What Are the Benefits of Garlic Tea?
Belonging to the Alliacae family, garlic is a bulbous plant. Garlic, which is an annual plant with a height of 25-200 centimeters, contains aromatic oil in its stems, leaves and the bulbous part under the soil. As it can be consumed raw, the plant with oil, extract, tea and tablets supports the treatment of some diseases.
3 cloves of garlic per day, which is a valuable plant in terms of minerals and vitamins :
- 6% of the need for vitamin B6,
- 5% of the need for vitamin C,
- 2% of your calcium need
- It meets 1% of the iron need.
In addition, garlic contains manganese, selenium, copper, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, thiamine, riboflavin, omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. Garlic tea prepared using garlic contains all these vitamins and minerals. So, what is garlic tea good for? Garlic tea, which has effects on weight loss, is among the herbal teas that have increased in popularity in recent years. In addition, the use of garlic tea is recommended in some chronic diseases and in special cases where the immune system is weakened.
With its rich vitamins and minerals, antioxidant properties and healing properties for every ailment, what are the benefits of garlic tea, what is it good for, how to drink, how to brew, the answer to all your questions is waiting for you in a single article!
How to Prepare Garlic Tea?
- Lemon juice
The garlic tea recipe prepared using 3 cloves of garlic, 3 pieces of ginger and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice is very practical and easy:
- For the preparation of garlic tea, first of all, ginger is crushed with the help of a robot or pestle and powdered.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to the powdered ginger and boil it for 2-3 minutes.
- Boiling ginger for a long time can cause the loss of beneficial substances in its content. So it is enough to boil the ginger for a few minutes.
- 3 cloves of garlic are crushed in a mortar and added to boiling water with ginger.
- When the garlic is added, the bottom of the stove should be turned off.
- After adding the garlic, the cooking pot is covered with a clean cloth and left to rest for 10 minutes.
- The rested garlic-ginger mixture is taken from the stove and filtered into the glass.
- It can be consumed by adding lemon juice to the garlic tea in a glass .
- If its aroma is sharp, you can sweeten it with honey and drink your garlic tea.
How to Drink Garlic Tea?
- Garlic tea, also known as garlic tea, plays a helpful role in the treatment of many diseases, from hair care to chronic heart diseases.
- Garlic tea ingredients, which are very easy to prepare, are 1 clove of garlic, 1 glass of water, lemon and 2 teaspoons of honey.
- 1 peeled garlic clove is placed in the coffee pot and kept aside to cool.
- Add 2 teaspoons of honey and lemon juice to the mixture of warmed garlic water.
- Consumption of more than 3 glasses a day may trigger some discomfort, therefore it is recommended to consume limited consumption.
- Those who want to lose weight should consume without adding honey.
- You can also add slices of fresh fruit such as lemon, apple, quince to your cup to suppress the smell of garlic tea.
Question: So, should you drink garlic tea before a meal?
Answer: It can be consumed on an empty stomach before breakfast, lunch and dinner. Drinking it fresh before each meal makes it show its effects better.
Question: So, when does garlic tea show its effect?
Answer: Garlic tea, which is used regularly, starts to show its effect within 2 weeks.
What Are the Benefits of Garlic Tea?
- Garlic tea, which has antibacterial properties, can prevent stomach ailments by eliminating harmful bacteria in the stomach.
- Garlic tea, which is consumed before going to bed at night, helps to ensure a comfortable sleep by preventing chest congestion with the effect of aromatic oils in its content.
- Herbal tea, which has antioxidant properties, plays an active role in eliminating problems such as fungus, acne and acne on the skin.
- Thanks to its high vitamin and mineral content, it strengthens the immune system and protects the body from diseases.
- It is important in the treatment of colds and infectious diseases seen in the winter months.
- Prepared garlic tea, when applied by massaging the scalp, provides revitalization of the scalp and hair follicles, and also has a preventive effect on hair breakage.
- Garlic tea steam plays an active role in the treatment of sinusitis by opening the sinuses.
- In case of food poisoning, the antibiotic effect will relieve your stomach.
- Heals open wounds, cuts and inflammations.
- Thanks to the properties of garlic tea, which is effective in the protection of cardiovascular health, it minimizes the risk of heart attack.
- It prevents the spread of cancer cells.
- It prevents the occurrence of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Thanks to its antioxidant properties, it helps to remove toxins from the body and accelerates fat burning.
Does Garlic Tea Make You Weak?
- Garlic tea, which is a very popular herbal tea recently due to its effects on weight loss, is widely preferred by those who have weight problems.
- Garlic tea, which facilitates the elimination of toxic substances from the body with the help of antioxidant components in its content, is an effective tea for weight loss.
- Garlic tea consumed on an empty stomach increases the rate of fat burning and metabolism.
- It also reduces the feeling of hunger by suppressing the appetite.
- Garlic tea, which eliminates insulin resistance by regulating blood sugar, prevents constipation by increasing bowel movements.
- It facilitates the removal of excess water accumulated in the body and ensures the removal of edema from the body.
- Its high vitamin and mineral content prevents weakness and fatigue during the slimming period and helps to feel more alive and fit.
- Garlic tea consumed half an hour before meals on an empty stomach helps to lose weight, making it easier to lose weight.
- Consumption of garlic tea alone is insufficient for weight loss.
- The garlic tea diet, supported by a healthy and balanced diet and exercise, helps those who have difficulties in losing weight.
- Garlic tea was also handled by Ender Saraç. Saraç says that garlic tea prepared using ginger, lemon and garlic accelerates fat burning.
- It is among the comments of those who lose weight with garlic tea, which reduces body swelling and accelerates bowel movements.
What Are the Harms of Garlic Tea? Does it touch the stomach?
- Although garlic tea is a preferred herbal product with its benefits, misuse or excessive consumption can cause harmful effects in some people.
- Excessive consumption of garlic tea creates an allergic reaction in people.
- People with a sensitive body may experience side effects of garlic tea such as skin flushing, itching and burning when they consume more than recommended.
- In addition, if it is not consumed fresh, the smell of waiting garlic tea may intensify and its beneficial effects may disappear.
- Bad breath and a bad smell of sweat can be counted among the damages of excessively consumed garlic tea.
- In addition, excessive consumption of garlic tea can cause stomach cramps, burning and nausea.
- Those who use drugs constantly, and especially those who use blood thinners, should not consume garlic tea without consulting a doctor.
So, can lactating mothers drink garlic tea?
- Pregnant and lactating mothers should consult a doctor before consuming to avoid possible side effects.
- Likewise, it is very important for diabetics, kidney patients, heart patients and blood pressure patients to consult a doctor before consuming garlic tea.
Does Garlic Tea Have Smell?
- One of the most frequently asked questions about Garlic tea also ” how to taste garlic tea” is the question. Garlic has a distinctive smell. Generally, those who use garlic tea do not like to eat garlic and drink its tea because of this smell. However, this smell can be ignored because of its beneficial effects.
- Garlic, which has a very effective smell when consumed fresh, has a milder aroma when boiled.
- Especially when consumed with ginger, the more dominant ginger smell makes the smell of garlic lighten and creates a fresher smell.
- Adding lemon can make the flavor even better.
- Even herbal products with a more dominant aroma such as mint and clove can eliminate the offensive smell of garlic tea.
- You can drink plenty of water afterwards to quickly get rid of the smell of garlic tea from your body.