7 Natural Solutions to Remove Sink Smell
Did you know that it is very easy to get rid of annoying sink smells? With regular cleaning and a few tricks, you can eliminate the irritating drain odor in your home and indoors. Although every corner of the house is sparkling, the smell of the sink, which is felt in the least, cannot be tolerated. For those who care about meticulousness and the smell of the house, we will share with you the methods of removing odor in the sink in this article.
How to Remove Sink Smell?
- white vinegar
- Baking soda and vinegar
- lemon oil
- Lavender oil
- orange oil
- coffee powder
For those who are looking for a natural sink deodorizer, you can read our article to the end to reach the easy-to-prepare methods that make the houses beautiful. It is easier than you think to remove sink odors caused by leftovers, vegetable, and fruit juices!
How to Remove Sink Smell?
1) White Vinegar
- For those who say how to remove the smell of the sink, we recommend cleaning with vinegar.
- To clean the kitchen or bathroom sink, you must first have gloves on hand.
- Pour the white vinegar into every part of the sink and try to drain it especially from the drain hole.
- Wipe the sink surface thoroughly with the help of a sponge.
- Run warm water through the drain hole and try to do this cleaning every evening.
- If you regularly clean with vinegar; You will prevent the odor caused by waste.
2) Baking soda and Vinegar
- The most common kitchen sink odor removal method is to mix baking soda and vinegar.
- It is a known method for years to prepare carbonated vinegar water. First, sprinkle baking soda into the sink you want to clean.
- Then, drizzle the vinegar over the baking soda.
- Baking soda and vinegar will interact and foam up. In the meantime, tea and food stains will be eroded from the sink.
- You can eliminate the odor in the sink by doing general cleaning with the help of a sponge or cleaning brush.
- It is recommended that you try this process frequently.
3) Lemon Oil
- We will recommend vegetable oils to those who are asking what to do to remove the smell of the sink.
- Lemon oil will clean the bad odor in the sink drain thanks to its unique smell.
- You need to apply it every night for lemon oil to have a lasting effect.
- While you sleep peacefully; Lemon oil will freshen the sink pipe.
- When you wake up in the morning, lemon scents will spread from the kitchen and bathroom sink.
4) Lavender Oil
- Lavender, which has a fresh smell, is used in the form of oil for cleaning the sink.
- Lavender oil, which is one of the answers to the question of what should be done for the smell of the sink, is a product that saves the sinks in the interior.
- If you started to be bothered by the smell in the kitchen or bathroom sink; It is recommended to take lavender oil and pour it into the drain hole.
- You can suppress the bad smell by pouring lavender oil into the sink in the morning and evening.
- You can also dilute it with some warm water and do general sink cleaning.
5) Orange Oil
- We also include citrus fruits in the list of natural remedies for sink odor removal. Especially thanks to the sharp and clean smell of orange oil, the irritating smell in the sink can be prevented.
- It is recommended that you pour the orange oil that you will obtain from the herbalist into the sink frequently.
- If you pour a few drops of orange oil into the sinkhole before going to sleep at night; You can prevent bad odor both in the closet and in the bathroom and kitchen.
- It is also recommended to do general cleaning by adding a few drops of orange oil to the sponge while cleaning the sink.
6) Coffee Powder
- Thanks to the smell of coffee, unwanted odors in the house are removed. It is an ideal method especially for the sink odor that occurs in closed environments.
- Cleaning the sink with coffee is very simple. Mix the coffee powder with warm water and pour it into the drain hole.
- In a short time, the smell of coffee will spread to the pipe and the smell of garbage will disappear.
- You can use naphthalene to remove the bad smell emanating from the sink.
- However, you need to be careful when using naphthalene. It is included in some studies that it harms the body through inhalation. Therefore, it can be used for sinks where food will not come into contact.
- You can buy naphthalene from the markets and put it in the sink in a measured way.
- Naphthalene will remove bad odor as it comes into contact with water.
- You can add mothballs to unused tubs to make the bathroom smell better.