After-sun healing and revitalizing natural oils
Too much exposure to UV sunlight can damage the body’s immune system and skin structure, causing sunburn. Some essential oils contain compounds that reduce sunburn symptoms and promote healing. Here are 8 healing natural oils that nourish your skin for after sun…
Many active ingredients found in essential oils have more than one positive regenerative or protective effect.
Because most essential oils contain more than one active ingredient, many have a long list of potentially associated health benefits.
If you need a nourishing care for your sun-worn skin, natural oils come to your rescue. Discover natural oils with a healing effect for a bright and moist skin…
To date, there have been no large-scale human studies investigating the relationship between essential oil use and sunburn healing.
Of the few studies that have investigated the benefits of essential oils for sunburn healing, most have concluded that the oils should be applied as soon as possible after a sunburn to reap the benefits.
Warning: Most studies also support the recommendation not to apply essential oils to areas where the skin is very thin, or near heavily hormone-controlled organs such as the genitals, eyelids, mouth, and breasts .
Vitamin E essential oil has also been shown to help improve the skin’s ability to retain moisture and reduce inflammation.
The only known side effect associated with the use of vitamin E essential oil is minor skin irritation. Always dilute essential oils.
Vitamin E oil,
- Nourishes your skin and supports cell regeneration
- Protects against UV rays, strengthens the upper layer of the skin
- Provides intense hydration, satisfies the skin’s need for moisture.
Vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, has been shown to have several benefits that can help reduce sunburn symptoms and improve recovery time.
- Provides protection against UVA and UVB rays
- Improves inflammatory skin symptoms and conditions
- Increases collagen production, the compound that gives skin its elasticity
- Corrects pigmentation problems, reduces blemishes
Although peppermint ( Mentha piperita ) contains several active ingredients with known health benefits, menthol is by far the most potent.
- anti-inflammatory effects reduce skin problems
- antibacterial effects prevent acne breakouts
- has an anti-fungal effect
- It shrinks the pores and contributes to the smooth appearance of the skin.
Extracts from the lavender plant ( Lavandula officinalis ) have at least seven active ingredients known to promote skin regeneration and strengthen immune function.
- Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory effects prevent skin problems
- Tightens skin texture
- Provides moisture to the skin and nourishes the skin
Warning: Some people may be allergic to lavender oil.
Extract from the needle-like leaves of the tea tree ( Melaleuca alternifolia ) plant has been used as an herbal remedy for a variety of health problems, including most skin conditions.
Tea tree oil can be used as an after-sun healing treatment. As with all essential oils, tea tree oil is recommended to be mixed with a carrier oil such as olive oil.
- Strengthens skin texture
- Reduces skin blemishes
- It is good for skin roughness and acne.
Geranium oil has also proven useful as a sedative and nerve tonic, so it has a pain-relieving and healing effect for sunburn.
The only known side effect associated with the use of geranium oil is skin irritation. For this, it is important to use it by mixing with carrier oils.
- Intensely nourishes and moisturizes your skin
- Reduces skin blemishes
Roman chamomile ( Anthemis nobilis ) has been used as a multi-use herbal remedy for centuries, potentially even thousands of years, for its soothing and calming properties.
With more than 10 active ingredients with known health benefits, chamomile oil has established anti-inflammatory properties. It has also been shown to promote or increase wound healing.
- Heals skin burns, contributes to cell regeneration
- Soothes skin, reduces irritation
- It cares for the skin and strengthens the skin layer by nourishing it.
Extracts from the evergreen plant eucalyptus ( Eucalyptus globulus ) are known to contain proven compounds that are good for the skin.
- Its high antioxidant effect contributes to regeneration and revitalization.
- Nourishes and soothes the skin.
It is important to mix eucalyptus oil with a carrier oil such as olive oil to eliminate the possibility of possible irritation.