical and easy to cook.
9) How to Make a Wonderful Feast of Flavor Eggplant Bread Kebab?
Eggplant combined with garlic yoghurt and sauce is an excellent option for stale breads. With eggplant kebab with stale bread, both your tables and your bag will be cheered up.
10) How to Make Delicious Eggplant Beyti Kebab?
Beyti kebab, which is obtained by wrapping ready-made yufka, provides great convenience when your guests arrive. Beyti kebab, which tastes delicious, is a healthy and special recipe. Beyti kebab, in which the eggplants are softened in the oven, is preferred because it is healthy.
11) Easy and Delicious Stuffed Dried Eggplant
Stuffed eggplants, which you can use as dried after the season, can be easily made. Stuffing, which draws attention with its slightly sour taste, leaves the taste of those who eat it on the palate.
12) A Palace Worthy Hünkar Liked Production
Hünkar liked, which makes a difference with its appearance and taste, is, like its name, a table dish worthy of the royal family. Hünkar liked, which fascinates with its magnificent taste, can be made with both veal and chicken meat.