8 Benefits of Apricot Kernel You Didn’t Know
Apricot, loved by many and consumed in various ways, is a precious fruit that grows in Anatolian lands. The wide usage area of apricot has made this fruit popular. It has been a food that cures many health problems due to the apricot pulp used in making fruit juice and jam.
The seeds of the apricot, known for the city of Malatya in Turkey, are not wasted. Apricot kernel is just as useful and useful as its fruit. Almond-like apricot kernels are sold in herbalists and nut shops.
This kernel is so important that the benefits of apricot kernels have come to the fore by many experts such as İbrahim Saraçoğlu. It will meet you on this page with the benefit of apricot kernels, which prevent various problems from intestinal diseases to loss of appetite. Do not be late to learn the benefits of apricot kernels…
Apricot Kernel Benefit: 8 Features You Didn’t Know About
1) Prevents Cancer Disease
- Apricot kernel is a food that can fight free radicals.
- It prevents cancerous cells from tiring your body and prevents these cells from spreading.
- You can consume apricot kernels to prevent cancer.
2) Relieves Pain
- Apricot kernel consumption is recommended to get rid of muscle and joint pain as quickly as possible.
- It will be good to massage with apricot kernel oil, especially for joint pains after sports.
- Thanks to the apricot kernel that balances blood circulation, you can get rid of pain in your body.
3) Cleansing Pimples by Drying
- By consuming apricot kernels, you can clear the inflammation that causes acne.
- Moreover, when you apply the oil obtained from this seed to your skin, you can witness that the pimples dry out and disappear quickly.
- It is recommended to use apricot kernels to clean your skin and make it look more lively.
4) Provides Cell Regeneration
- Apricot kernel contains vitamin E. With this feature, apricot kernels are remembered as a food that has benefits for the skin.
- Apricot kernel containing vitamin E performs cell renewal in the body.
- Thanks to the apricot kernel, which camouflages the signs of aging and makes you look younger, you protect the health of your skin.
5) Balances Blood Pressure
- If you have high blood pressure problems, you should regularly consume apricot kernels.
- Apricot kernel is a food that improves blood pressure problems.
- It controls blood pressure and prevents blood pressure from rising. If you are using blood pressure medication, you should consult your doctor before consuming apricot kernels.
6) Prevents Heart Diseases
- One of the ways to protect cardiovascular health is to consume healthy foods.
- Apricot kernel is an antioxidant food that contains omega oils recommended to protect heart health.
- It is recommended to consume apricot kernels in order to prevent atherosclerosis and to make the channels leading to the heart healthier.
7) Strengthens the Immune System
- Apricot kernels contain B vitamins and vitamins A, D, E, K.
- To protect yourself from diseases and have a more vigorous body, you need the vitamins in the apricot kernels.
- If you consume apricot kernels in between meals, you can feel better by strengthening your immune system.
8) Opens the Airway
- In the studies on apricot kernels, it is stated that this nutrient improves respiratory ailments.
- In case of irritation of the throat or dry cough, you can consume apricot kernels.
- It clears fluids such as phlegm and mucus that disturb the respiratory tract.
Apricot Kernel Calories and Nutritional Value
If you want to consume apricot kernels, we will give you information about the nutritional value and calories of apricot kernels. By remembering the numbers in the list, you can eat a measured and balanced diet.
- 1 handful of apricot seeds: 242 calories
- 1 tablespoon of apricot kernels: 60 calories
- 1 cup of apricot kernels: 483 calories
The list of vitamins and minerals you will get into your body when you consume 1 handful of apricot seeds is expressed as follows:
- 5.37 grams of Carbs
- 10 grams of Protein
- 20.28 grams Fat
- 0.32 grams of Fiber
- 1.6mg Sodium
- 239.6mg Potassium
- 10.4mg Calcium
- 2mg of vitamin C
- 3.68mg Iron
Can Apricot Kernels Be Eaten? Is it harmful?
Apricot kernels have some side effects. According to studies, apricot kernels can cause a condition called cyanide poisoning.
So, how is apricot kernel poisoning experienced?
- Apricot kernels consumed more than 30 pieces a day cause poisoning.
- Nutritionists often emphasize that you should consume in moderation.
- It is necessary to consult a specialist before consuming apricot kernels and using apricot kernel oil.
- In case of possible poisoning, nausea, vomiting and headache are experienced.