Aloe Vera Care by Steps, All the Tips You Need
Aloe Vera Plant Care from A to Z; The aloe vera plant, which is defined as the ” magic wand of heaven” by the Indians, the ” plant of immortality ” by the Egyptians, the ” fountain of youth” in the clay tablets of the Sumerians, and accepted as one of the 16 sacred plants in the Ayurveda of the Indians, is a cure-all, a miracle plant.
The plant, which has been used in different applications by many civilizations throughout history, is still used as a solution to many ailments today. This plant, which is frequently seen in the homes of cactus lovers, is a healing store for the human body as well as the aesthetic visuality it adds to the environment. In many countries, aloe vera is grown commercially, making it easier to access the plant. Let’s get to know this miraculous plant together!
What is Aloe Vera? What are its features?
- The origin of the aloe vera flower, whose homeland is unknown, is believed to have originated in Africa, Mesopotamia or Yemen.
- This plant, which has been used to solve many problems from skin problems to burns, from cuts to digestive system problems since ancient times, is a medicinal plant known as “medical aloes” in our country.
- Aloe vera cactus? No. Although aloe vera resembles a cactus in appearance and attracts the attention of cactus lovers, it is actually a member of the lily family (Asphodelaceae).
- While some species bloom, some species only grow as green leaves, they are very rooted.
- Aloe vera, which grows naturally in tropical or tropical climates, is grown as a crop plant in other climates.
- Today, it is widely used in many fields from cosmetics to perfumery, from medicine to food industry.
- In addition, aloe vera is a plant approved by the World Health Organization.
- The aloe vera plant, which has a long leaf and thorny structure, consists of three main parts: the green bark part and the sticky yellow liquid and gel.
- Its leaves, which have a hard and fleshy structure, have a unique, bitter sap.
- It has a multi-leaf structure and, thanks to its ability to retain water, some species of the plant can grow up to four meters in length.
- Commercial cultivation of the miracle plant aloe vera is done in South America, Mexico, and the Indies. The content of aloe vera consists of amino acids, minerals and vitamins that make it known as miraculous.
- It is possible to benefit from these components of the plant by applying it to the skin, as well as by consuming it directly orally.
- “How to eat aloe vera?” If you ask, it is quite simple: when you remove the green peel of the leaf, it is enough to consume the gel that appears in front of you.
How to Grow Aloe Vera?
- Since it is a plant that needs to mature for 3-4 years in order to become medicinally useful, growing aloe vera seedlings instead of planting the seed of the aloe vera flower allows you to benefit from the plant more quickly.
- If you prefer to grow by planting, you can obtain aloe vera seeds online.
1) How to Reproduce Aloe Vera?
- Thanks to its multi-rooted structure, aloe vera reproduction can be done easily.
- When the new roots are taken from the bottom and immersed in the soil, it comes as a seedling in a short time and multiplies.
2) Soil Selection and Pot Change
- If you have decided to grow aloe vera, the soil type that will work best for you is humus soil.
- You can grow aloe vera by purchasing packaged soils, also called garden soil.
- There should be holes at the bottom of the pot you choose to drain excess water; because too much water will rot your aloe vera.
- If you are going to do aloe vera repotting, you should prefer the spring months when the weather starts to warm up; If you say when is the most ideal, our answer is April.
- You can change the pot of your aloe vera once a year.
3) Optimal Temperature and Environment
- Aloe vera tree, which is a tropical climate plant, loves sun and mild wind.
- Since it has a structure that is easily affected by cold, it should be kept indoors at temperatures below 10 degrees.
- Otherwise, the roots and leaves will rot.
- You can position it in your home on the balcony in the summer season and indoors in the winter season.
- In a sunny room, your aloe vera will grow faster in bright places without direct sunlight.
- Aloe vera is a plant that can rot if overwatered; Does not need regular watering.
- In summer, it will be sufficient to water once a week.
- In winter, after 1 week after watering, if the soil of aloe vera has not dried and lost its moisture, you can wait a few more days.
How to Care for Aloe Vera Plant?
- The most important point in aloe vera care is watering.
