What Are the Benefits of Garlic Oil?
Garlic, which belongs to the lily family, is a plant with a long history. Garlic, which draws attention with its antibiotic properties, can be grown in almost every region of our country. Garlic, which is used in almost all dishes, appetizers, salads and especially in foods such as sausage, salami and pastrami in Turkish culture, is among the most consumed herbal products with its unique aroma and taste. The allyl sulfide substance in its content gives garlic its unique smell.
- Approximately 28 grams of carbohydrates in 100 grams of garlic,
- 64 grams of water,
- It has 5 grams of protein and cellulose as fiber.
- 100 grams of garlic contains 140 calories.
- Garlic oil obtained from garlic is rich in vitamins C, B6, B2, A and C, silicon, iron, iodine, selenium minerals and amino acids.
- Garlic oil, which contains over 100 enzymes, is at least as beneficial as the garlic itself.
With its unique flavor and nutritive properties, garlic oil has been enlightened in this article, which contains all the answers for its enthusiasts! How to make garlic oil at home? What is the use of garlic oil in the kitchen, in skin care, does it grow hair, how is it used? Here is the information waiting for you!
How Is Garlic Oil Made?
Garlic, one of the most loved and consumed flavoring plants, is a difficult plant to peel and chop. Garlic oil, which intensifies the aroma and flavor of garlic and increases its benefits, is preferred because of its ease of use. Garlic oil is very easy and practical to prepare:
- 25 large cloves of garlic from garlic with a toothed structure
- 4 teaspoons of pure extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic oil is obtained using a glass jar.
- The garlic cloves are peeled.
- The peeled garlics are crushed by pressing with the help of the side of the knife.
- The crushed garlic is placed in a glass jar.
- Add olive oil and place the jar in a sunny place.
- It is mixed once or twice a day using a wooden spoon.
- Garlic oil, which is kept for 15-20 days, becomes ready for use.
So, does the prepared garlic oil smell?
- Garlic oil also retains its unique smell, just like garlic. For this reason, it is suitable to be stored in capped glass bottles.
- You can store garlic oil in a cabinet or pantry that does not receive sunlight and heat.
What Are the Benefits of Garlic Oil?
- Garlic oil, which has antibiotic properties, helps the wounds to close in a short time when applied on open wounds.
- Due to its enzyme structure, garlic oil prevents parasite formation.
- It provides nourishment to the scalp. Garlic oil, which you apply by massaging, strengthens the hair follicles.
- It helps to thicken hair, beard and eyebrows.
- It lowers cholesterol.
- Garlic oil, which has antioxidant properties, strengthens the immune system and protects the body against infections.
- Garlic oil, which is especially effective against respiratory tract infections, supports the body’s fight against flu and cold.
- Garlic oil, which has expectorant properties, protects the heart and prevents the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- It is effective against muscle pain.
- Garlic oil, which has positive effects on bone and tooth development, prevents bone deformities and weaknesses that may occur in later ages.
- It prevents the formation of cancer cells by removing toxins from the body and prevents the proliferation of formed cancer cells.
- Garlic oil, which prevents constipation by increasing bowel movements, also prevents indigestion.
- It prevents the formation of worms in the intestine.
- Due to the enzymes it contains, garlic oil is an oil that has benefits for the skin.
- It prevents the formation of acne and pimples.
What Does Garlic Oil Do?
- Thanks to the enzymes in the garlic oil content, it helps to relieve toothache.
- A few drops of garlic oil dripped onto a clean cotton ball are kept on the aching tooth for 10 minutes. If the pain does not go away, it is recommended to apply 2 times a day.
- Garlic oil, which is used in the treatment of acne and pimples on the skin, is also good for psoriasis and warts.
- Garlic oil, which is used externally for fungi on the feet, also relieves itching.
So, does garlic oil make you lose weight?
- The diallyl sulfur substance in its content accelerates metabolism and facilitates fat burning.
- Organic garlic oil, which helps to dissolve regional fats, also helps to lose weight by eliminating edema in the body.
- With the removal of toxins from the body, it becomes easier to reach fat cells.
- For slimming with garlic oil, it is recommended to consume garlic oil half an hour before meals by diluting it with water on an empty stomach.
Garlic Oil Harms and Side Effects
- Although garlic oil comes to the fore with its benefits, it can sometimes cause unexpected effects.
- Some people who consume garlic oil may experience heartburn and heartburn.
- In addition, it may be inconvenient to consume with blood thinners due to the enzymes it contains.
- In people with allergies, it can cause diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, skin burning and redness.
- Use of garlic oil during pregnancy should be discontinued.
How to Use Garlic Oil?
- Garlic oil, which can be added to salads, stews and soups, can also be added to meat dishes to create a different flavor.
- In addition, garlic oil added to masks prepared for hair and skin gives vitality to the hair and skin.
- Garlic oil added to the tzatziki and eggplant salad and also to the yogurt prepared for ravioli adds a wonderful flavor with its unique aroma.
- Garlic oil alone can irritate the skin when applied to the skin. Therefore, it is recommended to be used together with other medicinal vegetable oils.
- Garlic oil is also used for hair masks prepared for hair loss. Putting garlic oil in the shampoo used regularly supports the nutrition of the hair follicles.
- Garlic oil is also used for tinnitus. Garlic oil, which draws attention with this feature, was also discussed by İbrahim Saracoğlu. According to Saraçoğlu, a few drops of garlic oil dripped into the ear before throwing it has a therapeutic effect for tinnitus.
Garlic Oil Skin Mask
- garlic oil
- Almond oil
- coconut oil
- Add a few drops of almond oil and a few drops of coconut oil to 2 drops of garlic oil in a glass bowl.
- Prepared garlic oil can be applied on pimples and acne.
Benefits of Garlic Oil for Hair, Beard and Eyebrows
- Garlic oil, which strengthens the hair strands, gives shine and vitality to the hair.
- It prevents hair breakage and helps men to grow beards healthier by making them grow thicker.
- So, does garlic oil regrow hair? Garlic oil, which supports faster hair growth, also prepares the ground for new hair formation. When garlic oil is applied by massaging the scalp, it provides more blood to the hair follicles. However, garlic oil should not be applied to the scalp alone. Sesame oil should be mixed with vegetable oils such as olive oil, almond oil or wheat oil.
- Garlic oil applied for hair has the same effects on the beard. With this method, which is applied once a week, the hair becomes lively, shiny and healthier.
- At the same time garlic oil eyebrows also are effective. It allows the shed eyebrows to grow again.
- When garlic oil is applied to the bottom of the eyelashes together with almond oil, it helps the eyelashes to grow thicker.
- Vitamin E, which is abundant in garlic oil, prevents hair loss, while iron and sulfur strengthen the hair follicles, allowing you to have lively and shiny hair.
- It is useful to massage the garlic oil that you will apply for hair, beard or eyebrows; In this way, you will accelerate the blood circulation.
Garlic Oil Hair – Beard – Eyebrow Lifting Mask
- garlic oil
- Olive oil
- Sift 1 teaspoon of garlic oil and 1-2 tablespoons of pure olive oil into a glass bowl and mix.
- The prepared garlic oil mask is applied by massaging the hair, eyebrows or beard roots.
- Then, a nylon cap is attached to the hair and the massage process is continued over the bone.
- After keeping the mixture on the hair for half an hour, the oils are cleaned with shampoo.
- For the most reliable results, you can apply this mask once a week to the area where you want the hair follicles to get stronger.