Barberry: Perfect for Infectious Diseases
Although scientific treatments are our priority, alternative medicine methods have been used as an adjunct and supportive for centuries. The most frequently referenced things in this category are natural plants. Plants, which are mostly consumed as a tea, can sometimes be consumed raw or cooked.
Barberry plant, whose Latin name is Berberis Vulgaris, is among the medicinal plants. It is also known as women’s saltpeter or karamık among the people. Since the barberry plant has many benefits, this natural source is used as an alternative medicine product.
Barberry, which is from the clove family, is a plant that can occur spontaneously in the soil. It is mostly seen in wheat fields. The height of the plant is in the range of 30-100 cm. Because the seeds are poisonous, it is dangerous to consume before they mature.
Barberry, which also bears fruit, can have left of different colors. Barberry is known as a natural source of healing, as barberry tea, which is prepared from both barberry fruit and barberry tea, supports the solution of many ailments.
What is barberry?
- Barberry is a type of fruiting plant. Almost every part of the plant, from the root to the fruit, can be consumed in different ways.
- Barberry tea and compote, which can be found in dry or wet herbals, is also made. In Russia, barberry fruit is used to add flavor to pilaf. The taste of barberry is slightly sour and tart.
- Among the benefits of the barberry plant and barberry fruit, it is among the most widely known to help destroy infections and strengthen the immune system. The barberry plant has been consumed by people for years in different ways.
- Since it is a thorny plant species, it is not easy to collect. It can take almost 7-8 hours to collect all the ripe fruit from a tree with gloves.
- Since barberry has many benefits, this troublesome process is also endured.
What Are the Benefits of Barberry?
- It fights all inflammation and infections in the body. It is especially good for throat and excretory system disorders.
- It is recommended to consume barberry juice by mixing it with hyacinth to alleviate liver failure.
- It supports the healthy functioning of the intestinal muscles. Thus, it provides relief from problems such as constipation and diarrhea.
- It is supportive for the heart, which is adversely affected by reasons such as cholesterol, blood pressure, and circulatory disorders, to become healthier.
- It is stomach-friendly and has a relaxing effect on the digestive system. It helps to eliminate problems such as mild nausea, burning, indigestion.
- It ensures that the blood flow is at a healthy speed. It cleans the veins and blood. Therefore, it is beneficial for heart health. It can also alleviate circulatory system problems such as varicose veins.
- It is appetizing. It is especially recommended for children who do not like to eat very much. It also has protective properties against diseases.
- It relieves tension and distress experienced during menopause and menstrual periods.
- It is also used as an adjunct to treatment and symptom relief for epilepsy. It can be used to control seizures.
- It is a plant especially preferred by women for urinary tract infections.
- It facilitates the relaxation of those who have blood pressure problems. It also alleviates the negative effects of the problem as it relieves circulation in blood pressure problems related to blood flow rate.
- It is also consumed to shed parasites that occur in the body for various reasons.
- It relaxes the throat and sinuses in the cold problems experienced during the transition of the seasons.
- It helps sweat glands to work in the healthiest way for those who have sweating problems.
- It fights bacteria formation on the skin. Thus, it suppresses the formation of acne and acne.
- It reduces tension and stress caused by nervous system disorders.
How to Brew Barberry Tea?
- The barberry plant, whose seeds are poisonous, should be used after it matures.
- You can consume your barberry tea by adding a pinch of barberry thorn, root, and fruit to 1 glass of boiled water and straining it after 5-10 minutes of brewing.
- The materials to be used while preparing barberry tea may vary. If you wish, you can use only the root and bark or only the barberry fruit while preparing your herbal tea, or you can prepare your tea with barberry leaves.