Aronia Fruit: Super Immune Booster!
Aronia, also known as chokeberry, is defined as a “superfruit” due to its positive effects on health. This fruit, whose homeland is North America, is now grown and known in our country. Thanks to the vitamins and minerals it contains, the Aronia fruit renews the cells and strengthens the body’s immune system. It also fights inflammation, viruses, and bacteria in the body.
What is Aronia?
- Aronia is a purple-colored fruit and resembles a grape in shape.
- Fresh fruit can be consumed as dried fruit or can be drunk as fruit juice.
- You can also make tea.
- It is known that this fruit, which has strong antioxidant content, was consumed by the Indians for healing purposes in history. In fact, this fruit is described as a “superfruit” due to its positive effects on health.
- From past to present, many types of research have been done on Aronia fruit and a new benefit has been discovered in each research.
What Are the Benefits of Aronia Fruit?
Aronia fruit abundant in folate, sodium, potassium, tocopherols, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and C, and K therein. All these vitamins and minerals are enough to make the Aronia fruit a special and healing fruit. Thanks to its beneficial effects, Aronia fruit is used both in the pharmaceutical industry and in the cosmetic industry.
1) It Is A Powerful Antioxidant
- The purple-colored Aronia berry has a strong antioxidant content like other berries of the same color.
- Antioxidant foods support the body’s defense system and increase the person’s resistance to diseases.
- It fights free radicals in the body.
- It cleanses the body of toxins.
- Regenerates cells.
- It eliminates the factors that predispose to chronic diseases. It alleviates the effects of existing chronic diseases.
- It removes the signs of premature aging.
2) Fights Cancer Cells
- The most well-known benefit of Aronia fruit is that it fights cancer cells.
- If this fruit is consumed regularly, it prevents the proliferation of cancer cells and even helps to destroy existing cancer cells.
- It is especially effective against intestinal and brain tumors and pancreatic and bladder cancers.
3) Prevents the Progression of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s Diseases
- In scientific studies; It was observed that Aronia juice mixed with lemon juice decreased intracellular cholinesterase activity.
- It is thought that this may prevent the basic pathology in Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
4) Lowers High Blood Pressure
- Aronia fruit is a natural recipe against blood pressure diseases.
- In a study conducted with 44 patients who had a heart attack and were treated with statins; Patients were given a glass of Aronia juice 3 times a day and it was observed that systolic blood pressure decreased to 11 and diastolic blood pressure to 7.2.
- Thus, it has been proven that the Aronia plant has a high blood pressure-lowering effect.
Other benefits of Aronia berry include:
- It reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- It provides heartbeat control.
- It accelerates blood circulation.
- It helps the liver to function in a healthy way and to perform its functions effectively.
- It reduces the risk of vascular occlusion.
- It helps diabetics to normalize their blood sugar levels. However, if you have diabetes, we recommend that you consult your doctor before consuming Aronia fruit and consume it in moderation.
- When consumed regularly, it lowers bad cholesterol levels.
- Aronia is a fruit with a slimming effect. It provides weight control when consumed regularly.
- It fights acute and chronic inflammation in the body.
- It has antiviral, antibacterial properties.
- When consumed regularly, it increases the iron rate in the body.
- If a glass of Aronia juice is drunk after breakfast, it gives vigor and vitality to the body.
- It helps to have a comfortable sleep when drunk before going to bed at night.
- It supports the digestive system and ensures that its functions are carried out in a systematic way.
- It positively affects the development of bones.
- It reduces the negative effects of depression.
Where Does Aronia Plant Grow?
- Aronia is a fruit whose homeland is North America and whose production started in our country with the support of the Ministry of Agriculture in 2012.
- In the studies, it has been observed that the Aronia fruit is compatible with the climate in and around Yalova.
- Aronia cultivation has started in a total area of 41 decares in Yalova Atatürk Culture Gardens Research Institute, which is affiliated with the Ministry of Forestry. Since the Ministry supports the production of this fruit, it distributes Aronia trees, or rather saplings, free of charge in some provinces in Anatolia.
- Aronia plant; It is a perennial, woody, perennial, and shrub-shaped plant.
- It is grown in many countries of the world, including European regions.
Aronia Harms and Side Effects
- Aronia fruit has no known harm or side effects.
- However, it is useful to act with the logic of “excess of everything is harmful”. Like many foods, it is recommended to consume Aronia fruit sparingly but regularly.
- If you have a chronic illness or a medication that you have to use regularly, we recommend that you consult your doctor before consuming Aronia fruit.