Pumpkin Seed Oil: Source of Vitamin E
Pumpkin seed oil is a healthy oil made from pumpkin seeds. The squash, which comes from the Cucurbitaceae family and whose Latin name is Cucurbita Pepo; There are varieties such as gum squash, helvacı squash, pumpkin. The seeds of the pumpkin, which is used in food and dessert making, are as useful as itself. Pumpkin seeds are flat and dark green in color and are housed in a yellowish shell. There are also varieties whose seeds are produced without shells. Roasted and consumed as nuts, seeds are more nutritious and delicious than other beans. It is also quite high in calories.
Courgette; It is very rich in mineral elements such as potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, sodium, iron and vitamins B1, E, A and C. Kernels also contain the same features. Since pumpkin seed oil obtained from these seeds contains essential fatty acids in its composition, it helps to protect vessels, nerves and tissues. You can find everything you want to know about pumpkin seed oil in this article.
What Are the Benefits of Pumpkin Seed Oil?
Pumpkin seed oil, which is produced by processing pumpkin seeds through a series of processes, is a vegetable oil used both in the health field and in the cosmetics sector. It is used in the treatment of many diseases with the vitamins A, B and E, omega 3, omega 6, selenium and zinc minerals it contains. Among the benefits of pumpkin seed oil are its contributions to hair and skin health. Other benefits are listed as follows:
- It is used in the treatment of stress and depression because it is very rich in amino acids.
- Pumpkin seed oil is protective against prostate cancer.
- It is beneficial for people who have urinary difficulties. It is good for urinary bladder problems.
- It is useful against morning sickness. It helps to remove toxins from the body.
- It is effective in the regular functioning of the intestines. It is good against constipation.
- Pumpkin seed oil strengthens bones. It is used as a support product in the treatment of rheumatic diseases.
- It helps to lower cholesterol as it contains omega 3 and omega 6.
- It is useful in hormone irregularity in infertility problem.
- It helps to reduce intestinal worms seen in children. Pumpkin seed oil is also effective for reducing parasites.
- It has antioxidant properties. It is beneficial for heart and kidney health.
- It is effective against inflammation in the bladder.
- It increases body resistance and protects against diseases.
- Thanks to its antioxidant properties, it fights free radicals in the body. There are opinions that it is protective against cancer.
What Are the Benefits of Pumpkin Seed Oil for the Skin?
Pumpkin seed oil is a vegetable oil used for skin blemishes. The rich vitamin E in its content treats blemishes on the skin and helps the skin renew itself. Vitamin E is very important for skin health and beauty. Because it is an anti-aging vitamin that prevents the deterioration of cell membranes and helps the cell stay healthy.
Pumpkin seed oil helps everyone who wants to have a young and healthy skin with the rich vitamin E it contains. It fights wrinkles that are formed or will form on the skin. Apart from pumpkin seed oil, you can also use its cream to provide quality skin care. You can get help from pumpkin seed oil for wrinkles and crow’s feet around the eyes. The benefits of pumpkin seed oil for the skin can be summarized as follows:
- It strengthens the immune system and helps the skin to be beautiful and stay young.
- It is useful in removing skin spots caused by the effect of the sun.
- It can be applied around the eyes. It reduces the signs of aging in this area.
- Essential fatty acids in pumpkin seed oil increase sebum production, allowing the skin to stay moist.
What Does Pumpkin Seed Oil Do? How to use?
- Pumpkin seed oil is effective against prostate enlargement as well as protecting against prostate cancer.
- It helps to eliminate urinary difficulties caused by the enlargement of the prostate.
- It reduces prostate enlargement in men with the carotenoid and phytosterol it contains.
- It is good for cardiovascular diseases.
- It stretches the veins and regulates the blood circulation.
- It has protective properties against possible heart attacks.
- Pumpkin seed oil, which contains phosphorus, strengthens the bones and helps keep the kidneys healthy.
- It reduces bone resorption.
- Pumpkin seed oil, which is good for skin health, is also very useful for hair care.
- It prevents hair loss and helps hair to grow healthy.
- Pumpkin seed oil is a vegetable oil that can be used both internally and externally.
- If you want to consume it by drinking, you can drink 1 dessert spoon every morning on an empty stomach.
- If you find it difficult to drink oil alone, you can try to consume it by mixing it with a tea glass of warm water.
- You can mix it with olive oil in your salads.
- If you are going to use it externally, you can apply pumpkin seed oil to the area you will apply it with a light massage.
- When you apply it to your face, you will see that it makes your skin soft.
- You can also use it by preparing an ointment with pumpkin seed oil and cornmeal.
- As with all vegetable oils, you should consult your doctor before using this oil.
How to Obtain Pumpkin Seed Oil?
- Pumpkin seed oil, which has a dark green color, is an oil obtained by cold pressing method from the seeds of squash, a reptilian plant with yellow flowers. It is not an oil that you can easily prepare at home with this method.
- Apart from vitamins and minerals, it also contains vegetable protein, starch and zinc.
- It is an oil with high nutritional value.
- In order to make the oil, first the fresh seeds of the pumpkin are taken and processed.
- Then, pumpkin seed oil is obtained by cold pressing method. The oil, which has many benefits for human health, is rich in antioxidants as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
- For those wondering if pumpkin seed oil makes you lose weight, the answer to your question is no. It is already an oil, moreover, it has a strong nutritional value.
Pumpkin Seed Oil Harms and Side Effects
- Pumpkin seed oil has no known obvious harm.
- But before using it, it is absolutely necessary to get an opinion from a specialist doctor.
- Especially for patients who use drugs regularly, using them without consulting their doctor can have bad results.
- It is not recommended to be used by pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Even if you do not have any health problems, it would not be right to use it without a doctor’s advice.
- May cause problems for people with allergies.
- Excessive consumption is also harmful.