- It rots quickly when watered too much. The fact that 2 cm of the soil surface is dry for young plants and 7 cm for mature effects indicates the plant’s need for irrigation. During irrigation, the leaves of the plant are not watered.
- Maintaining the moisture balance of the soil is as important as irrigation.
- Placing stones on the soil surface helps you maintain the moisture balance of the soil.
- Aloe vera soil should be humus and mineralized.
- Peat can also be added to increase the nutrient content of the soil.
- When the plant reaches adult height, it needs a pot with a diameter of at least 45 cm so that the roots can grow comfortably in the soil.
What Are Aloe Vera Types?
Although aloe vera is a plant with a lot of benefits, contrary to popular belief, not all varieties can be used medicinally. Each variety of aloe vera, which has more than 300 varieties, has different characteristics.
Among the aloe vera species, only 4 can be used as medicinal plants.
- Aloe Barbadensis (Barbadensis Miller) is the most widely used medicinally.
- Aloe arborescens, Aloe dichotoma, and Aloe nyeriensis are three other medicinal species.
- The species Aloe nyeriensis is threatened with extinction and is on the IUCN red list.
- Aloe arborescens is one of the flowering species among the aleos, and its flowers are used to make aloe vera tea.
Although the reviews of aloe vera users and the results of the researches emphasize the positive aspects of aloe vera effects, consult your doctor before using it.
What Are the Benefits of Aloe Vera?
- Aloe vera has many benefits thanks to its miraculous content. When the gel structure is consumed externally, it is beneficial in the treatment of fungus, in the treatment of inflamed wounds, in the treatment of stubborn psoriasis and eczema.
- Thanks to the laxative effect it creates when consumed internally, the benefits of drinking aloe vera, which allows you to have a clean colon and a clean stomach, include the regular functioning of the digestive system.
- Aloe vera juice obtained from the root of the plant is frequently used in laxative preparations. Thanks to its cell regenerative feature, when aloe vera is supplemented with omega 3, it is effective in slowing down bone resorption.
- Regeneration of white blood cells, removal of wrinkles, treatment of asthma and increasing cardiovascular performance are among the benefits of aloe vera.
- Thanks to its anti-bacterial properties, aloe vera helps relieve itching caused by fly and insect bites and prevents the reproduction of bacteria.
What Is Aloe Vera Plant Good For?
- The gel structure coming out from under the green leaf of the aloe vera plant forms the therapeutic part of the plant.
- It is possible to see the miraculous effect of aloe vera in many areas.
- Thanks to its anti-bacterial properties, aloe vera offers an extremely effective solution in the treatment of acne.
- The gel structure coming out from under the leaf is applied to acne as an aloe vera mask.
- Besides, it is also effective in the treatment of many other skin problems.
- Thanks to the polysaccharides, antioxidants and enzymes in its compound, aloe vera helps to lose weight and accelerates fat burning.
- Thanks to lignin, which is among its components and has penetrating properties, aloe vera helps to reduce stretch marks.
- Thanks to the enzymes and polysaccharides it contains, aloe vera, which has balancing properties, offers a natural alternative in the treatment of reflux.
- When the gel part is applied to the scalp, it helps to solve the dandruff problem.
What Are Aloe Vera Products?
The miracle plant aloe vera, which has the ability to nourish the skin, is widely used in the cosmetic industry. New products are added to the products containing aloe vera cure day by day.
- Aloe vera facial cleansing solutions are preferred by many users thanks to their skin nourishing feature, and aloe vera face creams due to their anti-aging effect.
- Natural aloe vera eczema cream is preferred by some patients as an alternative to chemical drugs that last for a long time and do not always give results.
- Aloe vera oil is frequently used in daily life thanks to its skin nourishing feature.
- Aloe vera soap offers a natural solution to those who have acne and acne problems.
- Aloe vera also has a solid position in the perfume industry.
- Today, perfumes that even asthma patients can easily use are produced from the essence of this plant.
- Aloe vera combined with olive oil acts as a miraculous hair mask and these products are now widely available in the market.
- In addition to these, the plant is widely used in the food industry.
- Aloe vera drinks and foods are on many grocery shelves.